View Poll Results: Who wins the Hunger Games - Jurassic Park style?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quincy Acy

5 17.86%
  • Andrea Bargnani

1 3.57%
  • Ed Davis

0 0%
  • DeMar DeRozan

1 3.57%
  • Landry Fields

0 0%
  • Aaron Gray

2 7.14%
  • Amir Johnson

1 3.57%
  • Linas Kleiza

15 53.57%
  • Kyle Lowry

1 3.57%
  • Jonas Valanciunas

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park

If you are sick of Katniss Everdeen, or have been able to avoid the Hunger Games, then please feel free to ignore this thread. I have just read through the first two books in the series and thought it would an interesting thread idea, or time consumer, to see which current Raptor you would be betting on inside a Hunger Games arena. For those that haven't read or watched the movie, and haven't just skipped over the thread, think of a very large cage match to the death. If you think the topic of current Raps killing each other off is a little twisted, then just think of a Raps practice brawl... who comes out on top?

Lets make the Hunger Games arena for this one the ACC, complete with the "restaurants", but nobody else in the arena but the current Raps team. Weapons would be anything they can find in the arena.

Who are you betting on? How do they win? Who would be the first to go?

**I had to leave out some of the Raps on the poll (caps at 10), so don't forget about:
    Calderon, Lucas III, Ross, Anderson
    Last edited by The Coach; Wed Aug 22nd, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza, Kleiza and Kleiza. He wouldn't even need a weapon.
    As for first to go?

Bargnani

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Linas Kleiza or Quincy Acy. Probably Kleiza though.

First to go - Jose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Garbo wrote: View Post
    Kleiza, Kleiza and Kleiza. He wouldn't even need a weapon.
    As for first to go?

Bargnani
    I would agree with Kleiza... I had a final matchup of Lowry (Philly-tough) and Kleiza. I give the edge to Kleiza because he could just smirk at Lowry and he would b in trouble and the fact that he knows the arena better.

First to go - love him, but Calderon would be my guess... unless he found the gatorades to pass out and makes an alliance.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't make me read Hunger Games to discuss the Raptors. Please! I beg you....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Please don't make me read Hunger Games to discuss the Raptors. Please! I beg you....
    I know I started the thread but I totally know how you feel... I held off for quite awhile but teaching LA in junior high makes it tough to ignore these types of cultural fads. That being said I have been able to ward off anything to do with vampires.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Coles notes, it is...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Before I even read any responses I voted for Linas. I think the whole thing would be over in about 3 hours, DeMar and Amir would be the first to go, they would be caught on the practice court daydreaming about their times as "The Young Guns", Linas would sneak up on them and snap their necks, two down, bring on the others.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose would win by passing around tainted gatorade to everyone to make sure they were all well hydrated before the games. And for those whom would be suspicious of him he would just start doing his clapping defense thing which would just hypnotize them into drinking it.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you imagine a JJ , Kleiza Final.... kinda makes me wish we kept him around...Kinda...

It could just be because of the raptors picture thread were JV is always holding a sword but im gonna take him.

First to go - Amir

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Jose would win by passing around tainted gatorade to everyone to make sure they were all well hydrated before the games. And for those whom would be suspicious of him he would just start doing his clapping defense thing which would just hypnotize them into drinking it.

Bahaha ftw.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You know the off-season is in the dog days when.....

I'd vote for Acy. He has the compact physical frame and the beard alone should knock off the weaker ones (Demar, Bargs, Jose). Kleiza could only win if it was an international competition and not NBA. JV would be the guy everyone guns for right away since he's such an obvious threat and would get knocked off by Amir and ED double-teaming him.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watched/read Hunger Games, but if it's about surviving I'd say Jose. So many casualties by his hand (Ford, Jack, Bayless, etc)

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted JV... he's goes after it like nobody's business, I wouldn't vote for him if it was a UFC tourney, but in a hunger games style event (where dehydration and infection play a role) i think JV's youth gives him a slight edge. Plus he looks pretty comfortable wielding that sword in "omgsomuchpotential" 's avatar.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza, no question. While others might be hesitant to take a human life, Kleiza has been dreaming of that moment since birth. The look in his eyes just screams, "I feel nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JYFelony wrote: View Post
    Kleiza, no question. While others might be hesitant to take a human life, Kleiza has been dreaming of that moment since birth. The look in his eyes just screams, "I feel nothing."
    Hilarious... and yet somewhat eerily true.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the movie but haven't read the books...

but from what i can understand from the movie... there are two things nescessary to winning the hunger games

1) the ability to climb trees
    2) horrible emotionless acting skills

With those requirements, i pick Bargs.

I've seen his Primo commercial, so i feel i'm an expert judge on his acting skills

And he's very tall... and tree branches aren't bouncing off backboards... so he should be able to grab them with ease

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to go with Kleiza, only because I think he hates everyone and everything already. First to go would be Landry, he's just too friendly.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am taking Acy for sure. Dude is a manimal. If Kenneth Faried and Rambo had a kid, he would be Quincy Acy.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
    I have to go with Kleiza, only because I think he hates everyone and everything already. First to go would be Landry, he's just too friendly.
    Nobody wants to be the guy to kill Landry, they want to be the guy there to console his smokin hot girlfriend when Kleiza uses him to test for pedestal mines...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information