Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park

If you are sick of Katniss Everdeen, or have been able to avoid the Hunger Games, then please feel free to ignore this thread. I have just read through the first two books in the series and thought it would an interesting thread idea, or time consumer, to see which current Raptor you would be betting on inside a Hunger Games arena. For those that haven't read or watched the movie, and haven't just skipped over the thread, think of a very large cage match to the death. If you think the topic of current Raps killing each other off is a little twisted, then just think of a Raps practice brawl... who comes out on top?

Lets make the Hunger Games arena for this one the ACC, complete with the "restaurants", but nobody else in the arena but the current Raps team. Weapons would be anything they can find in the arena.

Who are you betting on? How do they win? Who would be the first to go?

**I had to leave out some of the Raps on the poll (caps at 10), so don't forget about:
    Calderon, Lucas III, Ross, Anderson
    Quincy Acy
    17.86%
    Andrea Bargnani
    3.57%
    Ed Davis
    0.00%
    DeMar DeRozan
    3.57%
    Landry Fields
    0.00%
    Aaron Gray
    7.14%
    Amir Johnson
    3.57%
    Linas Kleiza
    53.57%
    Kyle Lowry
    3.57%
    Jonas Valanciunas
    7.14%
    Last edited by The Coach; Wed Aug 22, 2012, 12:16 PM.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Kleiza, Kleiza and Kleiza. He wouldn't even need a weapon.
    As for first to go?

Bargnani

Comment

Linas Kleiza or Quincy Acy. Probably Kleiza though.

First to go - Jose.

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
        Kleiza, Kleiza and Kleiza. He wouldn't even need a weapon.
        As for first to go?

Bargnani
        I would agree with Kleiza... I had a final matchup of Lowry (Philly-tough) and Kleiza. I give the edge to Kleiza because he could just smirk at Lowry and he would b in trouble and the fact that he knows the arena better.

First to go - love him, but Calderon would be my guess... unless he found the gatorades to pass out and makes an alliance.
        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
        ― John Wooden

Comment

Please don't make me read Hunger Games to discuss the Raptors. Please! I beg you....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Please don't make me read Hunger Games to discuss the Raptors. Please! I beg you....
            I know I started the thread but I totally know how you feel... I held off for quite awhile but teaching LA in junior high makes it tough to ignore these types of cultural fads. That being said I have been able to ward off anything to do with vampires.
            ― John Wooden

Comment

Coles notes, it is...

Comment

Before I even read any responses I voted for Linas. I think the whole thing would be over in about 3 hours, DeMar and Amir would be the first to go, they would be caught on the practice court daydreaming about their times as "The Young Guns", Linas would sneak up on them and snap their necks, two down, bring on the others.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Jose would win by passing around tainted gatorade to everyone to make sure they were all well hydrated before the games. And for those whom would be suspicious of him he would just start doing his clapping defense thing which would just hypnotize them into drinking it.

Comment

Can you imagine a JJ , Kleiza Final.... kinda makes me wish we kept him around...Kinda...

It could just be because of the raptors picture thread were JV is always holding a sword but im gonna take him.

First to go - Amir

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      Jose would win by passing around tainted gatorade to everyone to make sure they were all well hydrated before the games. And for those whom would be suspicious of him he would just start doing his clapping defense thing which would just hypnotize them into drinking it.

Bahaha ftw.

Comment

You know the off-season is in the dog days when.....

I'd vote for Acy. He has the compact physical frame and the beard alone should knock off the weaker ones (Demar, Bargs, Jose). Kleiza could only win if it was an international competition and not NBA. JV would be the guy everyone guns for right away since he's such an obvious threat and would get knocked off by Amir and ED double-teaming him.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I haven't watched/read Hunger Games, but if it's about surviving I'd say Jose. So many casualties by his hand (Ford, Jack, Bayless, etc)
                          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I voted JV... he's goes after it like nobody's business, I wouldn't vote for him if it was a UFC tourney, but in a hunger games style event (where dehydration and infection play a role) i think JV's youth gives him a slight edge. Plus he looks pretty comfortable wielding that sword in "omgsomuchpotential" 's avatar.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Kleiza, no question. While others might be hesitant to take a human life, Kleiza has been dreaming of that moment since birth. The look in his eyes just screams, "I feel nothing."

Comment

Working...
                              X