J-V Dissed in Rookie Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam17 wrote: View Post
    That's true but Kyle Singler received a vote and he was also a part of the 2011 draft. I think all the rookies that were a part of the photo shoot were eligible to be voted for, since this survey took place during the photo shoot. And JV was certainly there
    Good point. If that is the case than I am pumped for JV to prove them all wrong!
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Comment

Evan Fournier got votes despite playing in Europe. Also, some people voted for Jeremy Lamb and Terrence Jones as funniest. Not sure if they were being serious.

Comment

What's wrong with lamb and jones?

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
          What's wrong with lamb and jones?
          Lamb is possibly the most boring person I've ever heard talk. Not too sure how Terrence Jones is in person, but he seemed like a nervous wreck in all the interviews I watched. They just don't rub me as the "funny type".

Comment

lol true, I just searched a couple lamb interviews, the man always sounds and looks like he's half asleep

Comment

hahahaha Raptor fans

edit:
              apparently s.m.h. is a bad word around here. I guess that line could get a little out of hand on this message board.

Comment

Whats funny is, while people are getting their panties all bunched over JV not getting any respect from fellow rookies, ESPN just published their poll for ROY where he not only was one of 6 players to actually garner votes, he got just as many votes to win ROY as Harrison Barnes and Bradley Beal.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...st-rookie-year

If the Raptors make the Playoffs and JV is Starting, I see him getting some serious consideration for ROY.

Comment

BCsMaBoi wrote: View Post
                  In a post on nba.com Acy and Ross were ranked very high by their fellow rookies in terms of athleticism but J-V did not get a single vote in any category! See link below:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1
                  This is awesome. The Raptors couldn't ask for a better scenario. Motivation.

Comment

Nobody disses JV and gets away with it!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Whats funny is, while people are getting their panties all bunched over JV not getting any respect from fellow rookies, ESPN just published their poll for ROY where he not only was one of 6 players to actually garner votes, he got just as many votes to win ROY as Harrison Barnes and Bradley Beal.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...st-rookie-year

If the Raptors make the Playoffs and JV is Starting, I see him getting some serious consideration for ROY.
                      Good to see!
                      Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

I wanna know who voted for Austin Rivers in that poll?

Comment

Dissed? I doubt any rookie is watching JV clips on youtube like Raptor fans are.

Quincy had a few ESPN highlight reel plays during the tournament last year and I've seen some funny Terrence Jones interview clips, though I couldn't track them down again.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                            and I've seen some funny Terrence Jones interview clips, though I couldn't track them down again.

Skip ahead to about 0:45 where Doron Lamb starts asking him questions. Dudes got a sense of humour for sure.

Comment

Terrence Jones is already the 3rd funniest guy in the NBA behind Steve Nash and Nick Young's wardrobe.

Comment

Working...
                              X