The Forgotten Raptor: Tomislav Zubcic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Morris and Jones? He can't out play those two?
    It seems like the coach doesnt trust the rookies at all, Morris was a lotery pick and he didnt play at all last year, now his playing time is up to 23mins a game, maybe it will be the case with the other young guys too next year

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      + Patterson (look at current Houston record, they were thought to be bottom feeders, those guys must be playing good), according to Rockets coach no, but the numbers in summer league, D league, Euroleague and games in October say otherwise. He wasn't given a chance to be honest to play at PF, and he's not a C, what Houston needs.
      Gray, rights to Zubcic, and future 2nd pick for Motiejunas.... call me when you need something else done.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Gray, rights to Zubcic, and future 2nd pick for Motiejunas.... call me when you need something else done.
        If only you were hired as Raps GM....
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I could handle that, in his 4 games in the D league he showed he can rebound the ball and shot a very good percentage from the floor. It would leave us very thin up front, but maybe when we ship Andrea out it nets us a veteran big man with some girth.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Zubcic in his debut for Lietovus Rytas started

O Pts 5 Rebs 2 Ast in 17 mins
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

After having watched a few games of his (mainly out of boredom before going to work, I admit) the thing I've noticed is how well he handles the ball for a guy his height, especially on the move. If he learned a good ball fake, and had a bit more confidence in himself, he could really score well in the NBA. Needs to get bigger, though.

Comment

I personally think he will come over next year. Seeing that we will probably not have a draft pick. I starting to think Motiejunas is that good. First he didn't make his national team and now he can't even get playing time with a young roockets team.
                I was wrong with my answer that current PF's of Rockets are playing good, this is even worse then:
                http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=232686
                Insights from Rockets fans, will sum up everything for you.

Comment

I'd be all over giving Motiejunas a shot.

Comment

He could be included into Bargnani trade, Houston desperately needs legit PF. But what else Raptors could demand from that roster or picks they have, I got no idea.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                      He could be included into Bargnani trade, Houston desperately needs legit PF. But what else Raptors could demand from that roster or picks they have, I got no idea.
                      Like oil and water, Morey and Bargnani just don't go together.

Comment

I'd be all over giving Motiejunas a shot.
                        Really? He didn't make the last two national teams. His draft stock drop considerably his draft year and now he gets send to the D-league on a team that's searching for production at his position.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

http://youtu.be/-qiz552OalE
                          Found this interesting interview randomguy would you be able to enlighten us.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I wrote you before:
                            "He refused to play with his national team in order to play at summer league with Rockets, well they turned their backs to him for such dedication. "
                            Concerning summer of 2011, he was cut because coach relied on veterans, experienced players and this position is almost always stacked in our NT, most important basketball event was organized in Lithuania, hoops crazy country, so it was a big deal, coach made that decision, in addition he made huge improvement after being cut during that summer.

Comment

Really? He didn't make the last two national teams. His draft stock drop considerably his draft year and now he gets send to the D-league on a team that's searching for production at his position.
                              Yes.

The 2 years ago NT I am not sure. But I do know from watching JV this last summer, Lithuanian National Senior team is not easy on the young players. This past year was his choice. He probably would not have played but he wanted to further his NBA career. Personally, I love that. I understand the commitment to your country's program but I am a selfish Raptor fan. I'd love to see guys commit over the summer like that.

GUys draft stock drop all the time. Kawhi Leonard also dropped in 2011. GM's make mistakes with the best of them. I believe there was a similar issue with DM as JV with he would not come over right away.

He tore up Summer League. He showed promise in preseason. He has tore up D-League. Basically he has shown the adjustment to the NBA game is not a concern. Now adjusting to the talent may be.

His problem in Houston is they need a backup C and he is a PF despite being 7ft. Sounds like a familiar refrain for Toronto but he appears to have a bit of an edge and actually rebounds so that is unfamiliar territory for Toronto.

If the Raps are looking for a stretch 4, I'd love him.

Comment

I agree with one point. That his dominating the D League. He really shouldn't be there.
                                In 5 games 36 mins a night.

22.6 Pts 10.4 Rebs 3.2 Ast 3.2 TO 0.6 Stl 0.6 Blk .64 FT 52.2 FG 16.7 3FG
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X