The Forgotten Raptor: Tomislav Zubcic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    He kinda reminds me of Zan Tabak, that may be a good thing or not.
    I remember a game the Raps won against the Bulls that caused Michael Jordan, in the post game interviews to say something like "Before tonight I never even heard of this guy. Now we're double teaming him?"

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      not expecting him to ever play in the league and wish we used that pick on machado, who might be able to play in the league. would have saved a little bit of money on a third stringer if he had of made the team and could have learnt from jose before he leaves.

i think we drafted him because no one would buy the pick and we had to use it.
      With the way the game is now. There is always room for a fluid 7-footer that can stretch the floor in the NBA
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        I see a little Channig Frye or Ryan Anderson in him. I think with some added strength and a couple more years to gain consistency, he can be an NBA player. While I don't think he will ever be a starter, if he embraces a role he can have a Matt Bonner effect.
        I like those comps. I feel like his best case scenario is Keith Van Horn and worse case is Austin Croshere.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I like those comps. I feel like his best case scenario is Keith Van Horn and worse case is Austin Croshere.
          Van Horn averaged almost 22 and 9 in his best year. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Not to mention worst case would be he never makes it to the league.

Comment

KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
            Van Horn averaged almost 22 and 9 in his best year. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Not to mention worst case would be he never makes it to the league.
            Van Horn played 42 games that year. He was never able to get back to that form again in his career.

Zubcic has a huge upside. He has the tools to become a great player at high level. An offensive weapon with room to improve at the defensive end, he needs consistency, maturity and toughness. Based on his skills and potential he could have been a first round draft pick but the mentality/competitiveness issues and his underachievement/underperformance hurt his chances. However, there’s always a chance a GM would remember what he showed during the Nike Hoop Summit 2009 and the u19 World Championship and use a late second round pick on him and hope he develops as he could.
            http://www.nba.com/draft/2012/prospe...mislav-zubcic/
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              not expecting him to ever play in the league and wish we used that pick on machado, who might be able to play in the league. would have saved a little bit of money on a third stringer if he had of made the team and could have learnt from jose before he leaves.

i think we drafted him because no one would buy the pick and we had to use it.
              The problem with that theory is that there will be a hundred Machado's that you can choose from on a yearly basis from the NCAA, D League or Europe etc. but a 7 footer who can shoot and handle the ball like a 3 is far more desirable a risk. He may never amout to anything in the NBA, but just look at Sundiata Gaines, Mike James, John Lucas III, there are a lot of them out there.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
                The problem with that theory is that there will be a hundred Machado's that you can choose from on a yearly basis from the NCAA, D League or Europe etc. but a 7 footer who can shoot and handle the ball like a 3 is far more desirable a risk. He may never amout to anything in the NBA, but just look at Sundiata Gaines, Mike James, John Lucas III, there are a lot of them out there.
                For what its worth, I agree with you. Many detractors will likely point to Isaiah Thomas at 60 last year. Personally, I think it further supports the theory even the first round can be a crap shoot and the 2nd round - especially late - is a lottery ticket.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  For what its worth, I agree with you. Many detractors will likely point to Isaiah Thomas at 60 last year. Personally, I think it further supports the theory even the first round can be a crap shoot and the 2nd round - especially late - is a lottery ticket.

Exactly.

I hated when people were saying "oh it's a deep draft" before the draft and then using a mock draft to support their arguments that Ross was a reach after it.
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    agreed. I like Machado's game and thought that the Raps could have taken a chance on him. But if I had a choice between taking a flyer on an undersized third string point guard or a 7 footer with shooting range and decent handles and athleticism, I am going for the 7 footer every time.

Comment

Tomislav Zubcic vs Jonas Valanciunas

Yeah, it's pretty long. Tomislav comes in at the 29:30 mark and Jonas starts. They both on the at the 30:11 mark for the first time. In Tomislav first stink on the court you get to see him push the ball up the court on the break. His handle is superb for a 7footer. He would definitely give DeMar a run for his money. It was pretty impressive! In 8 minutes he had a stat line of 7 pts 2rebs 2 ast all in the 2nd Q(Didn't play first Q)

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Teach him to pump fake a bunch of times and you'll have the second coming of Bargnani

EDIT: Also, is this a Euro-thing?

Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Tue Aug 28, 2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Every team need to get that bonus pick, the second round guy that comes in and can be a very good player. Guys like Michael Redd, Manu, Mehmet Okur, Carlos Boozer, P.J. Brown...guys that will make your team better, maybe we finally found our guy...2-3 years down the road he could be coming over and providing quality depth...or maybe we will never see him.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Lang Greene from Hoopsworld.com thoughts

Christian
                            What do you know about the raptors’#56 pick Tomislav Zubcic?

Lang Greene
                            Christian … good range on the jumper … questions about his lateral quickness …body needs to develop before he’ll be able to bang in the post at the NBA level.
                            Christian
                            Tomislav Zubcic is definitely a 4 than a 3?

Lang Greene
                            He’s probsbly more of a 3, but the bigger threes will take him into the post and force him to go body-to-body … and he’s not ready for that physicality just yet.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Interview from yo boi Zubcic!

http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/8/30/3...-nba-next-year

Comment

That's awesome, I really hope he does make the jump next season

Comment

Working...
                                X