No announcement yet.

The Forgotten Raptor: Tomislav Zubcic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I love the fact that he strives to play like Durant!

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
      Thanks for that. Very good.

Comment

Yannis Kroutroupis (NBA and NCAA analyst) thoughts

Christian
        What can you tell us Raptors about are #56 pick Tomislav Zubcic?

Yannis Koutroupis
        Can handle the basketball, has good size. Don’t think he can defend small forwards in the NBA. Has a decent stroke.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Stephen Brotherston's Thoughts

Christian
          Do you think Tomislav Zubcic will ever play for the raptors?

Stephen Brotherston
          Welcome to this afternoon’s chat.
          Time to talk basketball when there is absolutely nothing going on (yet) – but its still the best way to spend an afternoon!

Zubic is 22-years-old – he slide back last season – especially in the Eurocup play and that’s after decent Euroleague play (higher) the season before.

He’s 6′ 11″, he can rebound, he’s supposed to have a good jumpshot – not last year – so he’s got a lot to make up for to get back on an NBA track. Typical late 2nd round intriguing prospect that the Raptors have historically been terrible at picking out the winners from.

As of right now – odds aren’t good he’ll ever play in the NBA – But maybe he turns things around this season? It’s easy to see why the Raps used a pick on him even though he’s no where near ready to play in the NBA – 6′ 11″ with some skills – if you throw enough mud at the wall, some of it sticks.
          ivan
          I m from croatia and i hear yesterday that tomislav zubcic wants in nba next year.I watched a lot of his games here and i don’t think that he is nba material.He is soft,does’t play defense,lousy rebounder for tall 3 or 4,hasn’t developed much in last 2 years.What do you think about him?

Stephen Brotherston
          He definitely wasn’t NBA material last season. It’s the classic – young big guys take longer to develop – but I agree he has not shown the steady progress which would lead someone to believe that he is going to make it.

Based on last season, I agree with you. Soft, not deserving of more court time. Maybe he figures out how to use his size & skills, but at 22-years-old – kind of hope we’d already seen some of that.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
            The problem with that theory is that there will be a hundred Machado's that you can choose from on a yearly basis from the NCAA, D League or Europe etc. but a 7 footer who can shoot and handle the ball like a 3 is far more desirable a risk. He may never amout to anything in the NBA, but just look at Sundiata Gaines, Mike James, John Lucas III, there are a lot of them out there.
            Will he ever be as good as Alexis Ajinca? And where did Alexis played last year?

Color me skeptic.

Comment

SIG Strasbourg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_Ajin%C3%A7a

Comment

Tomislav Zubcic 17 pts 2 Rebs 3 Ast 6-12 FG 1-3 3FG 2-2 FT in 22 mins in his first regular season game. In a lost.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Tomislav Zubcic 17 pts 2 Rebs 3 Ast 6-12 FG 1-3 3FG 2-2 FT in 22 mins in his first regular season game. In a lost.
                  What is significant is that he was one of the starters (at the 4 presumably). His minutes were down last year. Fifteen minutes a game compared to 24 mpg the year before. It's a good sign.

Comment

Tomislav Zubcic not so impressive today 2pts 3rebs 3fouls 1-3 FG 0-1 3FG in 12mins
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Tomislav Zubcic bounce back from a poor showing last game with 13pts 5rebs(4 OFF) 1ast 3to 2-6 FG 0-1 3FG 9-10 FT in 23 mins and came away with the teams first W
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

just checking in on this thread for the first time. We have daily Tomislav Zubcic updates?! Never underestimate our hope for these Raptors. Bring on Madrid!

Comment

Amnesty Bargnani and sign this guy this summer.

Having a decent season

Eurocup League
                          4 Gs 23 mins 9.8 Pts 55.0 %FG 22.0 %3FG 86.4 %FT 3.8 Rbs 2.3 Ast 1.0 st

Adriatic League
                          8 Gs 19.4 mins 10.5 Pts 48.9 %FG 33.3 %3FG 83.3 %FT 4.0 Rbs 1.4 Ast 0.5 stl
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

He doesn't rebound :O thats not good.

Comment

Is this guy still ours, I thought we moved his rights for some reason....
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                He doesn't rebound :O thats not good.
                                4 rebounds in 20 mins that fairly decent. That's what Barny gives us in 35 mins. I don't except to be a starter I still rather ED. I think he could be a good role playing stretch 4 off the bench to help with Casey's spacing
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X