Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TRADE Raptors-Utah

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Cleveland is the other team I watch and I would be shocked if they traded for Jose Calderon. If it happens, I would expect it would be for something like expiring contracts and a 2nd round pick.

Kyrie Irving can play 38+mpg a game when healthy. Playing Calderon at the 2 with Irving would not work as Irving is currently a (much) worse defender than Calderon. We tried that experiment with Sessiions last year and it was very painful to watch on the defensive end.
    I am glad my eyes did not deceived me.

Kyrie Irving was rated the worst defensive player in the league with at least 300 plays defended according to Synergy. Having said that, KI remains a very productive player because he is much better on the offensive court than he sucks in the defensive end. A great talent and I would not be surprised if he wins a scoring title in 2 or 3 years.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    With Fields, Lowry (Good rebounding guard), and more mobility on the glass from Jonas Valanciunas, this team won't have the worries about Bargnani being a liability on the glass.
    Great point. Plus with less pressure to lead a team in rebounding & help D, he could have a monster season on O.
    Andrea for Milsap makes zero sense for us (while Utah would probably jump at that in a sec).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    I am glad my eyes did not deceived me.

Kyrie Irving was rated the worst defensive player in the league with at least 300 plays defended according to Synergy. Having said that, KI remains a very productive player because he is much better on the offensive court than he sucks in the defensive end. A great talent and I would not be surprised if he wins a scoring title in 2 or 3 years.
    IMO, if your PG wins a scoring tile your team is going to be in lottery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information