Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Interesting article on DeRozan

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I would agree with you except the the number of times in the past 2 seasons where Derozan went up fully expecting the call to bail him out. The only time he finishes at the rim is when there is no one else around him. Put any form of defence near the hoop and he goes up for the foul, not for the finish.
    +1

play for the basket not the foul. refs aren't dumb. one or two seasons of balls out at anyone in the way and the refs will change their tunes and assume he is going for it everytime.

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with you except the the number of times in the past 2 seasons where Derozan went up fully expecting the call to bail him out. The only time he finishes at the rim is when there is no one else around him. Put any form of defence near the hoop and he goes up for the foul, not for the finish.
    +1

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My comparison was for dunking ability only. DeRozan has proven he has the hops to have given VC a run for his money in the dunk contest. My original point was (and remains) that DeRozan has the skill set and athleticism to be a force at the rim by dunking on people, and needs to stop trying to force the foul call that causes him to miss all these attempts at the rim. If he simply went up strong and dunk every time, regardless of the defence, then he'd get more free throw attempts and shoot a higher % at the rim.
    DD isn't anywhere close to VC in terms of dunking ability. VC crowned guys, crushed 'em, killed 'em, ruined careers, humiliated veterans known for their D at the rim. VC did it with power, finesse and attitude. All D guys got the hell outta his way when he went up and entire team defences were designed to stop his penetration.

DD has hops. That's it. he has trouble palming the ball and is not an mass murder headed to the hoop. He just isn't on Carters level at all. Not even close. He goes up strong, just he isn't strong enough to finish through contact and doesn't have the ball control (or swag) necessary to adjust in mid flight.
    Last edited by minks77; Mon Sep 17th, 2012 at 07:52 AM.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    DD isn't anywhere close to VC in terms of dunking ability. VC crowned guys, crushed 'em, killed 'em, ruined careers, humiliated veterans known for their D at the rim. VC did it with power, finesse and attitude. All D guys got the hell outta his way when he went up and entire team defences were designed to stop his penetration.

DD has hops. That's it. he has trouble palming the ball and is not an mass murder headed to the hoop. He just isn't on Carters level at all. Not even close. He goes up strong, just he isn't strong enough to finish through contact and doesn't have the ball control (or swag) necessary to adjust in mid flight.
    Totally agree. DD is nowhere near the same vicinity as as Carter in terms of dunking ability. Not even close. Carter could arguably be considered the greatest dunker in NBA history (beating out Dr. J., Jordan, and Dominique).

DeRozan's in the same league as Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Shannon Brown, and Fred Jones.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

fantastic article, very well done. going to echo the sentiments that it's a make or break year for demar (along with a couple other players) and with Ross there he REALLY needs to step up. casey was never scared to pull him and i think he'll yank him even faster this year.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

re: vince vs. DD

when vince was on, we could beat anyone at their own gym. anyone.

when DD is on he might score 25.
    @jerboat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information