Hedo Post Game Interview - "I Have Nothing Else To Say"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
    He acknowledged that he had a good game. He said the team won the game because they executed and correctly read the situation at hand. There was nothing left to be said.

Right on, Hedo!
    Now that I think of it more, he did complain during his slump that the reason he hasn't been playing well is that he hasn't had the ball in his hands as much as he's used too.

Saying "BALL!" as his only answer for playing better. is sort of taking a shot at Jay Triano, the Media and the Fans for doubting his claims.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Now that I think of it more, he did complain during his slump that the reason he hasn't been playing well is that he hasn't had the ball in his hands as much as he's used too.

Saying "BALL!" as his only answer for playing better. is sort of taking a shot at Jay Triano, the Media and the Fans for doubting his claims.
      yeah, but i take verbal shots at others all the time. no biggie.

Comment

I think the key is that he was more involved with the game from the opening tip. Seems like early in the year, they'd forget about Hedo until the fourth quarter, then be all like "ok Mr. 4th quarter, we got you to this point, now go and win the game for us."

Seems like his teammates made more of an effort to get him involved, and he made more of an effort to be involved. Seeing him aggressive was so cool. I think he got a month's worth of dunks in last night. Must have been the New York style pizza.

Comment

I'm sure that Hedo was just happy to get a solid game in and he was taking a shot at everyone for riding him so much with his poor play this season. But c'mon, just saying "Ball" makes him sound like he didn't understand Jack's question. If you want to take a shot at Jay, the media, the fans, then speak in a complete sentence. He could have said that he plays better and is more comfortable with the ball in his hands so that he can make plays, or that getting more touches leads to having better games like this, but just saying "ball" really makes him sound ESL (English as a Second Language). Especially how he just stood there staring at Jack until Jack translated his answer into something that the fans would understand. This interview just makes me dislike Hedo even more, especially since it was in the same week as his photo deleting incident. He's somewhat of a PR disaster.

Comment

Doug Smith sums up the whole Hedo "Ball" situation nicely.

Ball?

He said “ball?”

Seriously, this whole Hedo post-game interview kerfuffle, where he answered a taken-aback Jack Armstrong with one almost-indecipherable word after the Knicks game has taken on some zany life of its own.

Chill.

I saw it, I was kind of mystified at the abruptness of it, just as I was kind of happy that he expanded on it seconds later after a follow-up question.

It really should haven’t caught too many by surprise, he’s been suggesting he’d better with the ball more often all season. That part of it wasn’t new.

And as I’ve mentioned more than a few times, I think he’s involved in the vast majority of plays when he’s on the court, with the ball in his hands on virtually every crucial possession, and it’s a matter of him doing more with it when he’s got it.

Anyway, that’s not the point because it’s an old one.

The point is, we – the collective we – are always miffed when we get the same old boilerplate stuff in answers to questions that are often mundane in the aftermath of games.

Finally, a guy does something out of the ordinary and in many circles he’s more ripped for it than he was praised for the game he played.

I have no idea why he answered the way he did, maybe he misheard Jack, maybe he was ticked off about criticism, maybe he just thought he was answering a questions, but it was better than some stock cliché, wasn’t it?

In this age of mirco-analysis and this interweb fad and having to feed the conversational beast 24/7/365, we tend to get caught up in the most mundane of issues and blow them entirely out of proportion.

Like this one.
            http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Comment

Working...
            X