Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Regulars vs The New Guys: Which team would win in a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surprised new guys got so many votes. A lot of faith in second round picks and inexperienced rookies.

Comment

I feel like a lot of you really overestimate the rookies OR underestimate the regulars.

Regulars clearly blow the rookies out by 15-20 points.

Comment

I think the real kicker if we are going defensive match-ups by position, is the Bargnani vs. Acy. Bargnani is the best player on this team, (over time potentially could be Lowry), and putting on an inside banger, shorter player, against a skilled, long-ranged, bigger player who can over-take him at any point offensively.

Lowry > Calderon
        Ross < Derozan
        Fields <=> Kleiza (Healthy Kleiza vs. Rookie % Fields)
        Acy < Bargnani
        Valanciunas > Amir

Old lineup wins against the new lineup. Too much inexperience in Ross, Acy, and Valanciunas. Not to mention the chemistry between the old team.

It's like a coming to an open gym, just making a random team of 5 guys you've seen around the gym. Going up against 5 guys who usually play together in open-gym, or are teammates on a club team, etc etc.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
          surprised new guys got so many votes. A lot of faith in second round picks and inexperienced rookies.
          If they were all rookies .. Id agree .. but Lowry is arguably the best player on the floor and he and Fields have just as much experience as most of the guys on the "vets" team ..

I still think vets win .. but its resonably close

Comment

Vets win easily. Between Bargnani's outside-in game and DeRozan driving, Valanciunas would foul out before halftime. We crap on Bargnani here on RR, but he always owns rookies and players who've never defended him before. Also, chemistry & veteran savvy would go a long way, especially against a team with 3 rookies.

Comment

I think the vets would win but it would be an exciting game to watch. Watching DD and T Ross go at it would be reason enough to watch, same goes for Kleiza vs Fields. Lowry would abuse Jose but Jose would run efficent pick n rolls with Dre and Amir all night while finding Kleiza for open 3's and DD for spot up jumpers and back door cuts. Jose would easily have double the assists of Lowry as the new guys would have a tough time scoring the ball. Vets by a dozen at least. Would love to see Casey use these line ups in an inter squad game.

Comment

It's great that you bring up the match up's during raptors' practives this season. I think Acy vs Amir could be epic in practice. I could see these two guys breaking out into a fight on a few occassions.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  It's great that you bring up the match up's during raptors' practives this season. I think Acy vs Amir could be epic in practice. I could see these two guys breaking out into a fight on a few occassions.
                  Maybe I just don't remember Amir showing that fire, but I don't see him getting into a fist fight with anyone, dude does not seem that hard.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

If we're talking a 5 on 5, Survivor Series style match, then I think the new guys win. I think guys like Lowry and Acy will play dirty and bring in a chair (or the bell) to knock out one of the old guys while the ref was staring at Field's hot girlfriend to distract him.

However if we are talking about a basketball game, then the old guys win, purely based on chemistry.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      If we're talking a 5 on 5, Survivor Series style match, then I think the new guys win. I think guys like Lowry and Acy will play dirty and bring in a chair (or the bell) to knock out one of the vets while the ref was staring at Field's hot girlfriend to distract him.

However if we are talking about a basketball game, then the vets win, purely based on chemistry.
                      Priceless.

Comment

I am optimistic about Ross & JV, but no chance the newbies give the old guys a real challenge right now. Maybe after 60 games, when the pups have gotten their feet wet. Bargnani would have 30 at half on Acy.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          If we're talking a 5 on 5, Survivor Series style match, then I think the new guys win. I think guys like Lowry and Acy will play dirty and bring in a chair (or the bell) to knock out one of the old guys while the ref was staring at Field's hot girlfriend to distract him.

And Kleiza would tear heads off and lick the blood off his fingers right?
                          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Im probably nitpicking here .. but I think the responses should be ex-chemistry. Yes, likely if we played a game right now of the raps who had played together vs a group of five of equal (or even slightly better) talent .. the chemistry would help the raps pull this out.

I think (dont mean to presume) the question was more to speak of - which is the better line up of 5.

I still think its the vets (by a little) because they are a better collective group of players. But .. not by much

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                              And Kleiza would tear heads off and lick the blood off his fingers right?
                              Kleiza would be the undertaker. Seriously. He'd be burning people alive.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                                Maybe I just don't remember Amir showing that fire, but I don't see him getting into a fist fight with anyone, dude does not seem that hard.
                                That's a good point. Perhaps I'm getting carried away, but I think those two going head to head in practice could be intense.

Comment

Working...
                                X