View Poll Results: Which team would win?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old

27 71.05%
  • New

11 28.95%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Regulars vs The New Guys: Which team would win in a game?

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the vets would win but it would be an exciting game to watch. Watching DD and T Ross go at it would be reason enough to watch, same goes for Kleiza vs Fields. Lowry would abuse Jose but Jose would run efficent pick n rolls with Dre and Amir all night while finding Kleiza for open 3's and DD for spot up jumpers and back door cuts. Jose would easily have double the assists of Lowry as the new guys would have a tough time scoring the ball. Vets by a dozen at least. Would love to see Casey use these line ups in an inter squad game.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's great that you bring up the match up's during raptors' practives this season. I think Acy vs Amir could be epic in practice. I could see these two guys breaking out into a fight on a few occassions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    It's great that you bring up the match up's during raptors' practives this season. I think Acy vs Amir could be epic in practice. I could see these two guys breaking out into a fight on a few occassions.
    Maybe I just don't remember Amir showing that fire, but I don't see him getting into a fist fight with anyone, dude does not seem that hard.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're talking a 5 on 5, Survivor Series style match, then I think the new guys win. I think guys like Lowry and Acy will play dirty and bring in a chair (or the bell) to knock out one of the old guys while the ref was staring at Field's hot girlfriend to distract him.

However if we are talking about a basketball game, then the old guys win, purely based on chemistry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    If we're talking a 5 on 5, Survivor Series style match, then I think the new guys win. I think guys like Lowry and Acy will play dirty and bring in a chair (or the bell) to knock out one of the vets while the ref was staring at Field's hot girlfriend to distract him.

However if we are talking about a basketball game, then the vets win, purely based on chemistry.
    Priceless.

Raptors Republic Rookie dunphyj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am optimistic about Ross & JV, but no chance the newbies give the old guys a real challenge right now. Maybe after 60 games, when the pups have gotten their feet wet. Bargnani would have 30 at half on Acy.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    If we're talking a 5 on 5, Survivor Series style match, then I think the new guys win. I think guys like Lowry and Acy will play dirty and bring in a chair (or the bell) to knock out one of the old guys while the ref was staring at Field's hot girlfriend to distract him.

And Kleiza would tear heads off and lick the blood off his fingers right?
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im probably nitpicking here .. but I think the responses should be ex-chemistry. Yes, likely if we played a game right now of the raps who had played together vs a group of five of equal (or even slightly better) talent .. the chemistry would help the raps pull this out.

I think (dont mean to presume) the question was more to speak of - which is the better line up of 5.

I still think its the vets (by a little) because they are a better collective group of players. But .. not by much

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    And Kleiza would tear heads off and lick the blood off his fingers right?
    Kleiza would be the undertaker. Seriously. He'd be burning people alive.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Maybe I just don't remember Amir showing that fire, but I don't see him getting into a fist fight with anyone, dude does not seem that hard.
    That's a good point. Perhaps I'm getting carried away, but I think those two going head to head in practice could be intense.

mcsemcp73

Rookies hands down

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The regulars have been remarkably good at finding ways to lose ball games, so my vote is with them losing again.

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The old ones, Lowry isn't better than Jose, both of them have their pluses and minuses. And Bargnani's advantage over Acy or Valanciunas would determinate the result of the match.
    (Sorry for poor English )

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The new guys would win, but it'd be ugly as hell. Most of their scoring would be on offensive rebounds, because Bargs and DD are truly abysmal rebounders, and Kleiza and Calderon are between bad and mediocre. Every single player on the new guys team is an above average rebounder, and Valanciunas and Fields are elite on the glass.

Bargnani puts up 23 points on 9-20 shooting, 1-4 from deep, and 4-5 from the line, to go with 2 rebounds. DD puts up 19 points on 8-17 shooting, including 0-2 from deep and 3-5 from the line. Amir has a big game rebounding the ball, but doesn't score much against the length of Big V. Kleiza floats around the perimeter and finishes with 6 points on 2-5 3pt shooting while contributing absolutely nothing else. Jose tries to create, and finishes with a nice line of 18pts, 13 dimes, but totally fucks the dog on defense.

The new guys shoot 36% for the game, but finish with 26 offensive rebounds, and an overall rebounding margin of 58-29. New guys by 14.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information