Thread: Raptors' new TV director

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors' new TV director

I wonder who it is?
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Post Thanks / Like

Thank god. Some of the camera work the past couple seasons has been horrendous! I wonder if the new director has any influence over the on-air personnel - not that I want this to become another Raptors broadcaster popularity contest thread - I'm just curious (and perhaps hopeful... hehee).

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Thank god. Some of the camera work the past couple seasons has been horrendous!
    +1....those baseline views were pretty bad. And I don't know if I'd seen any other team have as many poorly placed replays. I don't know how many times I've screamed at the games for showing replays during game action. I don't need to see a replay of a fast break while the other team is coming back from it, save it for during stoppage.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Thank god. Some of the camera work the past couple seasons has been horrendous! I wonder if the new director has any influence over the on-air personnel - not that I want this to become another Raptors broadcaster popularity contest thread - I'm just curious (and perhaps hopeful... hehee).
    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    +1....those baseline views were pretty bad. And I don't know if I'd seen any other team have as many poorly placed replays. I don't know how many times I've screamed at the games for showing replays during game action. I don't need to see a replay of a fast break while the other team is coming back from it, save it for during stoppage.
    +2

This can only be good news.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Ya, watching replays for the umpteenth time, from yet another bad angle, while the game is actually going on is super frustrating and makes us seem like such an amateur organization.

And even if the broadcasters (Matt, Jack & Leo) are kept, for the love of all that is holy, please stop giving them visual airtime on camera to talk about Matt's hair, Jack's blackberry, their matching tshirts, pathetic singing or really anything involving Leo! That would make me a much happier fan! I don't care how bad the Raptors are, please just stick to calling the game!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My hopes:

1) he can tell Leo to shut the f*ck up about just about everything,
    2) he can tell Matt to bring his TNT game,
    3) he can tell Matt and Jack they can sing but only once per month,
    4) he can tell Jack he needs to do 3 "Heeeeeeeeeellooooooooooo's" per game (I love that).

Post Thanks / Like

Just fire everyone, especially Matt, double fire him.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We should bring in Oakley to do commentary. He'd be our own version of Barkley, only more surly and bitter. The awkward silence's that would ensue would be worth it more than anything else.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope this and Rogers/Bell involvement with MLSE makes the games a lot more watchable.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring back the Swirsk!

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    We should bring in Oakley to do commentary. He'd be our own version of Barkley, only more surly and bitter. The awkward silence's that would ensue would be worth it more than anything else.
    You clearly havent heard Oak interviewed very often. Hes one mean, cool dude .. no doubt about it .. he has about the most respect of any NBA player (past or present) out there. But hes got a pretty mean stutter and keeps his thoughts short and sweet ..

I love pretty much anything that involves Oak and the Raps (assisant coach?) .. but not commentator ..

Thread Information