DeMar DeRozan..6th man of the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Likely, or not likely. I doubt he starts straight out of the gate. The reason is the inexperience factor, and just trying to transition into the NBA game. It's not easy, no matter how good you are fundamentally. Unless you have Lebron James, or Duncan, or Anthony Davis entering their rookie seasons, starting a rookie right out of the gate isn't the best.

We did do that with Derozan though in his rookie season, but we had experience with Chris Bosh and Hedo Turkoglu. This team now doesn't have great experience. There isn't much mentoring either. Our veteran is Landry Fields if you think of it.

I'm expecting to see the starting lineup of:

PG: Lowry
    SG: Derozan
    SF: Fields
    PF: Bargnani
    C: A. Johnson/Gray
    I expect the same lineup to start except Val. at center. Aaron Gray will likely start against stronger centers rather than come off the bench to log heavy minutes. As long as Amir is on the roster I think he will play a role but with Davis improving and deserving equal time, it will not be at pf. It will be centre on the second unit.

I also think there is no way you see Landry not starting after the contract. I expect him to completely turn around this seasona as well and earn it.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Fields is 24 years old and has only played two seasons in the league.. would never consider him a veteran in any shape or form. Our veterans are Jose and Andrea.

The NBA game is different, but JV has had experience playing with and against vets in Europe. There is a lot of buzz about him too. I could see Casey throwing him in right away to see what he can do.. he may play only a few minutes but he could start right off the bat.
      I meant my definition of veteran, was experience. He is the most experienced on this team. Playing with two superstar players, been in the highest story in the league (linsanity), made the playoffs two years on the row.

If you look at our consensus lineup of Lowry, Derozan, Fields, Bargnani, Valanciunas... Lowry and Fields are by far the most experienced.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Sheptor wrote: View Post
        I also think there is no way you see Landry not starting after the contract. I expect him to completely turn around this seasona as well and earn it.
        Landry Fields is starting....

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          Landry Fields is starting....
          I know just stating. No way I see a derozan Ross combo out to start the season.

Comment

Sheptor wrote: View Post
            I know just stating. No way I see a derozan Ross combo out to start the season.
            I agree, but I will expect to see them play together quite a bit. I see Fields playing minutes like Sefolosha. Max of 20-22 minutes, used for defending, rebounding, shooting.

Comment

Finally someone with basketball IQ

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                2 rookies in the starting line up? Might be a recipe for disaster.
                The past 2 seasons have been disasters, so I don't understand your point. It can't get any worse. Derozan will be gone as soon as Colangelo can arrange it, so it would be good to get him out of the rotation first.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                  Derozan will be gone as soon as Colangelo can arrange it, so it would be good to get him out of the rotation first.
                  don't agree with this at all. only way derozan is gone is if ross comes in and is clearly the better player and demar goes childish with a role off the bench or at the 3. other than that he is definately here for the entire year and then only gone if his agent thinks he is worth upwards of 8 million a year and can find it somewhere else as a restricted free agent.

no way bc is actively shopping demar right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X