X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadline Trade

TORONTO trade Jose Calderon, Landry Fields, Ed Davis, 2013 2nd rounder
    HOUSTON trade Kevin Martin, Toney Douglas

Why Raptors: We get a sharpshooter who could compliment on T-Ross while shifting DeRozan to the 3 spot, we also get a backup PG in Douglas (a great backup) behind Kyle Lowry.

this is a much less ambitious trade then usual and i think a little more realistic. hypothetically if we were in a play off run and demar had had some success(can you use two hads there?) i can see a trade where jose could be shipped out for a shooter like martin.

houston won't really be playing for anything this year, most likely, so it saves them 2 million off the top. only things i would change is taking fields out of the trade and maybe switching who gets the pick. both of those guys are in last years of deals and we might get stuck with no back up point guard after that where the second rounder could off set that a little.

Comment

Kevin Martin will be 30 years old at the trade deadline. Considering he was injured for part of last season and that his production was quite below his career averages, I think it's premature to talk about Kevin Martin as someone we would want to acquire at the trade deadline.

Comment

We were fleeced. Toney Douglas is nothing but a 3rd stringer, who looked good in D'antoni's system before the coaching change. Kevin Martin is a shooting guard without the versatility of Derozan, or Fields, and defensively not able like Fields. Not to mention he'll be hitting the 30's with injury problems the past season.

If Houston was offered this, they would run and hide. They acquire Jose's expiring contract, a solid potential big man, and a solid potential wing player, both defensive minded.

This is a really, really bad trade.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
        X