Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando - Toronto trade possibility

Hello from Greece guys!
    According to a NBA Greece website, Orlando players JJ Redick, Quentin Richardson, Al Harrington, Josh McRoberts, Hedo Turkoglu, Glen Davis and Jameer Nelson are available for trade.
    What about JJ Redick and Al Harrington for Linas Kleiza and Jose Calderon?
    I see an interesting trade...
    We strengthen our inside and outside (3pt) game with these two players, and we give Jose the chance to get traded (sth he wants). About Linas, we have Fields and Anderson, and we have Ross and DeMar who can play at the "3" position.
    Your opinions?

kcharito wrote: View Post
    Hello from Greece guys!
    According to a NBA Greece website, Orlando players JJ Redick, Quentin Richardson, Al Harrington, Josh McRoberts, Hedo Turkoglu, Glen Davis and Jameer Nelson are available for trade.
    What about JJ Redick and Al Harrington for Linas Kleiza and Jose Calderon?
    I see an interesting trade...
    We strengthen our inside and outside (3pt) game with these two players, and we give Jose the chance to get traded (sth he wants). About Linas, we have Fields and Anderson, and we have Ross and DeMar who can play at the "3" position.
    Your opinions?
    think orlando just signed nelson to a multi year deal. can't stand harrington. tried it in the trade machine and harrington can't be traded yet. and at 6 million a year for 3 years for another pf, not worth it also i can't stand him. i think that bc is doing the right thing with jose. there are probably bad deals out there he could make if his job was pleasing jose calderon. but if the right offer doesn't come that 10 million is the best thing for us.

love reddick, been a fan since duke.

Comment

I'd love to see JJ in Raptorland, i believe that we need a player like him. Unless Fields show his rookie form (and better).
      I was thinking Harrington as a possible C not PF. But i didnt take into consideration the years of his salary and his trade condition on the trade machine...
      Amir - Harrington (or even Amir - JJ but this doesn't make sense) trade is feasible in the trade machine, not feasible IMO in reality though.
      I don't believe much that Amir has sth special to "offer" to the team, considering his salary too.
      Harrington is 32 already though, and more PF rather than C so...

I believe that from our team, Amir, Davis, Kleiza, Jose (cause he wants, i dont want him to leave) and probably DeMar are our "trade assets".
      I believe that we have to make one more adjustment, mostly in the perimeter and less in the C spot, and then we could be much much better. Playoff team 100%.

Comment

As nice as Reddick would be with this team, it wouldn't be worth taking a guy like Harrington. No fit here.

Comment

I would never give Kleiza for Harrington and I would never give Jose for JJ, as much as those 2 players are good. Also, we don't really need any other SG.

Comment

I like Reddick a lot, but the acquisition of both Ross and Fields in the off season make trading for Reddick moot now. I don't see how Reddick gets the minutes and/or Ross if Reddick comes in as the 6th man.

I like depth, but it can hurt if there are not a lot of minutes to be spread around to guys who deserve it.

How about this 3-way deal with Memphis:
            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8n4n2k9

Toronto gets: Rudy Gay, JR Reddick
            Orlando gets: Jose Calderon
            Memphis gets: A Johnson, T Ross, Q Richardson, Toronto 2013 + 2014 2nd round picks

I doubt Memphis does it.. but if they do, we'll have a pretty mean line up:

JV/Gray
            Bargs/Davis
            Gay/Kleiza/Fields
            DD/Reddick
            Lowry/JL3

... with Acy/Anderson in street clothes/bench

Also Orlando just resigned Nelson for some dumb reason.. so they may not need or want Jose. Although I always considered Nelson to be a SG more than a PG.

Comment

Jose is worth a little more than that. Plus a healthy Kleiza is better than both Harrington and Redick.

Keeping Kleiza and Jose makes for a deep team. Ross, Fields, and Derozan rotating at the 2, and Bargnani, Amir, and Ed rotating at the 4. It would create a logjam at the SG, and an even bigger logjam at the 4.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                I like Reddick a lot, but the acquisition of both Ross and Fields in the off season make trading for Reddick moot now. I don't see how Reddick gets the minutes and/or Ross if Reddick comes in as the 6th man.

I like depth, but it can hurt if there are not a lot of minutes to be spread around to guys who deserve it.

How about this 3-way deal with Memphis:
                http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8n4n2k9

Toronto gets: Rudy Gay, JR Reddick
                Orlando gets: Jose Calderon
                Memphis gets: A Johnson, T Ross, Q Richardson, Toronto 2013 + 2014 2nd round picks

I doubt Memphis does it.. but if they do, we'll have a pretty mean line up:

JV/Gray
                Bargs/Davis
                Gay/Kleiza/Fields
                DD/Reddick
                Lowry/JL3

... with Acy/Anderson in street clothes/bench

Also Orlando just resigned Nelson for some dumb reason.. so they may not need or want Jose. Although I always considered Nelson to be a SG more than a PG.
                Memphis would probably want Derozan or Fields for experience reasons. Terrence Ross is unproven.

Comment

The Raptors Trade Proposal Forum is located at http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/fo...Proposal-Forum.

Comment

JJ would create another Logjam except this time at SG.

say no to al Harrington.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Reddick is a tantalizing prospect, as we haven't had a hardcore outside threat for a while (not counting Primo). HOWEVER, we are a team that is focusing on defense at the moment, and Harrington plays about as much defense as a dandelion. On top of this, with Reddick ( a sg ) coming into the system, in which we already have two (hopefully) solid shooting guards, and bringing in another could harm Ross' development (ex. Amir Johnson/Ed Davis situation)

Comment

northgrantballer wrote: View Post
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Reddick is a tantalizing prospect, as we haven't had a hardcore outside threat for a while (not counting Primo). HOWEVER, we are a team that is focusing on defense at the moment, and Harrington plays about as much defense as a dandelion. On top of this, with Reddick ( a sg ) coming into the system, in which we already have two (hopefully) solid shooting guards, and bringing in another could harm Ross' development (ex. Amir Johnson/Ed Davis situation)
                        Had Damian Lillard, or Harrison Barnes been drafted, Terrence Ross and Landry Fields would be unlikely on this team. Before hand, Redick was actually high on the radar of some posters, because he was an outside threat - something addressing the needs of the team - and would help Demar at the shooting guard position.

Although we didn't draft Barnes or Lillard, we are in a better position with Fields, Ross, and Lowry than Lillard/Barnes, Redick.

Comment

Reddick can hit an open 3 with the best of them but without a low post threat to create that open shot he will be about as useless as Kapono was. I would rather trade Jose and LK for draft picks.

Comment

another article in regards to Orlando trade bate

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...-among-others/

another article from SLAM mentioning who will be available.... hmmm lets get Hedu back! NOT!
                            Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

Just wondering, considering J Nelson was just re-signed, is he trade-able?
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X