Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: MCD, Actor, dead at 54.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default MCD, Actor, dead at 54.

    Wow, can't believe Michael Clarke-Duncan died.

    Loved him in the Green Mile and Talladega Nights.

    I saw him on Craig Ferguson during his "Scotland" trip and a few times in studio. He seemed as nice as the character he is best known for.

    Such a shame, he had a heart attack two months ago and just never recovered fully until it was his ultimate demise.

    RIP

  2. #2
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Wow, can't believe Michael Clarke-Duncan died.

    Loved him in the Green Mile and Talladega Nights.

    I saw him on Craig Ferguson during his "Scotland" trip and a few times in studio. He seemed as nice as the character he is best known for.

    Such a shame, he had a heart attack two months ago and just never recovered fully until it was his ultimate demise.

    RIP
    RIP. Was a really great actor...

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I remember MCD as Charlie Harper's next door neighbour in Two and a Half Men. He had a great presence on the screen.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Saw that... it is sad.

    I didn't realize that Omarosa (from Apprentice fame) and he were engaged.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I didn't kniw it was THAT Omarosa. Man, she wasn't bad looking,but, such a snob. Oh well, it's not about her and my condolences to her regardless.

    Interesting fact about him that I thought I'd share.

    I remember watching TMZ and they caught up with him...I think as alot of people know or would guess is that he used to be a celebrity bodyguard and he was supposed to bodyguard for Notorious BIG on the night of his death. But, was sick. So, somebody else filled in for him...and as everyone knows both bodyguards died that night as well...

    Just thought an interesting story. It's kind of like "The Final Destination" movies where you skip death. But, it eventually comes around to you again and gets ya.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Just thought an interesting story. It's kind of like "The Final Destination" movies where you skip death. But, it eventually comes around to you again and gets ya.
    seems more like pulp fiction finding of god and moment of life change. loved him in the slammin salmon, and he had a nice fight against thor. sopposedly an extremely nice man.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Interesting fact about him that I thought I'd share.

    I remember watching TMZ and they caught up with him...I think as alot of people know or would guess is that he used to be a celebrity bodyguard and he was supposed to bodyguard for Notorious BIG on the night of his death. But, was sick. So, somebody else filled in for him...and as everyone knows both bodyguards died that night as well...

    Just thought an interesting story. It's kind of like "The Final Destination" movies where you skip death. But, it eventually comes around to you again and gets ya.
    And the day he died is exactly the 20th anniversary since the Biggie shooting! *gasp!*

  8. #8
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    And the day he died is exactly the 20th anniversary since the Biggie shooting! *gasp!*
    Off the top of my head I know it wasn't 20 years since Biggie's death. I believe he passed in '97 if I'm not mistaken, which would make it 15 years. And I'm pretty sure it was sometime in March that he was shot.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Off the top of my head I know it wasn't 20 years since Biggie's death. I believe he passed in '97 if I'm not mistaken, which would make it 15 years. And I'm pretty sure it was sometime in March that he was shot.
    "the greatest rapper of all time died on march 9th"
    second round knockout

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    seems more like pulp fiction finding of god and moment of life change. loved him in the slammin salmon, and he had a nice fight against thor. sopposedly an extremely nice man.
    I guess...i loved him in comedy, he was great in Talladega Nights.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •