Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant vs Michael Jordan - Identical Plays

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kobe Bryant vs Michael Jordan - Identical Plays

Check out this cool vid I came across. Pretty uncanny stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Check out this cool vid I came across. Pretty uncanny stuff.

Weeeird!
    Very cool! Love both of those guys.

I always said Kobe is the only one that could EVER come close to being compared to MJ.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Comparing stats, it's fair to say that Jordan's stat line is a little better than Kobe's.

------------GP--- FG%----- 3P%----- FT%---- REB-----AST----BLK-----STL-----TO-----PTS
    Jordan--1072- .497------.327------.835------6.3-----5.3-----0.8-----2.3---- 2.7-----30.1 (32292 in 15 seasons)
    Bryant--1161- .453------.337------.838------5.3-----4.7-----0.5-----1.5-----3.0-----25.4 (29484 in 16 seasons)

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...michael-jordan
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...10/kobe-bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Comparing stats, it's fair to say that Jordan's stat line is a little better than Kobe's.

------------GP--- FG%----- 3P%----- FT%---- REB-----AST----BLK-----STL-----TO-----PTS
    Jordan--1072- .497------.327------.835------6.3-----5.3-----0.8-----2.3---- 2.7-----30.1 (32292 in 15 seasons)
    Bryant--1161- .453------.337------.838------5.3-----4.7-----0.5-----1.5-----3.0-----25.4 (29484 in 16 seasons)

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...michael-jordan
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...10/kobe-bryant
    Crazy that Kobe has already played more games than MJ. Never would have guessed.

Statiscally, I'm not sure anyone will every actually compare to MJ.
    But in terms of Game, Play Style, Talent, Athleticism, Defense, Legacy etc. Kobe is definitely in the picture.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Crazy that Kobe has already played more games than MJ. Never would have guessed.

Statiscally, I'm not sure anyone will every actually compare to MJ.
    But in terms of Game, Play Style, Talent, Athleticism, Defense, Legacy etc. Kobe is definitely in the picture.
    Lebron James' stat line is very impressive and has been improving recently especially with shot selection, post moves, and that 53 FG% he posted last season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...6/lebron-james

Post Thanks / Like

Lebron James' stat line is very impressive and has been improving recently especially with shot selection, post moves, and that 53 FG% he posted last season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...6/lebron-james
    Yes, but Lebron shouldn't be compared to MJ ever. Physically, Lebron has no Equal. Dude is a FREAK.

I wouldn't even know who you would compare Lebron too.
    Only one that comes to mind would be Pippen, and Pip could have put up the same numbers LBJ has been easy, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 4th, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but Lebron shouldn't be compared to MJ ever. Physically, Lebron has no Equal. Dude is a FREAK.

Only one that comes to mind would be Pippen, and Pip could have put up the same numbers LBJ has been easy, in my opinion.

But MJ and Lebron play nothing alike, so comparing them would be like comparing Roy Halladay and ARod in my opinion.
    You said "statistically", remember.

Post Thanks / Like

You said "statistically", remember.
    Shit. Touche. Haha
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Kobe used to get criticized for "imitating" MJ in many ways when he first entered the league. It's no trouble to tell who Kobe's idol was.

If I have to pick one or the other it's a no brainer MJ selection in my opinion.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

magic, big o
    players to physically gifted to be given a position and so talented they can excel in them all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    magic, big o
    players to physically gifted to be given a position and so talented they can excel in them all
    I'd say Big O is probably the better comparison for Lebron, of those two.

Magic was smooth like Butter. Lebron is smooth like Freight Train.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

LeBron is one of the players where no matter what coverages you got. He'll hurt you. So skilled, and so physically gifted, he's easily the most gifted athlete on the earth.

As much as I am a fan of Kobe Bryant, from the games that I've watched on replay and on computer, Michael Jordan is the superior player. Michael was always better at getting everyone around him involved. Basketball is a team sport, and that's why LeBron dominates the game so easily, because he's a pass-first player. Takes the opportunities as they come by.

In my opinion, if we went by career end resumes. I would probably go Kobe < LeBron < Michael

LeBron has an NBA Championship, Finals MVP, 3-time League MVP, 2 Olympic Gold medals, 2004 Rookie of the Year, 8-time NBA All-star, 8-time All-NBA honors , and 4-time defensive honors.

He's only 28 I believe...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    In my opinion, if we went by career end resumes. I would probably go Kobe < LeBron < Michael

LeBron has an NBA Championship, Finals MVP, 3-time League MVP, 2 Olympic Gold medals, 2004 Rookie of the Year, 8-time NBA All-star, 8-time All-NBA honors , and 4-time defensive honors.

He's only 28 I believe...
    It all comes down to Rings. And right now, Lebron < Kobe < Jordan.
    Lebrons got ALOT of winning to do to catch up.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

It all comes down to Rings. And right now, Lebron < Kobe < Jordan.
    Lebrons got ALOT of winning to do to catch up.
    I agree, but I clearly made my ranking by player resume overall.

Who knows, whether Kobe is retiring when he's 35, he's got two good years with a very talented team. Possibly 7?

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to point out that LeBron was younger (27 in June 2012) than Michael Jordan (28 in June 1991) when he won his first NBA championship.
    Last edited by stretch; Wed Sep 5th, 2012 at 11:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to point out that LeBron was younger (27 this year) than Michael Jordan (28 in June 1991) when he won his first NBA championship.
    Kobe was 22. It really means nothing in the grand scope of things.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Championships are everything in reference to comparisons of MJ, Kobe, and LeBron.

Post Thanks / Like

Championships are everything in reference to comparisons of MJ, Kobe, and LeBron.
    I agree. Which is the point I made earlier. Career Rings trump Career Stats.

But saying that Lebron is younger than Jordan was when he won his first, and therefore implying that he could win more championships than Jordan because of this, is baseless, as Kobe was 22 when he won his first, and has still yet to eclipse Jordans total.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Which is the point I made earlier. Career Rings trump Career Stats.

But saying that Lebron is younger than Jordan was when he won his first, and therefore implying that he could win more championships than Jordan because of this, is baseless, as Kobe was 22 when he won his first, and has still yet to eclipse Jordans total.
    Your rings>stats logic has its limitations also. Robert Horry has more rings than Jordan, Eddie Curry and LeBron have the same number of rings. You forgot to mention Darko won his first title at 17.

Post Thanks / Like

Your rings>stats logic has its limitations also. Robert Horry has more rings than Jordan, Eddie Curry and LeBron have the same number of rings. You forgot to mention Darko won his first title at 17.
    Referring solely to the conversation at hand ie. Kobe, Lebron, Jordan.

While you are right, you don't hear anyone referring to Derrick Fisher in the same sentence as Kobe.
    Obviously statistics matter. You took my point a little too far I think; Eddy Curry? C'mon man. Haha

Adam Morrison has more Rings than Lebron James, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Steve Nash and Charles Barkley combined. See how silly it sounds?

But when you have players where they ALL put up incredible statistics and All have won a Ring, you need to find another measuring point with which to base it on. And really, Legacy and number of Championships are the only place to go.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Sep 5th, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information