Kobe Bryant vs Michael Jordan - Identical Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stretch wrote: View Post
    I would like to point out that LeBron was younger (27 this year) than Michael Jordan (28 in June 1991) when he won his first NBA championship.
    Kobe was 22. It really means nothing in the grand scope of things.

Comment

Championships are everything in reference to comparisons of MJ, Kobe, and LeBron.

Comment

Championships are everything in reference to comparisons of MJ, Kobe, and LeBron.
        I agree. Which is the point I made earlier. Career Rings trump Career Stats.

But saying that Lebron is younger than Jordan was when he won his first, and therefore implying that he could win more championships than Jordan because of this, is baseless, as Kobe was 22 when he won his first, and has still yet to eclipse Jordans total.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I agree. Which is the point I made earlier. Career Rings trump Career Stats.

But saying that Lebron is younger than Jordan was when he won his first, and therefore implying that he could win more championships than Jordan because of this, is baseless, as Kobe was 22 when he won his first, and has still yet to eclipse Jordans total.
          Your rings>stats logic has its limitations also. Robert Horry has more rings than Jordan, Eddie Curry and LeBron have the same number of rings. You forgot to mention Darko won his first title at 17.

Comment

Your rings>stats logic has its limitations also. Robert Horry has more rings than Jordan, Eddie Curry and LeBron have the same number of rings. You forgot to mention Darko won his first title at 17.
            Referring solely to the conversation at hand ie. Kobe, Lebron, Jordan.

While you are right, you don't hear anyone referring to Derrick Fisher in the same sentence as Kobe.
            Obviously statistics matter. You took my point a little too far I think; Eddy Curry? C'mon man. Haha

Adam Morrison has more Rings than Lebron James, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Steve Nash and Charles Barkley combined. See how silly it sounds?

But when you have players where they ALL put up incredible statistics and All have won a Ring, you need to find another measuring point with which to base it on. And really, Legacy and number of Championships are the only place to go.
            Last edited by Joey; Wed Sep 5, 2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

...But when you have players where they ALL put up incredible statistics and All have won a Ring, ...really, Legacy and number of Championships are the only place to go.
              Doesn't make it the right place to go.

Wilt Chamberlain probably has had more and longer running #1 stats in the record books than any other player. He caused more rule changes, instituted simply to diminish his total dominance, than any other player. He only won two NBA championships. The fact he didn't win more had as much to do with the dominance of the Boston Celtics during that era, and the management decisions made by the teams he played on as anything he personally did.

Comment

I would have thought that the Heat would be favoured to repeat but Las Vegas has the Kobe and the Lakers as the most likely to win this season.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

ODDS TO WIN THE 2012-13 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP

Los Angeles Lakers 11/5
                Miami Heat 9/4
                Oklahoma City Thunder 9/2
                Chicago Bulls 10/1
                San Antonio Spurs 12/1
                Boston Celtics 20/1
                Indiana Pacers 25/1
                Los Angeles Clippers 30/1
                Memphis Grizzlies 30/1
                New York Knicks 30/1
                Philadelphia 76ers 30/1
                Denver Nuggets 40/1
                Dallas Mavericks 40/1
                Brooklyn Nets 40/1
                Raptors tied with 15 teams at 100/1

Comment

Referring solely to the conversation at hand ie. Kobe, Lebron, Jordan.

While you are right, you don't hear anyone referring to Derrick Fisher in the same sentence as Kobe.
                  Obviously statistics matter. You took my point a little too far I think; Eddy Curry? C'mon man. Haha

Adam Morrison has more Rings than Lebron James, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Steve Nash and Charles Barkley combined. See how silly it sounds?

But when you have players where they ALL put up incredible statistics and All have won a Ring, you need to find another measuring point with which to base it on. And really, Legacy and number of Championships are the only place to go.
                  Good post. I'm just concerned with the weight. KG has rings but I don't consider him a greater player than The Mailman for example.

Comment

Working...
                  X