X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Forget about Amir just yet.

Beast Mode:

Dude looks INCREDIBLE.

Amir has ALWAYS shown the dedication needed to improve, so this isn't a surprise. But.. DAMN.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 4, 2012, 07:56 PM.

Joey, you're an incredibly loyal guy, but between your love for Bayless, James Johnson and now Amir it seems like you would be happy trotting out the same losing team year in and year out. Love your optimism, but don't share it. If he had a jump shot I'd say that he could be Udonis Haslem-esque coming off the bench, but don't see it and at this point he hasn't shown anything other than heart and some okay post defense to warrant a special place in my heart. If a trade possibility comes by which helps us land an upgrade and includes Amir I wouldn't hesitate.
    Last edited by Mediumcore; Tue Sep 4, 2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Beast Mode:

Dude looks INCREDIBLE.

Amir has ALWAYS shown to dedication needed to improve, so this isn't a surprise. But.. DAMN.
      Why doesn't he go teach a lesson to Demar? LOL.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

In fairness, how often did we see Amir with his shirt off last season? He could look exactly the same as a year ago.

As for Mediumcore's jumpshot comment, RaptorsHQ posted an interview with assistant coach Eric Hughes talking about working on expanding Amir's range on his jumper. They hinted at going past the 3 point line.

Amir came up to Toronto right before the draft and spent about four days with us. The biggest thing we're trying to do with Amir is extend his range. I don't think people think of Amir as a three-point shooter, and not that we're going to run plays for him to get three-point shots, but we're trying to extend his range a little bit and make him a little more of a driver too so he can take advantage of his quickness and athleticism down on the block rather than have him shoot jump hooks.
        http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/8/17/3...zan-kyle-lowry

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Joey, you're an incredibly loyal guy, but between your love for Bayless, James Johnson and now Amir
          Not sure I ever stated ANYTHING other than the fact that Amir looks to be in great shape...

seems like you would be happy trotting out the same losing team year in and year out.
          Why's that? Because I support and cheer for our players?
          Lame. Next.

Love your optimism, but don't share it.
          And wow ... I'm actually being asked not to share?... Thanks for that Medium. Real Classy.

If he had a jump shot I'd say that he could be Udonis Haslem-esque coming off the bench, but don't see it and at this point he hasn't shown anything other than heart and some okay post defense to warrant a special place in my heart. If a trade possibility comes by which helps us land an upgrade and includes Amir I wouldn't hesitate.
          He's got FAR more of a jump shot than Ed does, and 100x more Heart.
          AND he's been, consistently, our best Low-Post defender.

Comment

I am loving Amir. I hope he put the same intensity in to his game as he has his body.

I think he got a bum rap last season due to the off season surgery and rehab that limited him from any bball related drills. I think he had a lot of rust coming back. I'm not saying Amir is anything other than a spot starter and third big man but any great team needs a great spot starter and third big man.

He does look big.... but I hope he did more than arm curls! FYI there is a study done somewhere (you can google it if you don't take my word for it) that had 2 test groups. one group did Olympic-style lifts and no arm workouts in their training and the other group did arm workouts as part of their training. The findings are surprising: no arm workout people had stronger arms. So if strength is what you are after, skip the curls and remember:

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I am loving Amir. I hope he put the same intensity in to his game as he has his body.

I think he got a bum rap last season due to the off season surgery and rehab that limited him from any bball related drills. I think he had a lot of rust coming back. I'm not saying Amir is anything other than a spot starter and third big man but any great team needs a great spot starter and third big man.
              I'm usually quite hesitant to give out 'points' ... but ... +1.

So if strength is what you are after, skip the curls and remember:
              Hahaha, I remember seeing that one for the first time.
              Too funny. Guaranteed the guy went out and did a month worth of Leg Presses after that picture got out.

Comment

Not sure I ever stated ANYTHING other than the fact that Amir looks to be in great shape...

Lame. Next.

And wow ... I'm actually being asked not to share?... Thanks for that Medium. Real Classy.

Oh c'mon now, no need to take it so personally. You know exactly what I'm saying here so no need to make it sound like it's a personal attack against you.

Comment

You titled the post "Don't Forget about Amir just yet." and started it off with "Beast Mode"
                  It doesn't take a genius to guess you're referring to more than just his physique.

Lame. Next.
                  I like Amir, more than I should for the type of player he is, but he's saying if you cheer for these lame players you basically accept losing. I don't know if I agree

That's not what he said at all. He says he loves your optimism, but he does not share the same level of optimism. You're a touchy kid if that made you cry.

I agree with you on this through and through. Amir's great, team's need that type of guy, get rid of that bum Davis already.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Oh c'mon now, no need to take it so personally. You know exactly what I'm saying here so no need to make it sound like it's a personal attack against you.
                    Just responding to your remarks. I guess 'tone' is hard to convey over Text. Lol

The only one I thought came off as an "attack" (wrong word I know) was the "but don't share it", I realize now that I read it as written; and not as intended: "but I don't share it." It being my optimism.
                    My bad.

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    You titled the post "Don't Forget about Amir just yet." and started it off with "Beast Mode"
                    It doesn't take a genius to guess you're referring to more than just his physique.
                    Still not sure what, in all of that, points to anything other than the fact that I'm trying to draw attention to the picture Amir posted to his Facebook. In which he looks like 'Beast'.

I like Amir, more than I should for the type of player he is, but he's saying if you cheer for these lame players you basically accept losing. I don't know if I agree
                    I know I don't agree with this.

That's not what he said at all. He says he loves your optimism, but he does not share the same level of optimism.
                    Well perhaps the missing word led to me misinterpreting his post? But thanks.

You're a touchy kid if that made you cry.
                    Very touchy. Bawling my eyes out as we speak.

Amir's great, team's need that type of guy, get rid of that bum Davis already.
                    We agree.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Amir's great, team's need that type of guy, get rid of that bum Davis already.
                      +1. In the never-ending debate between Ed and Amir, Amir always comes out as the winner in my books.

Comment

I'm with Joey on this.. He's not being touchy, he's defending himself. If you guys think sharing an opinion is wrong then you're on the wrong site.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          In the never-ending debate between Ed and Amir, Amir always comes out as the winner in my books.
                          This being the other point to this thread.

Many people, external 'reviewers' and internal fans, have been talking ALOT about Ed, and how he could/should be the Future of the 4-spot for us ... I see nothing to back that up.

Especially when Amir has consistently outplayed him (even on a broken ankle!).
                          Amir is a Warrior, and will do anything for this team to win.

Even if it means 6 fouls in 6 minutes! Haha
                          Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 4, 2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            +1. In the never-ending debate between Ed and Amir, Amir always comes out as the winner in my books.
                            Same here, but I'm hoping that Ed's first summer league, first summer working with coaches, and first real training camp, Ed shows a lot more this year. If nothing else, to at least become a valuable trade chip, as I still think Amir is a valuable 3rd big that Ed has some work to do in catching up to him.

Comment

All I got to say is I want his abs...Meaning I want abs like that...wow...
                              Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

Working...
                              X