Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the greatest players by position in Raptor's history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoBan wrote: View Post
    No you shutup!
    I will if you stop being such a miserable twat.

Comment

This team with all these guys in the primes isn't even a top 3 contender for the title this upcoming season. FML.
      i would say this would be top5 in the league this year. tmac was incredible in his prime. arguable best player in the league. fantastic defense, great passer, dribbler, driver. only problems this team would have is vince on defense and damon against bigger guards.

damon was a conference champion, antonio was bulls/pacers war vet, tmac scoring champion, bosh is now a world champion.

i think you might have gotten it wrong when you said in thier primes.

Comment

This team with all these guys in the primes isn't even a top 3 contender for the title this upcoming season. FML.
        Actually, I'd have to say it is. Carter in his prime was incredible, and T-Mac's best years were truly other-worldly. People often forget how good McGrady was, because of the playoff curse and the injuries. If he'd been healthy, he'd have been the player everyone compared Lebron to.

Comment

I want to thank the members who even bothered replying to your post, because it speaks to the quality of their persons. When you said this, you actually demonstrated not only ignorance of the Raptors history, but your complete lack of knowledge with regards to the NBA. In effect you have relegated yourself to the margins of Raptors Republic significance. Congratulations. It is extremely hard to accomplish all three of those feats with a single post. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

Comment

Hey I've done a little research for you. Please go support some other team instead.
            http://celticshub.com/
            http://www.forumblueandgold.com/
            http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/
            http://www.dailythunder.com/

or if you still wish to support the Raptors, http://bleacherreport.com/toronto-raptors will be a better place for you.

Sod off, goodbye, and you're welcome.

Comment

I figure I will give my alltime team a shot

PG Omar Cook
              SG Dion Glover
              SF Chris Jefferies
              PF Jelani McCoy
              C Patrick O'Bryant
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Agreed on all except TMac. Although he turned out to be a great player, he wasn't a great player in Toronto.

MoPete and Jalen Rose both had far better years in Toronto. Heck even Walt Williams had a better career as a Raptor.
                yeesh! mopete? I disagree completely. T-Mac justifies being on that list for his one playoff performance against NYC that first year.
                If moPete is on the list we are truly a pathetic franchise

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

PG Omar Cook
                  SG Dion Glover
                  SF Chris Jefferies
                  PF Jelani McCoy
                  C Patrick O'Bryant
                  what about yogi stewart?

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

PG Omar Cook
                    SG Dion Glover
                    SF Chris Jefferies
                    PF Jelani McCoy
                    C Patrick O'Bryant
                    Who was the guy we brought in years ago that was Alvin Williams TWIN. I remember, from behind, you literally could not tell them apart when on the floor together.

ADD: DERRICK DIAL or was it Jermaine Jackson?
                    (I actually got really excited when I remembered that name.)

Few to add to your list:
                    Uros Slokar
                    Michael Bradley
                    Pape Sow
                    Roko Ukic
                    Robert Archibald
                    Lonny Baxter
                    Primoz "The Gangster" Brezec
                    Nate Huffman
                    Mamadou N'Diaye!!

Oh.. and Eric Montross
                    Last edited by Joey; Fri Sep 7, 2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Should have clued in that this thread would be especially full of homers, even for this uber homer forum. flamingtimbits.... You are such a homer that you have a pizza pizza advert in your avatar.

For the record, you are a homer if you think a VC/TMac in their primes combo is better than LeBron/Wade in their primes. You just are. Carter and McGrady were awesome, but we're talking about the best player of a generation and potentially top 3 of all time in LeBron... plus Wade, who also stacks up favourably to even Orlando/Houston TMac and pre-Wince Vince. Vince never made 1st team all NBA, TMac only did it twice (Wade and Lebron have 8 combined appearences already).

Maybe I am wrong about this given Vince's runs in NJ, ORL, PHX, or DAL, but I believe that neither Vince nor TMac ever made it to a conference finals. They certainly never led a team on a deep playoff run. If I'm not mistaken, Vince joined Orlando, Phoenix and Dallas after they had good playoff runs and the teams all immediately flamed out once adding him to their roster. The guy is a loser, through and through.

I'd also favour OKC over our all-time Raps team, if only because they got Thabeet to protect the rim. But really, give me KD over any Raptor ever and the rest of the OKC swad stacks up decent with our guys.

Also gotta favour LAL over our TMac-Vince led time machine team. We've never dealt well with star big men and that holds true for our all time team.

It's a silly argument, given that our team would need a Jose/AW type PG instead of Mighty Mouse... it's not exactly built to win games. But there you go, our all time team would be a title contender this season, but arguably 3 teams have better current rosters. I apologize for killing everyone's red raptor boner, but we're a sad-sack franchise at this point. Loveable, often exciting, and fun to root for, but only chance we've ever seen at relevancy clanked off the back of the rim on graduation day. If you dont want to acknowledge that, then I cite the people in this thread that have soberly, seriously nominated Morris Peterson, Jorge Garbajosa, and Walt Williams for our all time team.

Comment

Vince never made 1st team all NBA, TMac only did it twice (Wade and Lebron have 8 combined appearences already).

I'd also favour OKC over our all-time Raps team, if only because they got Thabeet to protect the rim. But really, give me KD over any Raptor ever and the rest of the OKC swad stacks up decent with our guys.
                        lebron has 6 of those. don't mash his accolades with wades. they are two seperate players and i would take tmac over wade everyday of the week.

thabeet to protect the rim?

after miami and la our team is clearly in the debate for top 3 and definately in top 5.

your not killing anyones boner, you are showing yourself to be a hater for attention.

damon was a conference champion and leader on a very good team in portland until they became the jailblazers. in thier primes i might choose tmac over durant. tmac was unreal good. he was the best player to ever come out of our system.

your argument against vince is that he is a loser, and i agree with that. but before he was a quitter he was the hottest fastest rising superstar in the league. when the topic says primes, we are not talking about careers. we are talking about the best seasons they had in the nba. so i will post them for you as the players i see as our best.

pg. damon
                        http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/817/damon-stoudamire
                        96/97 20pts 8.8ast and 4 rbs 1.5 stls

sg. vince
                        04/05 27 pts 6 rbs 4.5 asts

sf. tmac
                        02/03 32 pts 6.5 rbs 5.5 asts 1.7 stls almost a block a game

pf. bosh
                        09/10 24 pts 10 rbs 2.5 asts 1 blk

c. davis
                        00/01 13.5 pts 10.1 rbs 1.9 blks

as much as you call people homers you are as big a hater. that is a great team right there and you are backing yourself into a corner that will only result in you insulting people to defend your viewpoint as it is beyond opinion.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          lebron has 6 of those. don't mash his accolades with wades. they are two seperate players and i would take tmac over wade everyday of the week.

thabeet to protect the rim?

after miami and la our team is clearly in the debate for top 3 and definately in top 5.

your not killing anyones boner, you are showing yourself to be a hater for attention.

damon was a conference champion and leader on a very good team in portland until they became the jailblazers. in thier primes i might choose tmac over durant. tmac was unreal good. he was the best player to ever come out of our system.

your argument against vince is that he is a loser, and i agree with that. but before he was a quitter he was the hottest fastest rising superstar in the league. when the topic says primes, we are not talking about careers. we are talking about the best seasons they had in the nba. so i will post them for you as the players i see as our best.

pg. damon
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/817/damon-stoudamire
                          96/97 20pts 8.8ast and 4 rbs 1.5 stls

sg. vince
                          04/05 27 pts 6 rbs 4.5 asts

sf. tmac
                          02/03 32 pts 6.5 rbs 5.5 asts 1.7 stls almost a block a game

pf. bosh
                          09/10 24 pts 10 rbs 2.5 asts 1 blk

c. davis
                          00/01 13.5 pts 10.1 rbs 1.9 blks

as much as you call people homers you are as big a hater. that is a great team right there and you are backing yourself into a corner that will only result in you insulting people to defend your viewpoint as it is beyond opinion.
                          Thanks Miek. I wanted to respond to that, but this will more than suffice.

And agreed, TMac in his prime was unstoppable, and something I doubt we ever see again. Dude was a BEAST. I remember when he scored 62 points in that one game? Not to mention 32ppg for a whole season. Ridiculous.

Once Durant does that, then I'll start listening.
                          Last edited by Joey; Fri Sep 7, 2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                            yeesh! mopete? I disagree completely. T-Mac justifies being on that list for his one playoff performance against NYC that first year.
                            If moPete is on the list we are truly a pathetic franchise
                            So you're basing your "all-time" list based on 1 week of play....a week in which we got swept out of the first round?

Comment

Damon Stoutamire was a huge pot-head that was a charter member of the Jail Blazers. Let's all stop acting like we was some kind of a stud.

Prime TMac over KD? It's not a huge blowout for KD, but let's all remember that TMac never won a single playoff series. KD already has more NBA 1st team nods that TMac ever got. TMac was awesome, and TMac is the best player to ever come out of the Raps system, but he was never as good as KD is right now. KD will go down as an all-time great, whereas TMac has a slim chance at the hall of fame. And that is to say nothing about their character (KD - gamer; TMac - quitter).

This little blow up here started with a one sentance statement claiming that our all time team would likely be outside of the top 3 next year. Miekenstien acknowledged they are borderline top 3. It's an accurate statement, and I foolishly expected a few fellow commiseraters.

It's partly due to our relative new-ness as a team and partly due to our horrible rosters throughout the years. There was no “hate” in my comment. I only posted extended (admittedly negative) analysis after i was attacked by a swarm of homers.

I find the best way to go through life was a loser team is to acknowledge your weakness and have fun with it. Take it from a guy that used to be a Riders fan. Pretending the team is somehow great or better than it really is will only lead to disappointment and bitterness.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                So you're basing your "all-time" list based on 1 week of play....a week in which we got swept out of the first round?
                                no...i'm saying that t-mac accomplished more in one week than mopete did for our franchise his whole career by being a go to guy in a playoff game. This is not to comment on how good t-mac was, but how bad mopete was.

There's a reason why when mopete left our team we never saw him contribute for the hornets or any other team...he was simply not a good player. He was one of those guys who has been glorified in toronto because we have had no one else to step in and take his spot. He took some charges, made some crazy shots, and all of a sudden he's a fan favourite. We've had lots of those guys. Then they go to another team, and we never see them again.

I think that if we agree to disagree about t-mac, you can justify moving VC to SF in that lineup, and putting Doug christie or alvin williams at SG before putting Mopete there. Garbo, Jose, jalen, all of these guys were also better players...and raptors

Comment

Working...
                                X