Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the greatest players by position in Raptor's history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the greatest players by position in Raptor's history?

Who do you think are the best players by position in Raptor's history?
    My humble opinion:
    PG- Damon Stoudamire
    SG- Vince Carter
    SF- Tracy McGrady
    PF- Chris Bosh
    C- Antonio Davis

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
    My humble opinion:
    PG- Damon Stoudamire
    SG- Vince Carter
    SF- Tracy McGrady
    PF- Chris Bosh
    C- Antonio Davis
    Agreed on all except TMac. Although he turned out to be a great player, he wasn't a great player in Toronto.

MoPete and Jalen Rose both had far better years in Toronto. Heck even Walt Williams had a better career as a Raptor.

Comment

Jose needs consideration at the PG.

TJ Ford should/could have been.

Comment

PG- Damon Stoudamire
        SG- Vince Carter
        SF- Mo Pete
        PF- Chris Bosh
        C- Antonio Davis

Come to think of it that is sad, it is not much different from worst ever.

Comment

Jose at PG and I always liked Dough Christie on defence so I would give him the edge over T-Mac at SF. Christie had a great 97-98 season.

Comment

pg- stoudamire
            sg- carter
            sf- mcgrady
            pf- bosh
            c- davis

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Agreed on all except TMac. Although he turned out to be a great player, he wasn't a great player in Toronto.

MoPete and Jalen Rose both had far better years in Toronto. Heck even Walt Williams had a better career as a Raptor.
              i would give tmacs final year here as the best sf year we have had. and if not tmac i would go jorge

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                i would give tmacs final year here as the best sf year we have had. and if not tmac i would go jorge
                Yeah, Garbajosa is the best SF in Raptors' history

Comment

PG: Jose Calderon
                  SG: Vince Carter
                  SF: Jorge Garbajosa (I don't care, he was a superhero)
                  PF: Chris Bosh
                  C: Antonio Davis

Another interesting thought, to get an idea of where we are now, is to rank where current Raptors could likely end up on this chart. I could very honestly see Jonas, Lowry, and even Bargnani being in this 'best of' category.

The one that is most 'up for grabs' is SF, but I don't see Linus or Fields hitting that anytime soon.

Bargnani also has serious work to do, but leading the team on the offensive end for another 5+ years will have him looking good!

I consider Vince at SG to be almost untouchable - he did so much, so well.

In 2016/17 i'll be saying:

PG: Lowry
                  SG: Vince
                  SF: ??? Demar, hah
                  PF: Bargnani
                  C: Valanciunas
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                    Another interesting thought, to get an idea of where we are now, is to rank where current Raptors could likely end up on this chart. I could very honestly see Jonas, Lowry, and even Bargnani being in this 'best of' category.
                    i think this depends on our future team success and those of the other players careers. hard for bargs to pass bosh in career achievements after what should happen the next few years. but if it's best years representing the raptors then bargs has a great shot and if we make the finals and demar hits a couple game winners so does he.

if lowry stays beyond his two year minimum he should supplant mighty mouse(it's really hard for me to say that. he was the only thing we had going for us then so i remember him extra fondly)

bigV should become greatest center

really seems like sf is our bane. if landy comes in and rebounds, cuts, hits open shots and plays d he might crack the garbajosa mysticism

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      really seems like sf is our bane. if landy comes in and rebounds, cuts, hits open shots and plays d he might crack the garbajosa mysticism
                      If he comes in and plays a successful "Battier role" for us, for 3+ years ... it could be his.
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

I dont know about that .. Tmac's last year, he averaged 17.7 pts, 7.3 rbs and 3.8 assist per 36 mins (on a pretty good team). Compare that to Mo Pete's best year of '05-'06 of 15.8 pts, 4.4 rbs and 2.2 assists per 36.. I have to give it to TMac. Also, if you remember how much he improved that last season .. they way he was playing come the end of the regular season if for sure the best that any SF has ever played for the Raps .. he has to get the nod to me ..

Comment

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
                          My humble opinion:
                          PG- Damon Stoudamire
                          SG- Vince Carter
                          SF- Tracy McGrady
                          PF- Chris Bosh
                          C- Antonio Davis
                          This team with all these guys in the primes isn't even a top 3 contender for the title this upcoming season. FML.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
                            This team with all these guys in the primes isn't even a top 3 contender for the title this upcoming season. FML.
                            Lakers - vince carter and t-mac = more atheticism on the wings, its kinda a wash b/c the lakers have the advantadge in the front court.

Heat - Carter in his prime would be troubled against today's lebron, but he was an underrated passer.....t-mac in his prime is better than today's dwayne wade imo. better front court. (especially since the net difference is AD vs Joel Anthony LOL) better pg. to provide a scoring punch for the raptors.

so shutup already.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                              Lakers - vince carter and t-mac = more atheticism on the wings, its kinda a wash b/c the lakers have the advantadge in the front court.

Heat - Carter in his prime would be troubled against today's lebron, but he was an underrated passer.....t-mac in his prime is better than today's dwayne wade imo. better front court. (especially since the net difference is AD vs Joel Anthony LOL) better pg. to provide a scoring punch for the raptors.

so shutup already.
                              No you shutup!

Comment

Working...
                              X