Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
Wilt averaged 50 pt's a game one season. He had 14 triple doubles in a row, one season. They changed the rules of the game, so that he wouldn't totally dominate every game he played in.

"...He also won 7 scoring, 9 field goal percentage, and 11 rebounding titles in addition to an assist title."

He had his jersey number retired by three different NBA franchises, the Warriors, the Lakers and the 76'ers.

"Chamberlain holds 71 NBA records, 62 by himself. Among his records are several that are considered unbreakable, such as averaging 22.9 rebounds for a career or 50.4 points per game in a season, scoring 100 points or 55 rebounds in a single game, scoring 65 or more points 15 times, 50 or more points 118 times. During Chamberlain's time, defensive statistics like blocks and steals had not been recorded yet. However, according to Jack Ramsay, "Harvey said he used to tell one of his statisticians to keep track of Wilt's blocks in big games...One night, they got up to 25".

Not saying Jordan wasn't the greatest ever, just saying it's not an open and shut case.
The rules were so much different back then. I've already made my case for his inflated points, with the whole no 3 second call or 3 point line. The blocks can be explained by the fact that goaltending was allowed back then. That's huge if goaltending was allowed now we'd see guys get just as many blocks. He rebounds are monstrous no arguement about that. If we're comparing the greatest ever, I just don't think wilt is the one to be comparing to. It was a big mans game back then, a more suitable arguement would be Kobe if he wins 1 or 2 more rings but even then I think it'd be jordan. Another good comparison would be Bill Russel but that's based solely on hardware alone.