View Poll Results: Which player is most desirable/reasonable for a combination of Jose-Demar-Ed?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luol Deng

    4 12.50%
  • Rudy Gay

    16 50.00%
  • Danny Granger

    0 0%
  • Josh Smith

    6 18.75%
  • Wilson Chandler

    2 6.25%
  • Danilo Galinari

    4 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: The Trade Deadline Package

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Beagle wrote: View Post
    There seems to be an awful lot of prejudice against the home team around these forums. It is beyond doubtful that either Gallinari or Chandler are worth trading DeRozan alone for. Both those guys have obviously hit their ceilings and neither do anything particularly better than DeRoazn except rebound, but they're not stars at that or anything. Of course, one could argue that they're better "all around" players than DeRozan. But if he's really so bad, it's odd how well DeRozan chums around with various all-star caliber players during off seasons, holidays and stuff. I almost find it hard to believe but two people voted for both Gallinari and Chandler in this poll. Really? We should give up half of the "core" of one year ago for a vaguely decent player? Get real.
    i voted gallo and would trade derozan in a second if it were ever a straight up deal for him. gallo shoots better, drives better and rebounds better than derozan. he is also another 6-10 small forward.

    derozan "chums around" with all-stars because bryans dad runs usa basketball and he can ask favours. or he hangs out with jennings in the drew league to give back to his community. i have a friend who is a dj, doesn't make me one, i just like free drinks.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Beagle wrote: View Post
    There seems to be an awful lot of prejudice against the home team around these forums. It is beyond doubtful that either Gallinari or Chandler are worth trading DeRozan alone for. Both those guys have obviously hit their ceilings and neither do anything particularly better than DeRoazn except rebound, but they're not stars at that or anything. Of course, one could argue that they're better "all around" players than DeRozan. But if he's really so bad, it's odd how well DeRozan chums around with various all-star caliber players during off seasons, holidays and stuff. I almost find it hard to believe but two people voted for both Gallinari and Chandler in this poll. Really? We should give up half of the "core" of one year ago for a vaguely decent player? Get real.

    If DeRozan (or Ed) reads these forums it would be no surprise if they felt almost no loyalty to Toronto's fan base. They really are young, with very few seasons under their belt. Give them a frickin' break rather than spouting crap about how they should be traded in a package for some reliable but middling player just because. Sheesh.

    Now, if they were traded for Josh Smith, I'd bet no one would take offense. Same for Gay I suppose. But the other names on this list....? I just dunno. Self-hatred, I guess.
    Wow i hadn't read this post yet. Beagle, you've made a number of flawed arguements here.

    First, are you really worried about the repurcussions of a Raptor reading this forum and souring on the organization? Don't you think that his relationship with the other players, the coach, managment and the media be more important? How about the quality of the training staff and team facilities? How about life in city of Toronto as a fit for the player's lifestyle? How about the $$$ the Raptors are willing to pay for a player's services. Actually, forget it, you're 100% on the money; posts on Raps Repub are very important to players.

    Now that we've got that out of the way, let's take up your point about DeRo or ED not being worth the players on the list. Now, we're all Raps fans and have a certain loyalty to our guys, but DeRo is heading into year 4 of modest (at very best) improvement. He still has no jumpshot, and he seems to get into droughts that last for multiple games in a row. He's not a stand-out defender either and not an elite ball handler. Basically, he is good in transition and can get you a 20 pt game maybe once a week. Davis is even farther behind in his development. He's a defensive specialist that makes a habit of getting totally lost on defense. He can't keep up to the speed of the NBA, he misses his rotations, and he's a zero on offense. The player's listed in the poll are not option 1 on a championship contender. But my god, how can you not see each of them as a major upgrade over DeRo and ED? They are all proven contributers on playoff caliber teams. We barely have anybody like that on our entire roster, let alone the 2 lottery flops that your are inexplicably defending. There is a reason BC didn't get a trade done for any of these guys. It's because every other GM would hang up in his ear when they heard his poo-poo offer.

    Finally, did you really argue that DeRo has high potential because he chums around with all star players? I feel like you're trolling me there. That wasn't a serious point, right? On the other hand... maybe we should sign Worldwide Wes, Maverick Carter and Lil Wayne.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Don't look for links to 'sources' or even rumour stories on this ... i'm just posing some food for thought.

    In looking for that final piece (A SF upgrade), what kind of a fantastic package could we have to offer at the Trade Deadline?

    -Landry Fields and TRoss could likely make Demar expendable.
    -The $10M in expiring dough on Jose's deal, at an often weak position in the NBA, will have suitors.
    -No secret that we have too many PF's. Amir adds a slightly more veteran presence which may drop Ed.

    If Demar and Ed are playing well - a package of Demar, Jose & Ed could land a seriously skilled player AND still leave us with the future starters at 4 positions and some depth.

    Lowry/Lucas
    Fields/Ross
    ???/Kleiza
    Bargnani/Amir
    Jonas/Gray

    Who would you put in the 'SF' spot?
    In writing the bench thread today, I rethought this thread.

    For the Raptors to have any shot at these players, DD and ED are going to need to show significant growth this season.

    Calderon, DD, ED, Raps 2nd round picks, and Sac 2014 2nd round picks are the Raps key trade assets. So going back to what I already said, DD and ED are going to need to show significant growth this season to even consider some of the names on the list (because as of now there is little to no chance, in my opinion).

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    ... (because as of now there is little to no chance, in my opinion).
    Good, let's kill this thread. It was dead before it tarted.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    777
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Beagle wrote: View Post
    There seems to be an awful lot of prejudice against the home team around these forums. It is beyond doubtful that either Gallinari or Chandler are worth trading DeRozan alone for. Both those guys have obviously hit their ceilings and neither do anything particularly better than DeRoazn except rebound, but they're not stars at that or anything. Of course, one could argue that they're better "all around" players than DeRozan. But if he's really so bad, it's odd how well DeRozan chums around with various all-star caliber players during off seasons, holidays and stuff. I almost find it hard to believe but two people voted for both Gallinari and Chandler in this poll. Really? We should give up half of the "core" of one year ago for a vaguely decent player? Get real.

    If DeRozan (or Ed) reads these forums it would be no surprise if they felt almost no loyalty to Toronto's fan base. They really are young, with very few seasons under their belt. Give them a frickin' break rather than spouting crap about how they should be traded in a package for some reliable but middling player just because. Sheesh.

    Now, if they were traded for Josh Smith, I'd bet no one would take offense. Same for Gay I suppose. But the other names on this list....? I just dunno. Self-hatred, I guess.
    Chandler I have my doubts about but Gallo is better than Demar. He has better range, better all round skills and the only thing DeMar does better is dunk. Now don't get me wrong, I was a DeMar fan long before the raps drafted him but if anything Gallo is just starting to reach his potential whereas DD has showin little to no improvement in 3 years. he's an inefficient scorer, a slasher with zero range, a terrible ball handler and a highly questionable defender. That's exactly what I'd of said of his gmae in y2 and now it's y4. The fact you may consider him a "core" player is totally irrelevant. He's HIGHLY replaceable. Just cuz we drafted them doesn't mean ANYTHING. We took what was viewed as the best choice at that draft slot. That doesn't mean they are locks! Or do you really like the idea of being a loyal fan to a crap team?

    That being said I'd give up DD/JC/and Ed for Gay or a combo of WC and Gallo in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by minks77; Mon Sep 17th, 2012 at 08:26 AM.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •