Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey interview on The Fan590

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_deman...-Interview.mp3
    Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Sat Sep 8, 2012, 04:19 PM.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

thanks. good interview. casey just sounds like someone with unlimited patience. very soft spoken calming voice.

Comment

sounds like he has a plan for andrea and jonas to play together. i know the question was directly them playing together. also sounds like he might put andrea closer to the basket in some situations and let him play from the paint. i can't immediately think of andrea under the basket on offense does anyone remember him having good post moves?

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        sounds like he has a plan for andrea and jonas to play together. i know the question was directly them playing together. also sounds like he might put andrea closer to the basket in some situations and let him play from the paint. i can't immediately think of andrea under the basket on offense does anyone remember him having good post moves?
        Everything to the right unless a fade away jump shot.

It drives me mad. I can't count the number of time he just had to drop his right foot and he had a layup but he goes right (and often away from the hoop) through numerous defenders to a do a little modified hook/push shot. To his credit he make a lot of them and he is also 7ft but talk about making things more difficult than they need to be.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          He actually has very good post moves. As Matt suggests, he might be a little bit predictable, but with his shooting touch and size, hes very very hard to stop. Im always screaming for the raps to give him the ball in the post more. The problem is, hes either too lazy or the team cant figure out how to get him the ball in the post consistently .. and so we dont see enough of it.

To me, when we need hoops down the stretch, this should be the play call every time - AB in the post. There is absolutely no reason he cant score or get fouled the vast majority of the time.

Comment

I think the 3:30 talk regarding Jose is important.

Jose must recognize he is going to be backup on just about every team - especially playoff teams - in the league. In my opinion the Raps are going to have a very decent 2nd unit and Jose is a HUUUUGE part of that. I was very critical of Jose last season for his injury history - especially after international competition in the summer. That perspective was when I looked at him as the starter. I no longer see him as the starter, regardless of the lip service paid to the competition in training camp for the starting job.

Jose as a backup is a great luxury for Toronto. Regardless of what happens at the trade deadline (i.e. Jose's contract possibly used to make numbers work in a trade), I hope Jose is back next year on the MLE or Bird Rights if not traded (for MLE money) for 2-3 seasons. That would require whatever cap space the Raps have next summer to be used via a trade or sign and trade versus an UFA signing. An UFA signing would cause them to waive the MLE or renounce Jose's rights.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ents-2012-2013

2013 free agent lists. jose will be the second best pg unrestricted next year after cp3.

Comment

Casey made a point in the interview of talking about JV and Amir playing together and something about them running up and down the floor. Suggests to me that he anticipates using Amir on the second unit with Big V, at least to start the season.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Casey made a point in the interview of talking about JV and Amir playing together and something about them running up and down the floor. Suggests to me that he anticipates using Amir on the second unit with Big V, at least to start the season.
                  Very likely.

He also has raved about Gray's screen setting ability. I can see a lot of Lowry drives off a Gray screen or DeRozan curls off a Gray screen.

Comment

Working...
                  X