HoopsWorld.com : Six Reasons Why Toronto Makes the Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puffer wrote: View Post
    "...he’ll be very motivated to make a strong debut, even if that debut isn’t until December."

Here's hoping he doesn't rush his return to the floor and sustain a more significant injury. Something young players are wont to do.

It might be good for TO is he did, but that is not the way you want to sneak into the play-offs.
    Agreed but it is what it is.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Agreed but it is what it is.
      Matt, I watched the Raptors Preview, and Charles Barkley was babbling like an idiot. Did you watch it, and can you grab what he's trying to say?

I think he said we're the 5th best team in the Atlantic, but not a top 4 team. Would that mean we are a playoff team even if we're 5th best and not top 4? Sorry, it was Charles Barkley.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Matt, I watched the Raptors Preview, and Charles Barkley was babbling like an idiot. Did you watch it, and can you grab what he's trying to say?

I think he said we're the 5th best team in the Atlantic, but not a top 4 team. Would that mean we are a playoff team even if we're 5th best and not top 4? Sorry, it was Charles Barkley.

It was along the lines of "they're the 5th best team of the division I'm previewing so what is there to say?"
        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
          It was along the lines of "they're the 5th best team of the division I'm previewing so what is there to say?"
          Yeah but he said something about the conference. Whatever, Charles Barkley is a babbling idiot.

Comment

Didn't hear it.

5th best in the Atlantic is nothing new from a preview/forecast perspective.

Raps could be a playoff team finishing 5th in Atlantic but it would mean only 1 other team besides divisional winners get in for the Central and Southeast divisions.

So to wrap up, in other words just 3 of the following teams would make the playoffs if all 5 teams in Atlantic got in:

Chicago
            Cleveland
            Milwaukee
            Indiana
            Detroit

Washington
            Miami
            Atlanta
            Orlando
            Charlotte
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Sep 30, 2012, 07:43 PM. Reason: Charlotte was left out accidently - cause you never know, right?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Didn't hear it.

5th best in the Atlantic is nothing new from a preview/forecast perspective.

Raps could be a playoff team finishing 5th in Atlantic but it would mean only 1 other team besides divisional winners get in for the Central and Southeast divisions.

So to wrap up, in other words just 3 of the following teams would make the playoffs if all 5 teams in Atlantic got in:

Chicago
              Cleveland
              Milwaukee
              Indiana
              Detroit

Washington
              Miami
              Atlanta
              Orlando
              Charlotte
              Indiana, Miami, Chicago in my opinion.

Washington with the early blow to John Wall can hurt the team, especially with no significant back-up, nevertheless inexperienced back-court.

Milwaukee won't be good enough, nor will they be able to really co-exist, it was proven last year that it's barely working between Jennings and Ellis.

Comment

I find he was pretty disrespectful to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                X