Wesley Johnson - Perfect Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wesley Johnson - Perfect Fit

Why are we not talking about Wesley Johnson to the raptors, a long quick 3 with a good shot and entering only his 3rd year. He will be playing behind Beasley where he was hidden during his whole career in Minnesota and will continue to be hidden in Phoenix. For the raptors he could become that great small forward we need. He was a very high draft pick that was and will be underutilized.

MyTEAM4Life wrote: View Post
    Why are we not talking about Wesley Johnson to the raptors, a long quick 3 with a good shot and entering only his 3rd year. He will be playing behind Beasley where he was hidden during his whole career in Minnesota and will continue to be hidden in Phoenix. For the raptors he could become that great small forward we need. He was a very high draft pick that was and will be underutilized.
    +1

I like Johnson, I don't think he's going to pan out in the league, but I always liked his game and thought he would be a great raptor. Good call, don't see it happening, but we can dream!
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Wes Johnson - started 127 of a possible 144 games

And some wonder why we should question the 'eye test'........

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
        Wes Johnson - started 127 of a possible 144 games

And some wonder why we should question the 'eye test'........
        Starting at 2 guard is not helping this legit 3 expand and develop his game, he should not have been guarding apposing twos he should have be locking down 3s with his great length and quickness

Comment

Starting at 2 guard is not helping this legit 3 expand and develop his game, he should not have been guarding apposing twos he should have be locking down 3s with his great length and quickness
          Well just looking at last season, Beasley only started 7 games.

The most common starting line up was:

PG - Rubio
          SG - Ridnour
          SF - Johnson
          PF - Love
          C - Pekovic

2nd most common starting line up was the same, but with Milic at C

Comment

Unless the Raptors are in tanking mode again, I don't see the point of acquiring Wesley Johnson.

Wesley Johnson played a lot of minutes in Minnesota and he completely stank. He was a horrible offensive player and a below average defender. The chance that he, at 25 year old, can make a humongous leap forward is minuscule.

I expect he will be an end-of-bench player or out of the league within 3 years.

Comment

)slightly off topic but just seeing the most common starting line-up made me think about this.)

Yikes, Minnesota has a terrible roster. Even with Rubio it just looks very weak. Reminds me a lot of when Bosh was here on the Raps. If they keep putting out average teams like that K.Love will leave the Timber-wolves after this contract.

In regards to Wes. Johnson, the guy is just a bust. looking back he shouldnt have been drafted that high . He will never be a star in this league at this point.
              Last edited by pesterm1; Sun Sep 9, 2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                Unless the Raptors are in tanking mode again, I don't see the point of acquiring Wesley Johnson.

Wesley Johnson played a lot of minutes in Minnesota and he completely stank. He was a horrible offensive player and a below average defender. The chance that he, at 25 year old, can make a humongous leap forward is minuscule.

I expect he will be an end-of-bench player or out of the league within 3 years.
                +1

Comment

Didn't he get traded already?
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He was traded to Phoenix. LOL.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                      )slightly off topic but just seeing the most common starting line-up made me think about this.)

Yikes, Minnesota has a terrible roster. Even with Rubio it just looks very weak. Reminds me a lot of when Bosh was here on the Raps. If they keep putting out average teams like that K.Love will leave the Timber-wolves after this contract..
                      except now they have Brandon Roy and Andrei Kerilenko. Plus Beasley was a cancer to the team, they're better without him. Now Derrick Williams can get more minutes. They've had one of the best offseasons IMO.
                      Their record with Rubio was solid and they were fighting for 8th seed, add Roy and kerilenko and subtract Johnson and Beasley , they're a team to watch.

As for Wesley Johnson, not interested. Hes a bust plain and simple. Raptors should never have a player with "Johnson" on his back.(no disrespect to Amir but he's overpaid)

Comment

Wes Johnson sucks, he's a Marcus Fizer of NBA draft, getting selected relatively high but can't transcend to the NBA level, i don't think he will do well for the Suns, could be on waivers.

Comment

On a side note, if you're looking for a 3, according to Doug Smith the Raptors have sent a training camp invite to Chris Wright along with Magloire as was previously reported.
                          Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Sun Sep 9, 2012, 03:48 PM.
                          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Landry fields is better than Wes Johnson. Why the hell would we want him?

Comment

Working...
                            X