Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The End Of Life...?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default The End Of Life...?

Alright, this is unsettling just to type about,but,curiosity finds me telling this.

Disclaimer:What you are about to read was actually experienced in a completely sane,sober state as fucked up as it is. It's not something that happened in a dream or a movie and it's not some dillusion.

Alright, I'm not sure how to explain this. So, I'm just going to start and make it straight forward.

Alright,so, when I was a baby my grandfather had a stroke. He was rushed to hospital and put on life support.My Nana(his wife) was told that doctors could either cut open the brain and do what they can and he'd live. But, he'd be a vegetable(have no quality of life). She said she won't do that to him and doctors said "ok,well we can basically comfort him until he goes". So, then all of his family was called in along with a priest(for obvious reasons). So, he passes and the family is given their own private room to grieve. So, we're in there and my mom realizes she's forgotten the baby bag for me in Papa's room. So, she goes back to grab it and my uncle is in the room looking out the window. They had yet to move my Papa's body. So,my mom bends down to grab the baby bag...and this is where it gets weird...my Papa's body sits up and my mom looks up,my uncle turns around and looks and they see these white lights and then my Papa's body goes back down and my uncle and mom look at each other in disbelief and never really spoke about it again until recently, seperate times. First my mom got drunk enough to actually ask my uncle if he saw what she saw and he said yes.

Then another time, my mom explained it to my dad's uncle and he said he experienced something similair when his mom passed.

Again, I'm not making this up as much as I'd like to. It actually happened. My mom has told me the story at least twice. It's so crazy and three people to validate it that there is no way it's made up.

It's weird as fuck. But, I want to know if anybody else has experienced this? and want anybody else who has to know longer think they are going insane.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i asked google.

He told me it sometimes happens due to a build up of gasses

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, apparently rigor mortis can cause people to sit up straight for a few seconds before going limp as well.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ya, apparently rigor mortis can cause people to sit up straight for a few seconds before going limp as well.
    Scientific explanation...explain the white lights than?

I figured gasses,but,the white lights are weird...

I've got a paranormal experience story as well. It makes me curious about the unexplained.

That story about the brazillian boy. I would have gotten him water. Maybe, it's medical negligence. But, they didn't do shit about trying to delay burying him.

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm pure atheist, although, I'm not happy about it. My studies and research have made me this way.
    Your story is pretty interesting, I wish science cannot explain that.

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to let you know that 75% of people are likely to experience something called a 'Grief hallucination'. It is very common around grieving families (You hear these stories all the time). The brain is very deceiving, your uncle and mom were rushed with so much emotion from their recent loss, and the suddenness of "wait is he alive still?" and the shock of the body falling back down, mustve been a hell of an emotional roller coaster ride. Seeing things like lights are some of the most subtle of hallucinations, some people claim to have been sleeping with their recently dead partners all night, "what do you mean their in the morgue?!", I suggest not getting to caught up on what happened behind the scenes (Gas in a cadaver, family members hallucinating are your explanations), this is a very usual occurrence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I would like to let you know that 75% of people are likely to experience something called a 'Grief hallucination'. It is very common around grieving families (You hear these stories all the time). The brain is very deceiving, your uncle and mom were rushed with so much emotion from their recent loss, and the suddenness of "wait is he alive still?" and the shock of the body falling back down, mustve been a hell of an emotional roller coaster ride. Seeing things like lights are some of the most subtle of hallucinations, some people claim to have been sleeping with their recently dead partners all night, "what do you mean their in the morgue?!", I suggest not getting to caught up on what happened behind the scenes (Gas in a cadaver, family members hallucinating are your explanations), this is a very usual occurrence.
    I would agree with you. But, it's my uncle by marriage, like he married my mom's sister. Plus, he's a guy. I know it sounds bad,but, you aren't going to be as emotionally fucked up when it's not your parent or blood relation.

So, I don't think the grief hallucination is as good an explanation as it sometimes is.

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Well I'm pure atheist, although, I'm not happy about it. My studies and research have made me this way.
    Your story is pretty interesting, I wish science cannot explain that.
    I used to be athiest, but now I just believe there is so much out there that we will never know about, so I believe there is something, even if it is not 'god'. Sure you can say evolution, but how did the first spark of life start? Someone put it here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    I used to be athiest, but now I just believe there is so much out there that we will never know about, so I believe there is something, even if it is not 'god'. Sure you can say evolution, but how did the first spark of life start? Someone put it here.
    so, you're agnostic. ie/ you're not sure, and you're cool with not being sure.

welcome to the club... we're the switzerland of theology.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    so, you're agnostic. ie/ you're not sure, and you're cool with not being sure.

welcome to the club... we're the switzerland of theology.
    i'm not cool with it. But, I accept it. I still would want to know if there was any way I could while still being "alive".
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    i'm not cool with it. But, I accept it. I still would want to know if there was any way I could while still being "alive".
    meh... there's many things in life i will never understand... i'm cool with dying never knowing differential geometry, or probabalistic number theory...

and those things are in books... i CAN figure those things out...

so something that isn't so straight forward as opening a book.... naaaah.. dont care..

worry about the small picture... what's in front of you, who's in front of you, how to not be dick, etc... don't worry about the big picture..

the big picture is just the sum of all the small pictures anyways

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    Inflation is the key!

Post Thanks / Like

It's weird as fuck. But, I want to know if anybody else has experienced this? and want anybody else who has to know longer think they are going insane.
    There was a scientific study done years ago and they basically weighed a body before and after death. The body actually loses some mass immediately after death and they were not able to explain concretely what was happening. Ponder that one for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    There was a scientific study done years ago and they basically weighed a body before and after death. The body actually loses some mass immediately after death and they were not able to explain concretely what was happening. Ponder that one for a while.
    you serious?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

you serious?
    Google it.

Science can't prove we really exist, let alone that this is all we are, rubbed out in a seemingly meaningless instance.

Mainstream science itself is essentially a religion, worshiping their own dogma. Many of the things science holds dear are theories, not facts.

Post Thanks / Like

Google it.

Science can't prove we really exist, let alone that this is all we are, rubbed out in a seemingly meaningless instance.

Mainstream science itself is essentially a religion, worshiping their own dogma. Many of the things science holds dear are theories, not facts.
    I've heard this several times, there's different field of radiation for certain amount of time, but for the exact amount of time, what's most interesting. After it passes it instantly disappears. Interesting. But just try asking yourself simple questions, which brings so much confusion that you cannot start believing it, such as how our soul can have mind, sight etc, if it doesn't have organs, which function. Simple, maybe stupid, but too obvious. I may believe that we were designed by Artificial Intelligence, but that we are granted after life or soul, no. However, this fact doesn't make my life meaningless, I just want to enjoy the moment, that's the gift for me, I don't care what happens after my time's over

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    However, this fact doesn't make my life meaningless, I just want to enjoy the moment, that's the gift for me, I don't care what happens after my time's over
    i heard a song the other day that summed up my thoughts on this perfectly, in words that actually resonate with me..

If I'm a bad influence
    Then here's the great advice:
    Kids! Don't be a dickweed!
    Appreciate the shit out of the present moment
    And be fucking nice!

George Watsky - Kick Monday in the Nutsack

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Google it.

+1

Take the idea of the big bang. Heat caused expansion. Which eventually then cooled, and allowed energy to become particles. Random events and time took care of the rest. But where did that heat come from? What did it expand? Can anything (even if it has no substance) just have always existed? Or can 'nothing' even exist? If it wasn't nothing, but something and we don't know what that something was, where did that something come from?

For the big bang to happen:

1) either something or nothing simply had to always exist.

2) that something or nothing had a force that came from no starting point act upon it.

Why is that anymore of an accurate picture of the creation of the universe than (and amazingly similar to) God (or whoever) having always existed and at some moment in time willed the existence of the universe?

The big bang is absolutely impossible to believe without some form of faith. We can't know everything and need to accept some unknowns are possible - but those unknowns aren't (what science itself defines as) supernatural but rather natural?

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    +1

Take the idea of the big bang. Heat caused expansion. Which eventually then cooled, and allowed energy to become particles. Random events and time took care of the rest. But where did that heat come from? What did it expand? Can anything (even if it has no substance) just have always existed? Or can 'nothing' even exist? If it wasn't nothing, but something and we don't know what that something was, where did that something come from?

For the big bang to happen:

1) either something or nothing simply had to always exist.

2) that something or nothing had a force that came from no starting point act upon it.

Why is that anymore of an accurate picture of the creation of the universe than (and amazingly similar to) God (or whoever) having always existed and at some moment in time willed the existence of the universe?

The big bang is absolutely impossible to believe without some form of faith. We can't know everything and need to accept some unknowns are possible - but those unknowns aren't (what science itself defines as) supernatural but rather natural?
    As Neil deGrasse Tyson said, "God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance." Sure we do not know for sure how existence began, but we should for sure not be content with simply saying "God did it". Scientific ignorance really should not be a proof of God.

Thread Information