Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The End Of Life...?

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    However, this fact doesn't make my life meaningless, I just want to enjoy the moment, that's the gift for me, I don't care what happens after my time's over
    i heard a song the other day that summed up my thoughts on this perfectly, in words that actually resonate with me..

If I'm a bad influence
    Then here's the great advice:
    Kids! Don't be a dickweed!
    Appreciate the shit out of the present moment
    And be fucking nice!

George Watsky - Kick Monday in the Nutsack

Post Thanks / Like

our purpose is to reproduce and show our children how to live. So, as they can do the same.

that's the only thing I know for sure.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Google it.

Science can't prove we really exist, let alone that this is all we are, rubbed out in a seemingly meaningless instance.

Mainstream science itself is essentially a religion, worshiping their own dogma. Many of the things science holds dear are theories, not facts.
    +1

Take the idea of the big bang. Heat caused expansion. Which eventually then cooled, and allowed energy to become particles. Random events and time took care of the rest. But where did that heat come from? What did it expand? Can anything (even if it has no substance) just have always existed? Or can 'nothing' even exist? If it wasn't nothing, but something and we don't know what that something was, where did that something come from?

For the big bang to happen:

1) either something or nothing simply had to always exist.

2) that something or nothing had a force that came from no starting point act upon it.

Why is that anymore of an accurate picture of the creation of the universe than (and amazingly similar to) God (or whoever) having always existed and at some moment in time willed the existence of the universe?

The big bang is absolutely impossible to believe without some form of faith. We can't know everything and need to accept some unknowns are possible - but those unknowns aren't (what science itself defines as) supernatural but rather natural?

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    +1

Take the idea of the big bang. Heat caused expansion. Which eventually then cooled, and allowed energy to become particles. Random events and time took care of the rest. But where did that heat come from? What did it expand? Can anything (even if it has no substance) just have always existed? Or can 'nothing' even exist? If it wasn't nothing, but something and we don't know what that something was, where did that something come from?

For the big bang to happen:

1) either something or nothing simply had to always exist.

2) that something or nothing had a force that came from no starting point act upon it.

Why is that anymore of an accurate picture of the creation of the universe than (and amazingly similar to) God (or whoever) having always existed and at some moment in time willed the existence of the universe?

The big bang is absolutely impossible to believe without some form of faith. We can't know everything and need to accept some unknowns are possible - but those unknowns aren't (what science itself defines as) supernatural but rather natural?
    As Neil deGrasse Tyson said, "God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance." Sure we do not know for sure how existence began, but we should for sure not be content with simply saying "God did it". Scientific ignorance really should not be a proof of God.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We can all argue and provide different arguments, but in the end it's: knowing that we are not actually knowing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    but in the end it's: knowing that we are not actually knowing
    Or as Socrates would have it "The wisest of men, knows he knows nothing."

I seem to have missed a pretty heavy debate.

I think when we can acknowledge the fact that anybodies guess is as good as the next guys; then we are a good place to start such a debate. Until then, there is far too much rhetoric in the conversation.

I do believe however, that just as Greek and Roman 'Religions' turned into 'Mythology', so will that of many of our current Religions. Theology has been a constant in ALL of human history as a means of answering questions that just had NO other explanation. The minute one religion starts to be "more right" than an another is the day Scientific theory has been proven Wrong.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information