Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 - 11 Years Later

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9/11 - 11 Years Later

Where were you when you found out about the 9/11 attacks?

Do you believe they were even a 'terrorist' attack by Bin Laden?

Check out this awesome Time-Lapse video of 1 World Trade Center.

Going to be there on Thursday for the weekend.
    Have been many times to New York since 9/11, but never been to Ground Zero, so I'll be going to check out the Reflective Pools and everything.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I was in school and I had no Idea what was happening. My parents came to pick me and my sis up from scholl because they really had no idea what was happening or going to happen next.

Even though we're in hamilton they just didn't want to take any chances. It was scary with all the talk of them possibly attacking Canada as well. I remember for a long time after there was talk about the CN Tower potentially being bombed.

Alot of people suffered that day. It was actually incredible to see a plane go into a building like that. But, just terrible.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i was at work.... it was the day i learned we actually could get cable on our playstation tv

had to be sent home... at the time, my cousin lived within a stones throw from the WTC, and i couldnt get ahold of him... to say i was having panic attacks is an understatement

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, ya my Aunt and Cousins aren't too far from there either. So brutal.

But ya I remember I was in English class, and some kid was listening to the news on his walkman or some such... stood up and announced that the WTC had been bombed, Pentagon had been bombed and 16 planes were hijacked. Obviously not true, but I remember the amount of False reports that day were through the roof. No one really knew what the hell was happening.

I remember coming home from School and watching the replays on TV; and I remember seeing my mom bawling her eyes out, and the news casters crying.. just a completely unforgetable moment in my life. The whole day is just burned into my memory it feels like.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had first period spare, in Grade 11, so I was sleeping in. I woke to CNN reporting of a plane hitting the first tower and I remember thinking to myself "Heh, somebody's gonna get fired for that." Once I got out of the shower the second plane had already hit. I remember sitting in the school library (classes were unofficially scrapped...teachers weren't really teaching anything that day cause of this) watching live as the towers began to fall apart. It didn't really phase me at the time. I was still young and kinda naive, but the following years and up until this day I became a lot more interested politics, society, culture, and all that stuff.

Terrible day, not only from a human standpoint, but from a historical one too. Nobody wants to admit it, but they (the terrorists) succeeded in their objective. Look at us now: we're a few steps away from getting anal searches at airports, our governments are warrantlessly monitoring and tapping into our personal lives...slowly but surely the freedoms that we enjoyed are being stripped away in the name of "safety'...meanwhile you have those idiot Republicans down south still using 9/11 as a crutch for their own twisted interests.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually in charge of Emergency Response at a