9/11 - 11 Years Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 - 11 Years Later

Where were you when you found out about the 9/11 attacks?

Do you believe they were even a 'terrorist' attack by Bin Laden?

Check out this awesome Time-Lapse video of 1 World Trade Center.

Going to be there on Thursday for the weekend.
    Have been many times to New York since 9/11, but never been to Ground Zero, so I'll be going to check out the Reflective Pools and everything.

I was in school and I had no Idea what was happening. My parents came to pick me and my sis up from scholl because they really had no idea what was happening or going to happen next.

Even though we're in hamilton they just didn't want to take any chances. It was scary with all the talk of them possibly attacking Canada as well. I remember for a long time after there was talk about the CN Tower potentially being bombed.

Alot of people suffered that day. It was actually incredible to see a plane go into a building like that. But, just terrible.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i was at work.... it was the day i learned we actually could get cable on our playstation tv

had to be sent home... at the time, my cousin lived within a stones throw from the WTC, and i couldnt get ahold of him... to say i was having panic attacks is an understatement

Comment

Ugh, ya my Aunt and Cousins aren't too far from there either. So brutal.

But ya I remember I was in English class, and some kid was listening to the news on his walkman or some such... stood up and announced that the WTC had been bombed, Pentagon had been bombed and 16 planes were hijacked. Obviously not true, but I remember the amount of False reports that day were through the roof. No one really knew what the hell was happening.

I remember coming home from School and watching the replays on TV; and I remember seeing my mom bawling her eyes out, and the news casters crying.. just a completely unforgetable moment in my life. The whole day is just burned into my memory it feels like.

Comment

I had first period spare, in Grade 11, so I was sleeping in. I woke to CNN reporting of a plane hitting the first tower and I remember thinking to myself "Heh, somebody's gonna get fired for that." Once I got out of the shower the second plane had already hit. I remember sitting in the school library (classes were unofficially scrapped...teachers weren't really teaching anything that day cause of this) watching live as the towers began to fall apart. It didn't really phase me at the time. I was still young and kinda naive, but the following years and up until this day I became a lot more interested politics, society, culture, and all that stuff.

Terrible day, not only from a human standpoint, but from a historical one too. Nobody wants to admit it, but they (the terrorists) succeeded in their objective. Look at us now: we're a few steps away from getting anal searches at airports, our governments are warrantlessly monitoring and tapping into our personal lives...slowly but surely the freedoms that we enjoyed are being stripped away in the name of "safety'...meanwhile you have those idiot Republicans down south still using 9/11 as a crutch for their own twisted interests.

Comment

I was actually in charge of Emergency Response at a nuclear plant in Southern Ontario that morning. Soon as I heard I got together with the head of security and we started making plans. Disperse the crews, move emergency equipment out of it's home building and locate it at separate locations so we wouldn't lose all of it at once, call in extra response crew members. It was pretty freaky.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              I had first period spare, in Grade 11, so I was sleeping in. I woke to CNN reporting of a plane hitting the first tower and I remember thinking to myself "Heh, somebody's gonna get fired for that." Once I got out of the shower the second plane had already hit. I remember sitting in the school library (classes were unofficially scrapped...teachers weren't really teaching anything that day cause of this) watching live as the towers began to fall apart. It didn't really phase me at the time. I was still young and kinda naive, but the following years and up until this day I became a lot more interested politics, society, culture, and all that stuff.

Terrible day, not only from a human standpoint, but from a historical one too. Nobody wants to admit it, but they (the terrorists) succeeded in their objective. Look at us now: we're a few steps away from getting anal searches at airports, our governments are warrantlessly monitoring and tapping into our personal lives...slowly but surely the freedoms that we enjoyed are being stripped away in the name of "safety'...meanwhile you have those idiot Republicans down south still using 9/11 as a crutch for their own twisted interests.
              +1 I could not agree with you any more
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

i always thought it was an inside job by bush or someone. i was only like 4 or 5 when the attacks happened so i don't remember much. but i'm pretty sure the US would be on the case immediately if a couple of planes were highjacked from their own country and being flown towards NYC. They would be able to track them with like satellites or something you can't not know about a high jacked plane flying toward NYC. I kept hearing from people that bush planned the attacks so that they could blame it on the terrorists and have an excuse to attack iraq or afghanistan so they can steal their oil. Something along those lines, but i guess we'll never know the truth.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  ...I kept hearing from people that bush planned the attacks so that they could blame it on the terrorists and have an excuse to attack iraq or afghanistan so they can steal their oil. Something along those lines, but i guess we'll never know the truth.
                  Real life isn't like a bad movie. There is no government in the world good enough to keep secret such a conspiracy, if it had actually occurred.

Comment

Here is a video I came across today, with a very interesting point of view. This is for all the conspiracy heads out there, and for all who like to think critically. I know this isn't a conspiracy site but I think it has a bit of a relation to this thread. I wont keep you waiting, enjoy the video and If you like it please share it. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Real life isn't like a bad movie. There is no government in the world good enough to keep secret such a conspiracy, if it had actually occurred.
                      you never really know. There's a lot of shit regular people like us will never know because the media is controlled by the government. We will only know what the government wants us to know, there are many secrets that we will most likely never find out about

Comment

...There's a lot of shit regular people like us will never know because the media is controlled by the government...
                        The most repressive regimes in the world, in countries where they can really turn down the screws, where "disappearances" happen and where secret police are the right hand of the government, have been unable to turn off the flow of information coming out of the internet. The internet has to be considered part of the "media" now because so many people count on it for information (not necessarily a good thing, considering how many loonies are posting crap online).

Major media are hammering the various governments, their policies and the politicians every day. Don't take the easy way out and absolve yourself of the need to think by suggesting "...the media is controlled by the government."

That is a major cop out. You CAN make a difference with your personal choices if you take the time to do more than skim 15 second sound bites or video clips on YouTube. (Not you personally, but "You" in the sense of all of us). Pick up a book sometime and read it. Then pick up another by a different person writing on the same topic and read it. Now you are on your way to understanding what's going on around you just a little bit better.

"Flump!" (Sound of Puffer jumping off his soapbox)

Comment

I kept hearing from people that bush planned the attacks so that they could blame it on the terrorists and have an excuse to attack iraq or afghanistan so they can steal their oil. Something along those lines, but i guess we'll never know the truth.
                          Even as enemies are hijacking planes and killing thousands of people (and videotaping themselves gloating about it), we still see the next generation rising up and blaming it on our own government. It's a strange world we live in. The internet gives a soapbox to a lot of people who shouldn't have a soapbox, and they are capable of confusing a lot of people. I don't think the terrorists won that day, but we sure showed them how much disunity there is in our countries with the years that followed.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post

Terrible day, not only fromj a human standpoint, but from a historical one too. Nobody wants to admit it, but they (the terrorists) succeeded in their objective. Look at us now: we're a few steps away from getting anal searches at airports, our governments are warrantlessly monitoring and tapping into our personal lives...slowly but surely the freedoms that we enjoyed are being stripped away in the name of "safety'...meanwhile you have those idiot Republicans down south still using 9/11 as a crutch for their own twisted interests.
                            I'm sorry. But, that's among the most stupid things I've ever read on this forum. Now given I'm guilty of a few of those. Still...you really think "terrorists" went on suicide missions,let me repeat that S-U-I-C-I-D-E!!! So, there would be increased security at airports and paranoid governments! That's ridiculous!

This had nothing to do with the "terrorists" that hi-jacked the planes. They were mear lackies to what is known as Al-Quaeda. They were brainwashed and hypnotized to believe it is what "ala" wanted and was their purpose in life. Al-Qaeda's reasoning for it I can't say for sure,but, I imagine it didn't go exactly as planned.

Watch the movie "United 93". Although, it's sort of fill in the blanks on the basis of a true story. It gives you an idea of the air-traffic control team that day. It might also give you a little hint of the conspiracies as well. The "terrorists" did not succeed with their mission.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I wrote this last year:

http://www.dmytri.info/we-must-build...ccount-on-911/

In case anyone is interested. Probably wont be discussing this here. I'd rather learn about basketball from you all rather than face palm over what passes for political knowledge. (don't take that the wrong way, everyone has specialties, I don't actually think that everyone needs to study politics and are in any case entitled to their own opinion)

Best,

Comment

Working...
                              X