Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    6 guys at $30 a piece? Wow. That would be interesting to go into the draft at $20 to spend. But then again, 6 guys may be the key to your success. Great season once again, I will not be talking smack if I face you week 1 again!
    My thinking for the "at Least 5", is that last year I spent $149 on my Top 5 players (3 Keepers and 2 Draftees); so maintaining that $150-bill for 5 Players can work.

Furthering that thinking, I spent $171 on my Top-6 players; Only $9 off from the $180 Bill of keeping 6 players.
    However, $9 can be a big deal at the end of the draft ... so I'm torn on the 6-keepers. Like you said, $20 to draft with is a scary thought. Haha

And thanks man! I expect plenty of Trash talking from here on out from everybody. Comes with the territory after all the congratulations have worn off. Haha

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I want to keep only three players, but it's going to be very hard for me not to keep 5 as well; considering I got 5 guys in the top 25.
    Ya I've got 5 that finished in the Top 20. And that doesn't include Pau, who is easily a Top 20 player when Healthy (he would be my 6th). I'll be putting Monta Ellis and Eric Gordon back in the Draft Pool though, so there will certainly be some potential Keeper talent in the Draft.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Apr 9th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie skywalker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking about maybe possibly keeping Harden...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote skywalker wrote: View Post
    I'm thinking about maybe possibly keeping Harden...
    Not sure why you'd do that ... that would be an incredibly silly move ...
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

12. MangoKid
    11. JBML
    10. Raptor4ever
    9. Raptorsfan4life
    8. Mack North
    7. Apollo
    6. Skywalker
    5. Matt52
    4. WJF
    3. Drizz
    2. Soft Euro

Barring some major setback, itís going to be hard to see anyone taking down Joey!!
    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

FINAL STANDINGS

1. joey_hesketh
    2. Soft Euro
    3. RaptorsFan4Life
    4. Matt52
    5. Skywalker
    6. drizz
    7. WJF
    8. Mack North
    9. Apollo
    10. Raptor4Ever
    11. jbml
    12. Mangokid
    Btw, Skywalker, you were a lot closer this year. You even underestimated your own team ...

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why you'd do that ... that would be an incredibly silly move ...
    Silly moves is my middle name! haha

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, Skywalker, you were a lot closer this year. You even underestimated your own team ...
    Now that you mention it, looks like i didn't do too bad in the predictions!!

I predict that next year....

I will...

...make more predictions lol

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I\m just glad JV turned into a keeper for me. Not too sure what to do with the rest of my squad though.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Billionaire Tycoon Tucas has approached me and expressed interest in purchasing Apollo's team.
    He feels its in a great market, and has some great talent to work with and work toward a championship team.
    He was quick to act, and that shows determination and enthusiasm.

As with any NBA team sale/purchase, the transaction must be approved by the other League Owners/Managers; however it should be noted, that I vote strongly in favour of this takeover.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Billionaire Tycoon Tucas has approached me and expressed interest in purchasing Apollo's team.
    He feels its in a great market, and has some great talent to work with and work toward a championship team.

As with any NBA team sale/purchase, the transaction must be approved by the other League Owners/Managers; however it should be noted, that I vote strongly in favour of this takeover.
    Yea, he's good to go!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me. Tucas is a committed and passionate owner and would be a welcomed addition to our fine league.

My only question would be do same rules apply to new ownership as applied to old ownership, specifically can the new owner keep dwight howard and Lamarcus Aldridge for the $30 price tag OR if would new ownership have to pay $50 franchise price to keep each one (if he desired).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Yea, he's good to go!
    Sounds good to me. Tucas is a committed and passionate owner and would be a welcomed addition to our fine league.
    Thanks for chiming in on this one guys.

My only question would be do same rules apply to new ownership as applied to old ownership, specifically can the new owner keep dwight howard and Lamarcus Aldridge for the $30 price tag OR if would new ownership have to pay $50 franchise price to keep each one (if he desired).
    Good question. I'm willing to open this up to discussion, but I'd be of the opinion that, unfortunately for Tucas, the contract status of all Keepers should remain as is for new owners.

RaptorsFan4Life came in last year without keeping anybody (could have kept Kevin Love if I'm not mistaken), and ended up finishing 3rd. So keepers aren't the be all and end all of being successful and having a competitive team. And at the very least, Tucas comes in with some VERY tasty 'expiring' contracts that he can move for some other keepers.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for chiming in on this one guys.

Good question. I'm willing to open this up to discussion, but I'd be of the opinion that, unfortunately for Tucas, the contract status of all Keepers should remain as is for new owners.

RaptorsFan4Life came in last year without keeping anybody (could have kept Kevin Love if I'm not mistaken), and ended up finishing 3rd. So keepers aren't the be all and end all of being successful and having a competitive team. And at the very least, Tucas comes in with some VERY tasty 'expiring' contracts that he can move for some other keepers.
    Well, he won't be able to trade those contracts anymore, except the one he keeps for $50, which won't help a lot because it will be close to, or over, marketvalue. Unless you meant other expirings?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you. New owner inherits old contracts. Which means Dwight and Lamarcus would cost $50 to keep, but there are other interesting potential $30 keeper options on that team like Bryant and maybe even Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker and Anthony Davis.

14. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he won't be able to trade those contracts anymore, except the one he keeps for $50, which won't help a lot because it will be close to, or over, marketvalue. Unless you meant other expirings?
    Well did we not discuss the potential of allowing off-season trades?
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Well did we not discuss the potential of allowing off-season trades?
    That was Dynasty. Very different leagues.

Post Thanks / Like

That was Dynasty. Very different leagues.
    Hmm True. Good call.
    Well fair enough, I wouldn't be against allowing them in Keeper as well, but I guess its never been discussed specifically for this league. My mistake though.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm True. Good call.
    Well fair enough, I wouldn't be against allowing them in Keeper as well, but I guess its never been discussed specifically for this league. My mistake though.
    I think with Keeper we have a decent concept that's been going well for some years. No need to screw with it. I also like that having to trade or keep during the season only to lose (or pay $50 for on) the players next is good for competition.

I'm even thinking if we shouldn't prevent certain trades of keepers here, because it makes it very hard to catch up for other teams. E.g. if we trade Durant and Lebron and maybe even Chris Paul and Westbrook (and we should at least do the first one under the current rules) this makes it very hard for other teams to catch up to us because we used the right strategy to build a team and can probably be dominant (or at least on of the top teams) for years and years if we make the right keeper trades.

Post Thanks / Like

I think with Keeper we have a decent concept that's been going well for some years. No need to screw with it.
    Can't disagree with this. Thought it might spruce up the off-seasons a bit for everyone, but ya, if it ain't broke don't fix it I guess.

I'm even thinking if we shouldn't prevent certain trades of keepers here, because it makes it very hard to catch up for other teams. E.g. if we trade Durant and Lebron and maybe even Chris Paul and Westbrook (and we should at least do the first one under the current rules) this makes it very hard for other teams to catch up to us because we used the right strategy to build a team and can probably be dominant (or at least on of the top teams) for years and years if we make the right keeper trades.
    Not sure what sort of rule you'd put in place to mitigate this though?

I'm definitely in favour of keeping things as fair as possible, but I'm not sure putting restrictions on trades is the way to do it. I think opening up trades is the better way to ensure fairness and balance.

(And who says I'm even interesting in Westbrook anymore?? Haha )
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 29th, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely in favour of keeping things as fair as possible, but I'm not sure restricting trades is the way to do it.
    And who says I'm even interesting in Westbrook anymore?? Haha
    I'll leave it up to the other to weigh in on restricting trades. I think we did use the rules to our advantage by employing the right strategy.

Yeah, Westbrook ... I didn't want Paul for Westbrook because Westbrook was the most durable point guard in the nba. His injury might hurt me badly.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you. New owner inherits old contracts. Which means Dwight and Lamarcus would cost $50 to keep, but there are other interesting potential $30 keeper options on that team like Bryant and maybe even Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker and Anthony Davis.
    Would someone be able to explain this to me?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information