Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone is interested in D12 I'm listening to offers. I'm offering no discount, keep that in mind.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      If anyone is interested in D12 I'm listening to offers. I'm offering no discount, keep that in mind.
      My offer of David Lee (and his 19pts, 11rpg, 3.5apg and 79% from the Free Throw line) still stands. Haha

Comment

• No thanks. I'd much rather keep him an spend a little extra.

Comment

• Well now that Eric Gordon is back to his old ways (24 points, 7 assists) and paying off, I'm a little heavy on the Combo-guards, so I'll probably be looking to move one of Gordon, Monta Ellis, Jordan Crawford or George Hill.

If anyone has a need for a Combo-guard, let me know!

Comment

• Just out of curiosity... Did anyone think my Greg Monroe + DRose for Marc Gasol was lopsided? I know Mack posted that it was a weak trade. Anyone else think that this was a bad trade?

The only reason I ask is because last year i made a deal to get Rose. I was giving up Danillo Galinari and Jason Kidd, who were both having fantastic fantasy years and was basically getting Rose but after much discussion the trade was vetoed. To acquire Rose I had to work a new deal in which i gave up much more (Pau Gasol + Gallinari) for Rose, and i don't think Rose played 3 weeks for me.

As soon as i made the offer of Rose and Monroe for Marc it was accepted before i even realized what had happened. I blame it on excess Christmas cheer, but the truth is that it was a really awful trade.

So my question is, are we no longer discussing lopsided trades for the purpose of league evaluation and possible veto?

Just so I'm clear, i am not currently asking for a veto. As atrocious an offer as this was, it was me who made the offer and i'll live with the consequences. I am curious as to the way we are handling trades this year and how it differs from last year.

Finally, if anyone wants to improve their roster, just start trade talks with me. Apparently I'm dreadful at the trade game. I've been on the bad side, the VERY bad side of the only 2 major trades of the season so far!

Comment

• The purpose of the 'veto' is not for us to save you from yourself.

It's there so as to ensure that balance is maintained and everything is fair.

Last year, when you traded for DRose, you were in 1st and WJF was near the bottom (finished 10th).
              It would have given the guy in 1st, and even larger advantage, and was obviously a bad move on WJFs (who was NOT making the playoffs) and so we stepped in to ensure he got what was fair.

The initial trade was JKidd and Gallinari for Derrick Rose.
              The subsequent trade was Gasol and Gallinari for DRose and Caron Butler.

Fastforward to this year.
              You are near the top, and jbml (who stepped in for GM Melo and had no real Keepers) is at the bottom.
              In THIS situation, the guy with the better team is not getting the better player.
              In THIS situation, it seems much more fair and balanced for the worse team to be getting the better player.
              So I, and everyone else, let it pass. Thats how I look at it.

Comment

• Basically I agree with Joey. Couple of other points.

I'm more inclinced to look good at trades in which the team that gets the worst deal (in my opinion) is managed by a manager low in the rankings and/or not very active with setting his line-up. If those trades don't make a lot of sense I'll argue against them.

I'm ok with teams winning or losing trades (within certain boundaries). With most of the guys who played actively last year, there isn't a lot of chance I'm going to veto a trade between you.

In regards to your recent Rose trade; first of all you were very unlucky with the injury, however you probably jynxed it last year by claiming that Rose was injuryprone (which I didn't agree with at all at the time). I didn't think the trade was bad (or weak) at all. I interpreted it as correcting a mistake (being keeping Rose as a keeper) during the draft and using him to get a significant upgrade with Gasol for Monroe. Monroe is playing like the drop-off Monroe of last year, which is maybe a borderline top 70/80 player and Gasol is looking to be a top 15/20 player (at least) for a couple of years. Rose didn't do you any good if you want to win this year ánd it's up in the air how he'll perform when he comes back from injury. If he lost some of his speed, he'll no longer be a top 10/20 fantasy player. Monroe isn't playing like a keeper, so for next year you traded Rose for Gasol and that ain't bad at all. And for this year you upgraded Monroe to Gasol as Rose likely won't play during the fantasy season. That's not bad either. In short, I don't get the 'weak trade' part and wonder what kind of better deal you could have gotten. The problem, of course, is that Gasol is very very injuryprone, I give you four weeks tops. Enjoy them.

Comment

• Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts Joey and Euro!

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                    Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts Joey and Euro!
                    No problem man. Sorry you're not happy with your trade.
                    Although, as Euro pointed out, its really not that bad of a deal. You got someone who is Ranked 15th Overall for the season, while giving up one guy who hasn't played a minute all season, and another who's barely in the Top-100 according to Yahoos ranking.

Comment

• In other news... I have 3 keepers on my team that are up for grabs this year. If anyone from season 1 has keepers on their last year willing to trade I may pull the trigger. D Will D Wade and B Griffin are out there. I'm looking for all star keepers in return. 1 for 1 deals are more my style but I'll listen to any deals. Griffin will be hard to part with though and Cousins is next to untouchable. Let me know! I need a shake up...

Comment

• I am still looking to make a few deals. Rudy Gay, the Gasol brothers and Tyreke Evans are the main chips on the table. The only untouchable is James Harden, but even the great bearded one can be lured away for the right combination of players!

Let the offers roll!

Comment

• holy trade

Comment

• Matt52 wrote:
                            holy trade
                            I know eh?! Lol 10 players changing hands - That has to be an RR Keeper League record!

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I know eh?! Lol 10 players changing hands - That has to be an RR Keeper League record!
                              I believe it is only 3 off the NBA record that sent Shaq from LA to MIA - lol

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                I believe it is only 3 off the NBA record that sent Shaq from LA to MIA - lol
                                I could talk to Mango, re-arrange the deal, and add another 4 bodies to official paper work just to break records. haha

Comment

Working...
                                X