This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    That was Dynasty. Very different leagues.
    Hmm True. Good call.
    Well fair enough, I wouldn't be against allowing them in Keeper as well, but I guess its never been discussed specifically for this league. My mistake though.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Hmm True. Good call.
      Well fair enough, I wouldn't be against allowing them in Keeper as well, but I guess its never been discussed specifically for this league. My mistake though.
      I think with Keeper we have a decent concept that's been going well for some years. No need to screw with it. I also like that having to trade or keep during the season only to lose (or pay $50 for on) the players next is good for competition.

I'm even thinking if we shouldn't prevent certain trades of keepers here, because it makes it very hard to catch up for other teams. E.g. if we trade Durant and Lebron and maybe even Chris Paul and Westbrook (and we should at least do the first one under the current rules) this makes it very hard for other teams to catch up to us because we used the right strategy to build a team and can probably be dominant (or at least on of the top teams) for years and years if we make the right keeper trades.

Comment

I think with Keeper we have a decent concept that's been going well for some years. No need to screw with it.
        Can't disagree with this. Thought it might spruce up the off-seasons a bit for everyone, but ya, if it ain't broke don't fix it I guess.

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        I'm even thinking if we shouldn't prevent certain trades of keepers here, because it makes it very hard to catch up for other teams. E.g. if we trade Durant and Lebron and maybe even Chris Paul and Westbrook (and we should at least do the first one under the current rules) this makes it very hard for other teams to catch up to us because we used the right strategy to build a team and can probably be dominant (or at least on of the top teams) for years and years if we make the right keeper trades.
        Not sure what sort of rule you'd put in place to mitigate this though?

I'm definitely in favour of keeping things as fair as possible, but I'm not sure putting restrictions on trades is the way to do it. I think opening up trades is the better way to ensure fairness and balance.

(And who says I'm even interesting in Westbrook anymore?? Haha )
        Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 29, 2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I'm definitely in favour of keeping things as fair as possible, but I'm not sure restricting trades is the way to do it.
          And who says I'm even interesting in Westbrook anymore?? Haha
          I'll leave it up to the other to weigh in on restricting trades. I think we did use the rules to our advantage by employing the right strategy.

Yeah, Westbrook ... I didn't want Paul for Westbrook because Westbrook was the most durable point guard in the nba. His injury might hurt me badly.

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
            I agree with you. New owner inherits old contracts. Which means Dwight and Lamarcus would cost $50 to keep, but there are other interesting potential $30 keeper options on that team like Bryant and maybe even Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker and Anthony Davis.
            Would someone be able to explain this to me?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
              Would someone be able to explain this to me?
              I suggest you look at the first post in this thread, where the rules are posted.

Comment

I suggest you look at the first post in this thread, where the rules are posted.
                Alright thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X