Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 262

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S3

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S3

    Commissioners:


    • Apollo
    • Joey



    Contact with any questions not handled in this thread.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    anyone know how to check rosters from last year? I have been searching but cannot find it in yahoo now.

  3. #3
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Main league page, upper right hand corner just below your menu where you see "my team", "players", etc.

    Look for a drop option that is preset to say "2012". Pick "2011".

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Main league page, upper right hand corner just below your menu where you see "my team", "players", etc.

    Look for a drop option that is preset to say "2012". Pick "2011".
    thank you!

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Added Horford as a Keeper, upon receiving Matt Busers advice. Haha

    Am even considering Ilyasova, after Matt told me to do so as well.
    However, that was before he knew about the $30 price tag for the Keep.
    In Masai we Trust.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OK I am going to announce my keepers.

    Al Jefferson, Pau Gasol, Steph Curry, and John Wall. I did not want to keep 4 but I could not pick between Pau and Al.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    OK I am going to announce my keepers.

    Al Jefferson, Pau Gasol, Steph Curry, and John Wall. I did not want to keep 4 but I could not pick between Pau and Al.
    Solid picks. Will add them to the list.
    Hopefully Steph manages to stay relatively healthy this year.
    In Masai we Trust.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Solid picks. Will add them to the list.
    Hopefully Steph manages to stay relatively healthy this year.
    I am taking a bit of a risk on Curry, he shoots the ball so well when healthy that I did not want to let him go.

  9. #9
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    I am taking a bit of a risk on Curry, he shoots the ball so well when healthy that I did not want to let him go.
    Yeah, you just need to hope his ankles hold up.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Solid picks. Will add them to the list.
    Hopefully Steph manages to stay relatively healthy this year.
    I want all the players of my opponents to stay relatively healthy this year. Of course I don't wish big injuries upon those players, just a broken kneecap here and there.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I want all the players of my opponents to stay relatively healthy this year. Of course I don't wish big injuries upon those players, just a broken kneecap here and there.
    Can't argue with that. I've already got my Lebron James and Russell Westbrook voodoo dolls... er, I mean.. action figures.
    In Masai we Trust.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Maybe it's an idea to copy the league rules to the first post?

    If I'm correct, there are a bunch of players, now keepers, whose owners can't carry those players to next season. Only one of those keepers can be kept next season, for $50 on a franchise tag. From the now confirmed managers and keepers this is true for:

    Apollo: Aldrigde, Howard, Rondo
    Mack North: Wade, Williams, Griffin

    I'm up for trade discussions if you guys want to get some of the value over $30 you'll lose at the end of the season. The earlier, the better.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Maybe it's an idea to copy the league rules to the first post?

    If I'm correct, there are a bunch of players, now keepers, whose owners can't carry those players to next season. Only one of those keepers can be kept next season, for $50 on a franchise tag. From the now confirmed managers and keepers this is true for:

    Apollo: Aldrigde, Howard, Rondo
    Mack North: Wade, Williams, Griffin

    I'm up for trade discussions if you guys want to get some of the value over $30 you'll lose at the end of the season. The earlier, the better.
    Here's a quote from the rules... "Each player can be tagged as a keeper twice (ie: you draft the player, you play the season and then you use your keeper tag on the player so that he returns to your team the following season. You can do this two times and as such this will result in you being able to hold a player on your roster for up to three seasons."

    Since this only year 3 of the league, no one has to forgo keepers, or declare them to be franchise players yet unless they want to guarantee they stick around longer. That's if I'm reading this right haha

    But I agree Soft Euro, that it would be a good idea to post the rules in this thread somewhere so that we can all become reacquainted with them.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote skywalker wrote: View Post
    Since this only year 3 of the league, no one has to forgo keepers, or declare them to be franchise players yet unless they want to guarantee they stick around longer. That's if I'm reading this right haha
    With "next season" I meant 2013-2014. So I agree. That means tradingtime for 3th year keepers this season. And I'm Everyone's favorite trading partner.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    With "next season" I meant 2013-2014. So I agree. That means tradingtime for 3th year keepers this season. And I'm Everyone's favorite trading partner.
    That makes sense! haha i misunderstood. It happens all the time. Ask my wife! haha

  16. #16
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    With "next season" I meant 2013-2014. So I agree. That means tradingtime for 3th year keepers this season. And I'm Everyone's favorite trading partner.
    I'll be franchising D12 so Rondo and Aldridge are on the market if you want to talk trades. I don't think I'll let them hit the open market.

    Thanks for clarifying for everyone guys(SW and SE). We have a good league right here.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'll be franchising D12 so Rondo and Aldridge are on the market if you want to talk trades. I don't think I'll let them hit the open market.
    Rudy Gay falls into that category for me. This will be the 3rd season I'll have him and he's fantastic but i don't think he's worth the $50 franchise price tag. Rudy is super reliable, plays big minutes and is a stat stuffer right across the board! And yes that is a pitch I will be looking to move him.

    Wow i can't wait!! Apollo let's change draft date and draft TODAY!! lol

  18. #18
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry I'm late to the party.

    How many keepers do I get to select?

  19. #19
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Iknow 2 off of the top of my head - Bynum and Carmelo for sure. Not sure on Bosh, Amare and Kevin Martin or Jrue Holiday.

  20. #20
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ha, ha, on a more serious note I'll have my people call your people and maybe we can set something up to talk trade scenarios?

    One thing we need to determine for all teams is the keeper status of each player. Some teams may have final year keepers and not know it.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •