X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for fun and curiosity...

RMB (Random Mystery Baller) has the following stat line:

14.8 PPG; 5.14 RPG; 2.79 APG; 1.05 SPG; 0.56 BPG; 0.80 3PTM; .459 FG%; .780 FT%

What dollar amount would you place on such a baller?

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
      Just for fun and curiosity...

Hmmm Not sure where you are going with this .. haha But those are pretty good Fantasy numbers, but not Elite; so I'd say he'd at least be in the range of other Solid, but not Amazing players. Lets saay ... $14.

Also, factor in a 300% mark-up if he plays for the Raptors.
      Last edited by Joey; Mon Oct 22, 2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Depends.

Is he a rookie going in to 2nd year? 2nd year going in to 3rd year?

Is he a former all-star clinging on and turning 35 this season?

What position does he play?

There are variables.

But I'll play along and say we are talking about a player in his prime and a wing. I'll go with $6.

Comment

Age and injury history?

Comment

• For more fun and for more curiosity Seriously track with me... It guarantee this will be interesting.

All things being equal (age, injury history, your teams needs, etc.), which of the following would you be most likely to take?

Who would you be least likely to take?

Player A
            14.3 PPG, 3.07 APG, 5.61 RPG, 0.95 SPG, 0.55 BPG, 0.98 3PM, .449 FG%, .754 FT%

Player B:
            14.39 PPG, 2.39 APG, 5.81 RPG, 0.84 SPG, 0.61 BPG, 0.74 3PM, .461 FG%, .755 FT%

Player C:
            12.1 PPG, 2.31 APG, 5.31 RPG, 1.14 SPG, 0.82 BPG, 1.03 3PM, .460 FG%, .737 FT%

Player D:
            14.61 PPG, 2.83 APG, 5.46 RPG, 1.03 SPG, 0.56 BPG, 0.75 3PM, .466 FG%, .805 FT%

Player E
            14.3 PPG, 2.57 APG, 6.15 RPG, 0.95 SPG, 0.90 BPG, 0.78 3PM, .458 FG%, .743 FT%

Player F
            14.8 PPG, 2.79 APG, 5.14 RPG, 1.05 SPG, 0.56 BPG, 0.80 3PM, .459 FG%, .780 FT%

Comment

For more fun and for more curiosity Seriously track with me... It guarantee this will be interesting.

All things being equal (age, injury history, your teams needs, etc.), which of the following would you be most likely to take?

Who would you be least likely to take?

Player A
              14.3 PPG, 3.07 APG, 5.61 RPG, 0.95 SPG, 0.55 BPG, 0.98 3PM, .449 FG%, .754 FT%

Player B:
              14.39 PPG, 2.39 APG, 5.81 RPG, 0.84 SPG, 0.61 BPG, 0.74 3PM, .461 FG%, .755 FT%

Player C:
              12.1 PPG, 2.31 APG, 5.31 RPG, 1.14 SPG, 0.82 BPG, 1.03 3PM, .460 FG%, .737 FT%

Player D:
              14.61 PPG, 2.83 APG, 5.46 RPG, 1.03 SPG, 0.56 BPG, 0.75 3PM, .466 FG%, .805 FT%

Player E
              14.3 PPG, 2.57 APG, 6.15 RPG, 0.95 SPG, 0.90 BPG, 0.78 3PM, .458 FG%, .743 FT%

Player F
              14.8 PPG, 2.79 APG, 5.14 RPG, 1.05 SPG, 0.56 BPG, 0.80 3PM, .459 FG%, .780 FT%
              This isn't fun anymore. :P haha

With numbers that are all that similar, it's a wash in my opinion.

Maybe give me C, since he's the closest to giving you the golden 1/1/1 (stl,blk,3)

Comment

• [QUOTE=Maybe give me C, since he's the closest to giving you the golden 1/1/1 (stl,blk,3)[/QUOTE]

Then you would have chosen team MATT52.

Comment

• Each "Player" is a representation of a random team from our Keeper league. So Player C is a representation of MATT52's team, meaning the stats are the averages of all 15 players on the roster.

What i really like is the point you bring out about how the numbers are very similar, which means there's a lot of good teams out there...

Comment

Each "Player" is a representation of a random team from our Keeper league. So Player C is a representation of MATT52's team, meaning the stats are the averages of all 15 players on the roster.

What i really like is the point you bring out about how the numbers are very similar, which means there's a lot of good teams out there...
                    The only issue is some guys don't take a lot of shots (fg or ft) and have lower weighted contribution to the percentage and vice versa.

If this is the average, then I failed at my draft strategy.

But I am sure it will be a competitive year. I believe last year I barely got in to the playoffs after starting really weak..... and then I won...... yes, yes, I am a donkeyhole.

Comment

• And consistency and history? These are to be assumed equal as well?

Historically Vin Baker would be a great fantasy asset in certain years if you were to ignore all factors beyond recent stats.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        The only issue is some guys don't take a lot of shots (fg or ft) and have lower weighted contribution to the percentage and vice versa.
                        Very true.

This is not meant to be a science, but just something fun.

My biggest takeaway from looking at the average stats from 6 random teams roster from top to bottom is how close we are. I love that. Fantasy is never won on draft night. oh, and i love numbers. lol

Comment

• Compared to those stats, I probably got one of the worst teams; Panic Time!

Comment

• lol, totally forgot the draft. Well my season is already over. Unspent cash: $90 -_-

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              lol, totally forgot the draft. Well my season is already over. Unspent cash: $90 -_-
                              Well, I'm glad you're still in the league; was afraid you weren't after the draft. It's going to be very though for you, but an interesting challenge as well. It's a relative small league and there will be surprising players who as of now are still on the waiver wire. During the draft Skywalker it would be interesting to compile a roster strictly from the waiver wire in this league (because so many players with potential value were still undrafted) and see how far you can get. I liked that idea as well, interesting manager challenge. You get to do that in part. And if you see the challenge like that, it might be a fun season. Your chances to win it all will be small, but it's not a roto league, a lot can happen with good management and luck.

Comment

• Interesting trade between Skywalker and WJF.

Skywalker sends Brook Lopez and Gordon Hayward to WJF for Pau Gasol and Jamison.

I think in the end WJF will have the best of this deal (at season's end). Personally I'm very high on Lopez this year and I think Hayward is a serious breakout candidate. Lopez has good percentages, looks to be rebounding better this year (preseason), so I'm putting him on (close to) 20 points, 8-9 rebounds, 1.5+ blocks and good percentages. Lopez for Gasol might be almost a wash and Hayward is potentially a top 50/60 player this year while I think Jamison probably ranks 100 places lower this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X