Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S3

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Joey.

How about as your first official duty you open up spot a for me to have a look at some players.

Melo shows up I will sign out

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jbml wrote: View Post
    Hey Joey.

How about as your first official duty you open up spot a for me to have a look at some players.

Melo shows up I will sign out
    Didn't Apollo post the link to his team?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

yup
    i am looking to rank some players.
    You never know what will happen on draft night. I have more time for this on the weekend

Post Thanks / Like

yup
    i am looking to rank some players.
    You never know what will happen on draft night. I have more time for this on the weekend
    Tomorrow is GM Melos deadline. If I don't hear from him today at all, I'll send it tomorrow morning.

Draft isn't for another couple weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Well its official.
    Sorry to say, but GM Melo is out & Jbml is in.

We tried to give Melo plenty of time to get back to us, but ultimately we can only wait so long.

jbml, can you PM me your email address?
    For some reason, I can't just send an invite-link for this league.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

I've also gone through, and for any of the managers that had given me their keepers, I've entered those in already.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm in

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!

Post Thanks / Like

For all those iPhone users (may very well be on Android as well) I found a VERY handy app called Fantasy Monster.
    Look it up on the App Store.

It allows you to manage ALL your teams from all leagues (ESPN, Yahoo etc.) and ALL sports (NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL).
    You can can change your roster, add/drop players, make trades.
    But you can only add your teams once you've drafted though, so I've yet to confirm its as amazing as it sounds.

For $4.99 its not completely crazy, considering how much trouble it'll save me. And how many times it'll save me for last minute roster changes etc.

Post Thanks / Like

For footballers, Yahoo offers a free fantasy football iphone app that does the same sorts of things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    For footballers, Yahoo offers a free fantasy football iphone app that does the same sorts of things.
    They have the basketball App as well ... but only for sale in the States ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keeper, Franchise, Empty-Handed

This from last year:
    • Each returning team can use a keeper tag on as many players as they want as long as they fit within the cap.
    • Each player can be tagged as a keeper twice (ie: you draft the player, you play the season and then you use your keeper tag on the player so that he returns to your team the following season. You can do this two times and as such this will result in you being able to hold a player on your roster for up to three seasons. The keeper tag merely allows you to bypass the draft on a particular player twice.
    • Each team can franchise keeper tag one player. The franchise keeper tag allows you to keep a player for an unlimited amount of time. The catch here is to use the franchise tag again in the future on a different player you must either trade your current franchise player, drop the player or relinquish your rights to the player during the off-season.
    • You can choose to not use a keeper tag or a franchise keeper tag. A player who has been keeper tagged can be franchise tagged later provided you don't have a franchise keeper on roster.
    • $200(fantasy dollars) draft salary cap
    • $30 deduction in draft salary cap for each keeper tagged player
    • $50 deduction in draft salary cap for franchise keeper tagged player
    • Inverted standings used for auction nominations. (ie: last placed team makes first nomination, first place team makes third last nomination, with the two new teams making the last two player nominations. When I say "nomination" I mean the selection of the next player to be bid on in the live auction draft.)
    Source: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2

This year's keepers: http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...4/draftresults

A keeper tag can only be used twice. A franchise tag can be used forever but a player who is franchised can't be un-franchised without being cut or traded from the team. Therefore teams on notice:
    • Me, I need to decide on if I want to retain D12 and/or Aldridge beyond this season with a $50 franchise tag.
    • Mack, you need to think about what you're gonna do with Wade, D-Will and Griffin.

We have a whole season to figure it out but still I want it to be clear.

The rest of the returning members have not selected keepers or franchise players so they'll enter the draft with no advantage as is.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that Apollo! Was looking for a page that listed them like that, but didn't know where to look.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem.

I just wanted to toss it out there that D12 and Aldridge are available. I won't be franchising both at the end of this season. $100 on those two guys going forward is too rich for my blood.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure if i misssed something , but i listed two keepers on my team lawson and gordon

Post Thanks / Like

not sure if i misssed something , but i listed two keepers on my team lawson and gordon
    Are those going to be your only ones? Or are you still pondering it?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

pondering,
    sounded like i missed a deadline

Post Thanks / Like

pondering,
    sounded like i missed a deadline
    Naw man you're good; No deadlines were missed.

This Sunday is the Deadline to get me your keepers.
    You can either select through Yahoo! - Select Keepers, OR let me know before the 7th, and I can input those for you.

Post Thanks / Like

This from last year:

This year's keepers: http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...4/draftresults
    I set my keepers but they aren't showing on that list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drizz wrote: View Post
    I set my keepers but they aren't showing on that list.
    Ok awesome! And ya, they won't show on that page until I approve them on Sunday.

Thread Information