Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who are the greatest players by position in Raptor's history?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who are the greatest players by position in Raptor's history?

Who do you think are the best players by position in Raptor's history?
    My humble opinion:
    PG- Damon Stoudamire
    SG- Vince Carter
    SF- Tracy McGrady
    PF- Chris Bosh
    C- Antonio Davis

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
    My humble opinion:
    PG- Damon Stoudamire
    SG- Vince Carter
    SF- Tracy McGrady
    PF- Chris Bosh
    C- Antonio Davis
    Agreed on all except TMac. Although he turned out to be a great player, he wasn't a great player in Toronto.

MoPete and Jalen Rose both had far better years in Toronto. Heck even Walt Williams had a better career as a Raptor.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Jose needs consideration at the PG.

TJ Ford should/could have been.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PG- Damon Stoudamire
    SG- Vince Carter
    SF- Mo Pete
    PF- Chris Bosh
    C- Antonio Davis

Come to think of it that is sad, it is not much different from worst ever.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose at PG and I always liked Dough Christie on defence so I would give him the edge over T-Mac at SF. Christie had a great 97-98 season.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

pg- stoudamire
    sg- carter
    sf- mcgrady
    pf- bosh
    c- davis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Agreed on all except TMac. Although he turned out to be a great player, he wasn't a great player in Toronto.

MoPete and Jalen Rose both had far better years in Toronto. Heck even Walt Williams had a better career as a Raptor.
    i would give tmacs final year here as the best sf year we have had. and if not tmac i would go jorge

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i would give tmacs final year here as the best sf year we have had. and if not tmac i would go jorge
    Yeah, Garbajosa is the best SF in Raptors' history

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PG: Jose Calderon
    SG: Vince Carter
    SF: Jorge Garbajosa (I don't care, he was a superhero)
    PF: Chris Bosh
    C: Antonio Davis

Another interesting thought, to get an idea of where we are now, is to rank where current Raptors could likely end up on this chart. I could very honestly see Jonas, Lowry, and even Bargnani being in this 'best of' category.

The one that is most 'up for grabs' is SF, but I don't see Linus or Fields hitting that anytime soon.

Bargnani also has serious work to do, but leading the team on the offensive end for another 5+ years will have him looking good!

I consider Vince at SG to be almost untouchable - he did so much, so well.

In 2016/17 i'll be saying:

PG: Lowry
    SG: Vince
    SF: ??? Demar, hah
    PF: Bargnani
    C: Valanciunas
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Another interesting thought, to get an idea of where we are now, is to rank where current Raptors could likely end up on this chart. I could very honestly see Jonas, Lowry, and even Bargnani being in this 'best of' category.
    i think this depends on our future team success and those of the other players careers. hard for bargs to pass bosh in career achievements after what should happen the next few years. but if it's best years representing the raptors then bargs has a great shot and if we make the finals and demar hits a couple game winners so does he.

if lowry stays beyond his two year minimum he should supplant mighty mouse(it's really hard for me to say that. he was the only thing we had going for us then so i remember him extra fondly)

bigV should become greatest center

really seems like sf is our bane. if landy comes in and rebounds, cuts, hits open shots and plays d he might crack the garbajosa mysticism

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    really seems like sf is our bane. if landy comes in and rebounds, cuts, hits open shots and plays d he might crack the garbajosa mysticism
    If he comes in and plays a successful "Battier role" for us, for 3+ years ... it could be his.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

I dont know about that .. Tmac's last year, he averaged 17.7 pts, 7.3 rbs and 3.8 assist per 36 mins (on a pretty good team). Compare that to Mo Pete's best year of '05-'06 of 15.8 pts, 4.4 rbs and 2.2 assists per 36.. I have to give it to TMac. Also, if you remember how much he improved that last season .. they way he was playing come the end of the regular season if for sure the best that any SF has ever played for the Raps .. he has to get the nod to me ..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
    My humble opinion:
    PG- Damon Stoudamire
    SG- Vince Carter
    SF- Tracy McGrady
    PF- Chris Bosh
    C- Antonio Davis
    This team with all these guys in the primes isn't even a top 3 contender for the title this upcoming season. FML.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    This team with all these guys in the primes isn't even a top 3 contender for the title this upcoming season. FML.
    Lakers - vince carter and t-mac = more atheticism on the wings, its kinda a wash b/c the lakers have the advantadge in the front court.

Heat - Carter in his prime would be troubled against today's lebron, but he was an underrated passer.....t-mac in his prime is better than today's dwayne wade imo. better front court. (especially since the net difference is AD vs Joel Anthony LOL) better pg. to provide a scoring punch for the raptors.

so shutup already.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    Lakers - vince carter and t-mac = more atheticism on the wings, its kinda a wash b/c the lakers have the advantadge in the front court.

Heat - Carter in his prime would be troubled against today's lebron, but he was an underrated passer.....t-mac in his prime is better than today's dwayne wade imo. better front court. (especially since the net difference is AD vs Joel Anthony LOL) better pg. to provide a scoring punch for the raptors.

so shutup already.
    No you shutup!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

No you shutup!
    I will if you stop being such a miserable twat.

Post Thanks / Like

i would say this would be top5 in the league this year. tmac was incredible in his prime. arguable best player in the league. fantastic defense, great passer, dribbler, driver. only problems this team would have is vince on defense and damon against bigger guards.

damon was a conference champion, antonio was bulls/pacers war vet, tmac scoring champion, bosh is now a world champion.

i think you might have gotten it wrong when you said in thier primes.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I'd have to say it is. Carter in his prime was incredible, and T-Mac's best years were truly other-worldly. People often forget how good McGrady was, because of the playoff curse and the injuries. If he'd been healthy, he'd have been the player everyone compared Lebron to.

Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to thank the members who even bothered replying to your post, because it speaks to the quality of their persons. When you said this, you actually demonstrated not only ignorance of the Raptors history, but your complete lack of knowledge with regards to the NBA. In effect you have relegated yourself to the margins of Raptors Republic significance. Congratulations. It is extremely hard to accomplish all three of those feats with a single post. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey I've done a little research for you. Please go support some other team instead.
    http://celticshub.com/
    http://www.forumblueandgold.com/
    http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/
    http://www.dailythunder.com/

or if you still wish to support the Raptors, http://bleacherreport.com/toronto-raptors will be a better place for you.

Sod off, goodbye, and you're welcome.

Thread Information