No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors season preview - hoopsworld.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one complaint I'd like to make is that in a lot of these season previews they mention that the Raptors were only a 23 win team last year, which isn't exactly a fair comment without the caveat of a 66 game season. They should be referring to the team's standing or winning percentage or even games under .500 and not just the win total which is a misleading stat.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      The one complaint I'd like to make is that in a lot of these season previews they mention that the Raptors were only a 23 win team last year, which isn't exactly a fair comment without the caveat of a 66 game season. They should be referring to the team's standing or winning percentage or even games under .500 and not just the win total which is a misleading stat.
      True. But if you go by winning percentage, the Raptors were equivalent to a 28 win team in a full season. Still pretty stinky.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        True. But if you go by winning percentage, the Raptors were equivalent to a 28 win team in a full season. Still pretty stinky.
        Which would have been a nice little 6 win improvement though. The "23 win season" has a stigma worse than "6 game improvement to 28 wins when extrapolated for a full season".
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I can't wait for the season to begin, I can't even wait for the first pre-season game!! I'm so excited... I just want to see Jonas on the court in the Raps uniform run around, score on a put-back dunk, hear the crowd react! OMG, it's so close and yet so... not soon enough. I want our new additions to be showcased and I want them all to do really well in the first game, I want our guys to show passion and energy right from the bat. Could someone fast forward a couple of weeks, please?

Go Raps

Comment

Thanks for compiling and posting. Good stuff.

After reading the blurbs and pondering the upcoming season further, my expectations are starting to become more clear. We're going to be improved from a talent perspective, and we're going to be improved from a teamwork/coaching perspective. But it feels one year early for us to make an impact. We've got too many young, inexperienced pieces; we're still a little more potential than substance. We need another year of overcoming adversity, establishing team solidarity and learning how to win.

This will be a year of a solid, well coached young team competing heartily with more talented, veteran squads. We'll fall short, learn our lessons, and remain positioned to entrench ourselves as a playoff team in the years to come.

It will be 5 years in the lottery, so we really need to show some moxy this year to keep fan interest up. Seems like this team and this coach could make that happen.

Comment

Perhaps I'm being a bit over optimistic, but the way I see it there is a decent chance that one of our two rookies (okay 3 if you count Acy, but I'm not) might be able to make an impact this season. If that is the case and either Val or T. Ross can have an impact on the team this season I think we may have a legit shot at .500 this season or dare I say better.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
                Thanks for compiling and posting. Good stuff.

After reading the blurbs and pondering the upcoming season further, my expectations are starting to become more clear. We're going to be improved from a talent perspective, and we're going to be improved from a teamwork/coaching perspective. But it feels one year early for us to make an impact. We've got too many young, inexperienced pieces; we're still a little more potential than substance. We need another year of overcoming adversity, establishing team solidarity and learning how to win.

This will be a year of a solid, well coached young team competing heartily with more talented, veteran squads. We'll fall short, learn our lessons, and remain positioned to entrench ourselves as a playoff team in the years to come.

It will be 5 years in the lottery, so we really need to show some moxy this year to keep fan interest up. Seems like this team and this coach could make that happen.
                solid post.

I am really hoping for 8th seed but the reality might be above.

Comment

I would almost prefer (in a way) that they just miss the playoffs, so we can get back some certainty back in our future 1st round picks. That's an asset we would likely need to acquire a very good wing.

Comment

If we "just" miss the play off but end up in the lotto then Houston gets our pick. Would love that they got it this year and something terrible happenned to a key guy in the Wiggins year. Wiggins on Raps is >>>>>>>>>>than anything else that this team has going for it atm.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X