ESPN rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    It's really funny that the Heat have a player at the 500 spot and potentially at the #1 spot
    potentially?

Comment

Not Raps related, but I think Will Barton's gonna be a serious player, or at a minimum an above-average sub.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
        I would be shocked if both Bargs and Lowry were not in the top 100. I think the only thing that could hold AB back would be his injury from last season limiting his exposure.
        Bargs was #60-something last year, if Memory serves me.
        Demar finished at #101.
        Don't remember what Lowry was, but definitely will be our highest ranked player, and I'd have to imagine Bargs gets a bit more respect after his decent play last year.

[CORRECTION]
        Just checked, Lowry got #66. (Link)
        Bargs got #81. (Link)
        Jose got #148 (Link)
        Demar DID in fact get #101. (Link)
        JV got #313 (Link)
        Landry Fields got #128 (Link)

I wonder where JV will be ranked? Top 300? 200?
        Last year they had him at like #315 or something. I'm curious as well to see where they decide to throw him in.

These player Rankings are STUPID. But it generates a RIDICULOUS amount of exposure for ESPN, so I'm not surprised they're turning this into a regular yearly thing.
        Last edited by Joey; Sat Aug 18, 2012, 11:12 AM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Demar DID in fact get #101.
          Given that at least some of DD ranking last year was based upon potential, I would not be shocked if he falls in this year's rankings. Also consider his diminished exposure for not having been in the dunk contest last year

These player Rankings are STUPID. But it generates a RIDICULOUS amount of exposure for ESPN, so I'm not surprised they're turning this into a regular yearly thing.
          Stupid, no doubt, but a little fun too and they give us something to read and discuss during the dog days of summer.

Comment

This is the dumbest rankings ever. Quincy Acy is apparently better than Alan Anderson.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
              This is the dumbest rankings ever. Quincy Acy is apparently better than Alan Anderson.
              Lmao.

Comment

Paradigm Shift wrote: View Post
                Given that at least some of DD ranking last year was based upon potential, I would not be shocked if he falls in this year's rankings. Also consider his diminished exposure for not having been in the dunk contest last year.
                I would think USA Select Team member > dunk contest participant. If DD drops it's because he didn't significantly improve last season, or...there are more players that are better him. This whole listing is pretty arbitrary!

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                  potentially?

It's ESPN. They'll pull a "shocker" and announce that Jeremy Lin is the best in the league or something.
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

[CORRECTION]
                    Just checked, Lowry got #66. (Link)
                    Bargs got #81. (Link)
                    Jose got #148 (Link)
                    Demar DID in fact get #101. (Link)
                    JV got #313 (Link)
                    Landry Fields got #128 (Link)
                    My mistake.

Comment

when does the next set of rankings come out?
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Just like people here predicting every stat for every Raptor, ESPN is desperate for something NBA related to talk about.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                          Just like people here predicting every stat for every Raptor, ESPN is desperate for something NBA related to talk about.
                          We all are!

Comment

I honestly love this list, gives me some good secret picks for fantasy league (can't wait for that to start).

So here is what I've noticed:

- Mikki Moore...ummm, really? Why not throw Voshon Leonard in there...pretty sure Mikki ain't coming back to the league

- Morris Almond...has he ever been in the league? Also he must be getting up there in age, non?

- Bernard James is one slot ahead of Acy, not going to lie, my gut is telling me that Bernard James is going to have a good year. Oldest in the draft (27) but a big beast of a body (I know that doesn't mean much). Just my hunch

- How on earth can Brian Cardinal have a better rating than Eddy Curry, Mike Bibby, or Juwan Howard. I get that these guys didn't have a great season...but c'mon, Brian fricking Cardinal!??!?! I now need to see Acy poster that guy...MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Can't wait for the rest of the list.
                            i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

deleted. didnt see they are still counting down. stupid twitter
                              Last edited by Miekenstien; Mon Aug 20, 2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Continued...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...nkings-381-400
                                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Working...
                                X