No announcement yet.

ESPN rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe they've got Gary Neal ahead of Barbosa. Thats ridiculous.

This list is frustrating the HELL out of me. haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      I can't believe they've got Gary Neal ahead of Barbosa. Thats ridiculous.

This list is frustrating the HELL out of me. haha
      Neal was good with the Spurs

Comment

DG88 wrote: View Post
        Neal was good with the Spurs
        And Barbosa was better for the Raptors.

Thats what I hate about these, is that they are likely taking into consideration Team and Salary, and yet this whole thing is to determine a players 'Individual Quality'. Doesn't make any sense.

Comment

And Barbosa was better for the Raptors.
          No, not really.

Comment

well glad to see Mike Dunleavy above Jose or Amir on this list. Its deserved.

Its not like he averages under 60 games a season, has played less than 30 min a game over the last 3 years, has a lower PER, WP etc, or is older than both those guys.......

and all at the handy price of $10 mil a year.

sorry what was the criteria again?

Comment

Hahah I know man. I couldn't believe I saw Dunleavy there. Ugh.

This is what we get for being Raptors fans.
              ESPN (and most American media) neglecting to ever actually watch any of our games, but still manage to pass judgement on the team and players.

Comment

Demar Derozan will officially be ranked higher than Vince Carter. Vince just got ranked #121.

According to ESPN, we've got two of the Top 120 players in the league ... not bad, I guess, right?

Comment

Upon discussing who in the 151-200 range, will most unhappy about their ranking, Zach Harper from SI.com had this to say:

Zach Harper, Daily Dime Live: Jerryd Bayless. He's seemingly never happy about anything and will undoubtedly use this as motivation. He's like the anti-Vince Carter. And speaking of Vince ...
                  Lifelong VC fan, always will be; but I love to hear things like this. haha

He then followed it up by answering "Most disappointing Player in the 121-150 range" with:

Zach Harper, Daily Dime Live: It's still Vince Carter. Even though he's 34 years old, he should still be a lot more productive than he is. When guys such as Reggie Miller, Ray Allen and Clyde Drexler were his age, they put up impressive and productive seasons. Vince managed to have by far the worst season of his career last year. We'll always be left wishing he cared more than we do.
                  Amen, sir. Amen.
                  Last edited by Joey; Mon Sep 26, 2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Upon discussing who in the 151-200 range, will most unhappy about their ranking, Zach Harper from SI.com had this to say:

Lifelong VC fan, always will be; but I love to hear things like this. haha

He then followed it up by answering "Most disappointing Player in the 121-150 range" with:

Amen, sir. Amen.
                    Funny!
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Well ESPN went ahead and ruined the Surprise.

They haven't even finished the countdown to 101, and yet they're already having a Roundtable discussing who deserved to be in the Top 100:
                      James Ham, Cowbell Kingdom: DeMar DeRozan clearly should have been ranked higher in my opinion. I expect huge numbers in 2011-12 from the high-flying third-year guard out of USC. DeRozan improved in almost every category last season except 3-point shooting, something I'm sure he's working on this offseason.
                      So we don't yet know where Demar will land, but it's going to come within the next few spots being announced today.
                      I think he got hosed. Still, he's ahead of some pretty quality players as well ...

Also, when discussing which player will rise the highest that is NOT in the Top 100, we get:
                      Tom Haberstroh, ESPN.com: Jonas Valanciunas (No. 313). Key word: eventually. No one in the 2011 draft has a higher ceiling than this guy. As an 18-year-old in the Euroleague last season, he averaged 7.6 points and 5.4 rebounds in 14.9 minutes per game on 71 percent shooting. Translated to 40 minutes per game? 20 points and 15 rebounds. Not bad, kiddo.
                      So a little bit of Raptor love, even though we've only got one guy in the Top 100, and many around here probably don't even think he should be.

Good ol' Mr. Andrea Bargs. How high will you rise, sir? How high, indeed.
                      Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 27, 2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

What's also quite humorous about this whole "Top 500 players" is that with a Roster Limit of 15 players, and only 30 teams, there SHOULD only be 450 players to rank ... I'm confused.

Comment

What's also quite humorous about this whole "Top 500 players" is that with a Roster Limit of 15 players, and only 30 teams, there SHOULD only be 450 players to rank ... I'm confused.
                          With free agents (some of whom won't ever play in the NBA again) and rookies who have yet to play, there are more than 450 players to rank.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            With free agents (some of whom won't ever play in the NBA again) and rookies who have yet to play, there are more than 450 players to rank.
                            Indeed. I guess we've already discussed how silly it is to include the rookies on a list like this.
                            But even the free agents. How can one speculate the quality of play from a player, if they can't even tell you which team they will play for? Its ludicrous.

I think SI.com had it right by ranking the Top 100 and having an "Outside Looking In" as well.
                            ESPN just has to over-do things. As usual. Haha

Comment

Derozan in at 101.

Fair ranking I guess.

Give the man some time though and he'll be flying up the charts.

Comment

Derozan in at 101.

Fair ranking I guess.

Give the man some time though and he'll be flying up the charts.

Yeah I think thats a fair spot for Derozan... if not a big high.

Thought this was funny though:

DeMar DeRozan clearly should have been ranked higher in my opinion. I expect huge numbers in 2011-12
                                and here I thought this was based on how good they are right now...............

Comment

Working...
                                X