Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Kyle Lowry.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    Rondo, Lowry, and Bargs...
    Yeah, we hear about Bargnani, Rondo, Gay, Aldridge, Roy, etc. in the endless debate about who Colangelo should've drafted (using hindsight, of course ). But for whatever reason, Lowry's name has yet to pop up.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I'm too excited for his play, and for the first time, I won't be screaming. HELP SIDE! HELP SIDE!
    ^^this.
    Number of times I've lost my voice yelling at Bargs to TURN AROUND! It just occurred to me that Calderon and Bargs might have been the worst defensive point - big combo defensively in the league.

Of all the people to stem the torrid flow of drives from the top, Bargnani might have been the worst. And vice verca.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I didn't realize they were the same draft class. To Rondo's credit, it seems like we've been hearing his name for much longer than Lowry's (partially explained by Boston's success, and their home in the Atlantic division in general).
    Yeah, Rondo went 21st to Phoenix(traded to boston) and Lowry went 24th to Memphis. Rondo was pretty much given the keys while Memphis already had there PG of the future Mike Conley.

mcsemcp73

Great highlights

Raptors Republic Rookie Sheptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry is going to be phenomenal for us but I think a lot of people are over estimating what he`s going to be. Seems like everyone has him slated as all-star and automatically Raptors best player. Andrea still has the best chance next year at a reserve spot in the all-star game and is still the teams best player and number one option. Notice how I didn`t say franchise player..because I hate that term and by it`s definition Andrea well is not until this season unfolds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sheptor wrote: View Post
    Lowry is going to be phenomenal for us but I think a lot of people are over estimating what he`s going to be. Seems like everyone has him slated as all-star and automatically Raptors best player. Andrea still has the best chance next year at a reserve spot in the all-star game and is still the teams best player and number one option. Notice how I didn`t say franchise player..because I hate that term and by it`s definition Andrea well is not until this season unfolds.
    Andrea is are best offensive player but, I think Lowry is are best all-around player.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Rookie Sheptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Andrea is are best offensive player but, I think Lowry is are best all-around player.
    He ha great numbers and is in a good situation and is entering his prime. His role will be to help lead an contribute in every category but e shouldn't be expected to become our "franchise" guy. If he thinks that's why he's goin to come here and do he needs to prove it to me first.

I'll admit I haven't watched a lot I him. I've seen all the vids posted here before ad they are impressive but let's but let's not act like they're spectacular by Nba standards. He just needs to lead and do all the things Jose couldn't, rebound get to the line and keep guys in front ofhim

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My only concern with Lowry is injury history otherwise I think he's better than bargnani in almost every way. Puts up slightly less points but almost as many boards(!) and more dimes, far better defender and never looks lost on the court.

Lowry has great hang time and good hops but almost never throws down. Not a big deal but kinda curious as to why. He seems to have the swagger in his game for it...
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    My only concern with Lowry is injury history otherwise I think he's better than bargnani in almost every way. Puts up slightly less points but almost as many boards(!) and more dimes, far better defender and never looks lost on the court.

Lowry has great hang time and good hops but almost never throws down. Not a big deal but kinda curious as to why. He seems to have the swagger in his game for it...
    He's a smaller player. You could say the same thing for Nate Robinson. Dunking isn't easy in a game, unless you're on a fast break.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't be happier as him as are starting PG

@Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Couldn't be happier as him as are starting PG

Great find! Finally get to hear from him straight up!

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems very well spoken. Certainly talks the talk. Crazy story about coming back form a blown ACL. Three months of rehab? Unbelievable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Seems very well spoken. Certainly talks the talk. Crazy story about coming back form a blown ACL. Three months of rehab? Unbelievable.
    Agreed, this guy is stubborn and will do anything to win. I loved how he also talked about how he and Coach Casey are gonna have their disagreements, and how they respect each other's will to win.

I already see a great chemistry building with Lowry and coach. He's gonna have a good year.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowry's leg

hmmmm....another one bites the temporary dust?

sports.nationalpost.com/2012/10/06/raptors-guard-kyle-lowry-nursing-a-sore-leg/

** not trying to cause panic. probably just a little thing
    Last edited by Jclaw; Sat Oct 6th, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    hmmmm....another one bites the temporary dust?

sports.nationalpost.com/2012/10/06/raptors-guard-kyle-lowry-nursing-a-sore-leg/

** not trying to cause panic. probably just a little thing
    Seems very little. Coach Casey said in an interview that the inter-squad scrimmage isn't too important, that it's just to get the guys running in a game situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me? Or does Kyle Lowry seem like a total douche bag whenever he addresses the media?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm probably the biggest Lowry fan, but he always has a tone and facial expression that says "Hurry up and fuck off, I have better things to do."

Now, that may be bad, because Ryan Wolstat already tweeted a bit back that Lowry doesn't like addressing the media (I'll find the tweet if asked), it could be good as well. We need someone who can shut a bitch up. Our point of attack has been so goody, and professional in the past I think it's about time we have a guy who can just piss opposing players off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Is it just me? Or does Kyle Lowry seem like a total douche bag whenever he addresses the media?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm probably the biggest Lowry fan, but he always has a tone and facial expression that says "Hurry up and fuck off, I have better things to do."

Now, that may be bad, because Ryan Wolstat already tweeted a bit back that Lowry doesn't like addressing the media (I'll find the tweet if asked), it could be good as well. We need someone who can shut a bitch up. Our point of attack has been so goody, and professional in the past I think it's about time we have a guy who can just piss opposing players off.
    I like what Lowry brings in terms of attitude. The media might love guys who are passive, polite, and respond to their every whim but it has hardly helped the Raptors record the last few years. As the late-great Owen Hart said, "Enough is enough and its time for a change!" The Raps could use a few guys a little rough around the edges.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus, it probably gets REEEEEEAAAAALLY annoying answering the same 5 questions for the past four months.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Plus, it probably gets REEEEEEAAAAALLY annoying answering the same 5 questions for the past four months.
    What did you think of Toronto before you got here?
    What do you think you bring to the Raptors.
    How good do you think Jonas can be?
    How are you and Jose going to get along?
    Do you see yourself as a leader?
    What does this team have to do to improve?
    How are you and Coach Casey going to get along?

Any others?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    What did you think of Toronto before you got here?
    What do you think you bring to the Raptors.
    How good do you think Jonas can be?
    How are you and Jose going to get along?
    Do you see yourself as a leader?
    What does this team have to do to improve?
    How are you and Coach Casey going to get along?

Any others?
    I think you nailed it!

The fact everyone of those questions appears in anything and everything Lowry related suddenly makes me annoyed with reporters too!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information