No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! dude you are the biggest flip flop ever.

Lowry had a bad game move on, everybody did.

Comment

Yeah, TRex, you're flippin' and floppin' everywhere sir.

Anyways, I don't think it's his fault. It's clearly the fault of Dwane Casey.

1. Dwane Casey asked Lowry to have a bit of "Calderon" in him. Lowry has clearly TRIED to do so. Problem is, his name is Kyle Lowry. Not Jose Calderon. Trying to integrate one certain type of game into another's isn't easy, and it just isn't Lowry's game.

2. With all of the guys on this team that need the ball, Lowry is being asked to give it up, and run the offense through system. Before Lowry came to Toronto - actually, even his first couple games as a Raptor - he is one of THE BEST in breaking down opposing defenses, getting into the lane, attacking, and pitching out to the perimeter. I think that's the best way to get this team success, Lowry attracting defenses, meaning help comes, pitch it out to either Gay/Derozan, and they have more room to create their shots, drive to the hoop, or swinging it to a side for a perimeter look.

3. Pretty much repeating, but since Casey has asked him to balance his game, he's been in far too much of a pass-first mentality. He's an aggressive point guard, who thinks "rim first, pass next", and I think we've been very hesitant, because our point of attack is hesitant as well.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Yeah, TRex, you're flippin' and floppin' everywhere sir.

Anyways, I don't think it's his fault. It's clearly the fault of Dwane Casey.

1. Dwane Casey asked Lowry to have a bit of "Calderon" in him. Lowry has clearly TRIED to do so. Problem is, his name is Kyle Lowry. Not Jose Calderon. Trying to integrate one certain type of game into another's isn't easy, and it just isn't Lowry's game.

2. With all of the guys on this team that need the ball, Lowry is being asked to give it up, and run the offense through system. Before Lowry came to Toronto - actually, even his first couple games as a Raptor - he is one of THE BEST in breaking down opposing defenses, getting into the lane, attacking, and pitching out to the perimeter. I think that's the best way to get this team success, Lowry attracting defenses, meaning help comes, pitch it out to either Gay/Derozan, and they have more room to create their shots, drive to the hoop, or swinging it to a side for a perimeter look.

3. Pretty much repeating, but since Casey has asked him to balance his game, he's been in far too much of a pass-first mentality. He's an aggressive point guard, who thinks "rim first, pass next", and I think we've been very hesitant, because our point of attack is hesitant as well.
        The thing is, ask Lowry to drive the lane and be himself doesn't result in kickouts, as per his history. We've already seen what he too often does in that scenario, which is grow blinders, put his head down and drive his way into a forest of bigs until his only option is to hoist up a prayer while twisting in some wild fashion. Yes, he's being asked to change his game, as in develop like many professionals do, especially PGs. That's not a bad thing, for him or the team. He's trying, but being a facilitator of any style is somewhat foreign to him. he's trying though, so that's a good sign.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
          The thing is, ask Lowry to drive the lane and be himself doesn't result in kickouts, as per his history. We've already seen what he too often does in that scenario, which is grow blinders, put his head down and drive his way into a forest of bigs until his only option is to hoist up a prayer while twisting in some wild fashion. Yes, he's being asked to change his game, as in develop like many professionals do, especially PGs. That's not a bad thing, for him or the team. He's trying, but being a facilitator of any style is somewhat foreign to him. he's trying though, so that's a good sign.
          Not a bad thing, but it's also clearly apparent it's not the best thing. If we get the play we got in the beginning of the season from Lowry, this team would play much, much better. Lowry is a good facilitator regardless of what way he's trying to play. Might not be as creative a passer, or as knowledgeable as Calderon is, but he is definitely a better, talented player than Jose, but we haven't gotten that side of him.

Comment

I don't know if he's the answer but he's who we have and he's not bad. Keep in mind that until 3 games ago things were working. Not only is it bad that we lost the last 3 games but the losses were to teams like Cleveland and Washington which is why the Lowry question may have arose. If so I don't think there's anything to worry about.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I wasn't over the moon when we picked up Lowry, but I was interested to see how he'd do. I'm also okay with the Jose trade and anyone who wants to rehash the lowry vs. calderon debate is wasting everyone's time including their own. Let's move on.

That said, Lowry hasn't impressed me at all. I'm willing to cut him some lack though because this team is kind of fucked in terms of facilators... Lowry, Derozan, Gay... and then add JLIII, Anderson, and Bargnani off the bench and who do you have to move the ball?

We someone how can pass in the starting unit and that means either Lowry or Derozan has to go, I'm thinking probably derozen. If you traded derozen for a guy who can pass and shoot threes then I think the offense in general is more effective. The only other place where it's possible would be to somehow land a PF who is an amazing passer and I don't see that happening. Bargnani to lakers for Pau would be great, but unlikely i think.

The honey moon with Gay is over and unfortunately the short comings of the line ups are becoming more evident. Hopefully, through more practices the team can figure out and Casey can develop more schemes that address ball movement.

I guess it sounds like I'm give Lowry a free pass, and I guess that's true... for now.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                I don't know if he's the answer but he's who we have and he's not bad. Keep in mind that until 3 games ago things were working. Not only is it bad that we lost the last 3 games but the losses were to teams like Cleveland and Washington which is why the Lowry question may have arose. If so I don't think there's anything to worry about.
                Lowry's doing his best to make this team move, but I really, really do believe he has to start being more of a score first guard again. He seems to better his facilitating because it comes to him, and it forces defenses to adjust. Whilst Toronto still has Derozan and Gay on the perimeter.

Remember, before Lowry came to Toronto, and the first couple games of the season, he was playing at an all-star level. This guy is a near all-star calibre point guard.

Comment

He's at his best in a drive and kick game, which I think we should adapt to. Unleash the real Lowry since he will never be Jose. He takes too long to decide what set to run and we start off our plays with 14 seconds left. Make it easy. He's more Ty Lawson than Steve Nash.
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    Lowry's doing his best to make this team move, but I really, really do believe he has to start being more of a score first guard again. He seems to better his facilitating because it comes to him, and it forces defenses to adjust. Whilst Toronto still has Derozan and Gay on the perimeter.

Remember, before Lowry came to Toronto, and the first couple games of the season, he was playing at an all-star level. This guy is a near all-star calibre point guard.
                    If shooting more is part of his natural game he should shoot more. Lowry is no Jose when it comes to running an offence but I don't think he's a terrible passer either. Just play his natural game is what I think Lowry should do.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

casey is a terrible offensive coach and doesnt know how to put guys in a position to suceed. he has failed to use bargnani and lowrys abilites horibly and asks them to be something theyre not. lowry more of a facilitator and bargs as a pilon/ floor spacer.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                        If shooting more is part of his natural game he should shoot more. Lowry is no Jose when it comes to running an offence but I don't think he's a terrible passer either. Just play his natural game is what I think Lowry should do.
                        That is the answer.

He has been asked to play Calderon's game (since well before the Gay trade). The Raptors have a coach who's idea of running an offense is creating opportunities for jump shots and - until the acquisition of Gay - had no one who could create their own shot consistently.

Lowry has been neutered.

Comment

i think Lowry is either hurt or hes unhappy with the coach..he clearly isnt playing upto potential right now..that being said im ok with giving him a chance..he has the tools, i wouldnt invest time into him though, by that i mean he should have a very short rope...if after 15-20 games next season hes still not gettin the job done id be looking real hard for a REAL starting PG for the future..were clearly stocking up for a run the next few seasons & we cant afford to have starters not contributing at there highest levels. PF spot is the real pressing issue at the moment

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            Another mediocre performance tonight by Lowry. He's been average since the Calderon trade and really he's been average the whole year except for the first 5 games of the season. No playmaking skills, overrated defensively, likes to play hero ball, makes a lot of poor/dumb decisions on offense and on defense.

Colangelo took a big gamble trading a potential lottery pick for an unproven PG and looks like it's going to bite him in the ass.

If you look at Lowry's career, he's been a career backup. He was a backup in Memphis. Lost his starting job to Dragic in Houston. Lost his starting job to Jose earlier in the season. Now that he's getting the chance to prove that he's a starting caliber PG in this league he hasn't impressed. To me he's looking like your protoypical backup PG. A guy that is more suited as a backup PG but will show flashes from time to time.
                            Name 30 pg's who are better?

Comment

Meh. Once Lowry starts shooting more and has a bad game with it, everyone will start whining that he should pass more.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                Meh. Once Lowry starts shooting more and has a bad game with it, everyone will start whining that he should pass more.
                                Not I. I'll just happy when he starts passing.

Comment

Working...
                                X