No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see Lowry leaving this team and will probably get a 2-3 year extension at the start of next season.

There aren't many teams in the NBA that are willing to give KL the starting PG job, and BC just gave him the undisputed No.1 spot after the trade for Gay.

Bottom line, He's here to stay. And no matter how good Gay plays in his final guaranteed year, he's not going to reject his player option that will net him over 19 million.

Comment

Keep in mind it could go vice versa as well...Lowry being here could convince Rudy to stay as well.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

You know what I am hoping?

Raptor fans don't get all paranoid and needy.

The reality is the new CBA actually discourages signing extensions. Guys can get more money as an UFA. Best thing the Raptors, its media, and its fans can do is make the assumption they are going to resign. Why wouldn't they? They are wanted, it is a young team, they can get more money in Toronto than anywhere else, and Toronto has a great fan base in a great city.

They are going to sign extensions.... book it.

It is a new day in Toronto.

Comment

I think it helps, in part because he's friends with Gay, in part because it makes the team better, but also in part because the organization has shown him loyalty with this trade. There's a quote that I remember someone (maybe a college coach?) saying about Lowry when we acquired him: he's loyal to those who are loyal to him. In choosing to trade away a very good, popular, and respected PG to hand Lowry the reigns shows just how highly the organization thinks of him.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            Keep in mind it could go vice versa as well...Lowry being here could convince Rudy to stay as well.
            Good point. It makes re-signing Lowry that much more important.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

They are going to sign extensions.... book it.

It is a new day in Toronto.
              It is indeed. As much as I don't want to get carried away, it's funny how one acquisition has made a seemingly hopeless teams future look good.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Of course, that's obvious, they're "brothers"
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Umm....really guys? Has Lowry won you over just because Jose was traded? He still has to convince me he's the PG for this team's future. He's still been really inconsistent and needs to prove he can play the way the team needs him to every night. And you know, the team needs to prove it can win with them, to some degree.

Comment

it's all winning and How much other teams will pay him. I think this summer we are allowed to talk extension with him but not sure. hopefully we can grab him at less than what we payed Jose.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      We should have an everything Lowry and everything Ross thread just saying.
                      We need an everything Arron Grey to. I watched the Clipper broadcast of the last game. They were impressed with the game he had & his numbers against Golden State.

Comment

Im not surprised with any trades or player demands anymore - its all business

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          We should have an everything Lowry and everything Ross thread just saying.
                          I already made it, but isn't active.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

HERE IS THE EVERYTHING LOWRY TRADE. Mods! Start merging!

I'm tired of seeing almost 40 Lowry threads... Sticky this up!
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Is Kyle Lowry the answer at the PG position??

Another mediocre performance tonight by Lowry. He's been average since the Calderon trade and really he's been average the whole year except for the first 5 games of the season. No playmaking skills, overrated defensively, likes to play hero ball, makes a lot of poor/dumb decisions on offense and on defense.

Colangelo took a big gamble trading a potential lottery pick for an unproven PG and looks like it's going to bite him in the ass.

If you look at Lowry's career, he's been a career backup. He was a backup in Memphis. Lost his starting job to Dragic in Houston. Lost his starting job to Jose earlier in the season. Now that he's getting the chance to prove that he's a starting caliber PG in this league he hasn't impressed. To me he's looking like your protoypical backup PG. A guy that is more suited as a backup PG but will show flashes from time to time.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X