Everything Kyle Lowry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I also take Billups' comments as positive feedback about the Raptors organization, which is refreshing to hear.
    It shows he's grown up a lot since the time when he hated being on the Raptors.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
      It shows he's grown up a lot since the time when he hated being on the Raptors.
      Agreed. I couldn't help but feel that there was a bit of regret coming from Billups. Probably a combination of considering the Raptors organization as 2nd class within the NBA and realizing how lucky he was that he got a 2nd chance to become 'the man' in Detroit. Looking back, he probably understands that he came very close to blowing his one chance to establish himself as a starter and a star... not many players get that 2nd chance!

Comment

• A lot of players that left the Raptors said they regret leaving, or that playing for the Raptors was the best time of their career.

Even T.J. Ford. yes. even him.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
          A lot of players that left the Raptors said they regret leaving, or that playing for the Raptors was the best time of their career.

Even T.J. Ford. yes. even him.
          I think it's natural for people to have a "the grass is greener" point of view, especially when playing on the only team based outside the US. I also wonder how much influence agents, PR reps, etc.. have in proliferating the biased view about the Raptors? If I was a professional athlete, I would dictate to my agent what I wanted and where I wanted to play and what opportunity I was looking for. I'm surprised at how often I've heard players, especially free agents, talking as though they had no idea what team they were going to sign with, because they were leaving it up to their agent to get them the best deal - purely a financial decision.

Comment

• I don't why anyone would expect 20-25 a night from Lowry, he isn't nearly that skilled offensively and he's really small

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
              I don't why anyone would expect 20-25 a night from Lowry, he isn't nearly that skilled offensively and he's really small
              I'd argue that Lowry is a triple double waiting to happen every night. He has learned (since returning from injury) not to just look for his own but to involve others first. He is equally capable of dominating offensively. Oh, as for his small stature, he's out rebounding Bargs on a nightly basis - just saying.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• I really hope that Lowry knew this without Billups spelling it out for him.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  I'd argue that Lowry is a triple double waiting to happen every night. He has learned (since returning from injury) not to just look for his own but to involve others first. He is equally capable of dominating offensively. Oh, as for his small stature, he's out rebounding Bargs on a nightly basis - just saying.
                  +1
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    I really hope that Lowry knew this without Billups spelling it out for him.
                    Hopefully but sometimes you need someone to tell you what is staring directly at you.

"Honey? Where is the ketchup?"

"On the top shelf in front of the milk."

"Oh right. There it is."

Comment

• Is anyone else anticipating Lowry vs Calderon as much as I am

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Is anyone else anticipating Lowry vs Calderon as much as I am
                        I can't wait. I have a strange feeling Lowry will struggle though...
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

One of only two games I got tics for this year. (Though more to give Jose a Standing "O" for than to see the match-up.

Comment

They better both be healthy. Those games are going to be awesome to watch, especially with Jose making his return to the ACC

Comment

I'm gonna look up tickets for that one right now. Lol.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I wouldn't get too excited. Don't know how much fire there will be between them....and both teams have nothing to really play for, so it could get ugly. Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, I just don't know if the other 8 guys on the court will give 2 shits about the game. Ok, we know JV will.

Comment

Working...
                                X