No announcement yet.

Would Josh Smith be a good fit in T.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like matt said, I'd definitely wait til free agency to try to get him but I've always seen him as a 3 and Horford as a 4. Even he's said he sees him as a 3. As a 3 he suits our team well. As a 4, pass

Comment

I like this trade if it comes with an extension.

Smith and JV make for a much more intimidating presence on defence. We would be adding and All Star reaching his prime that can make Toronto not just good, but an elite defensive team. We may lose a bit offensively, but Smith can hold his own and with Lowry, Ross, and DeMar coming into his own I think we are okay on that end.

Comment

No way, I don't like the idea of giving up Ed Davis and Bargnani together. Ed Davis has now had two straight seasons averaging a double double per 36 and he is getting the the age where big men typicaly start to come into their own. Josh Smith is a very good player but he is not that much of an upgrade over what he have right now and could be a potentially negative influence in the locker room.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Josh Smith will be commanding a max contract.. and like Bosh, I don't think he deserves it. He's a good player but not a game changer. He'd be a good #2 on a team but not a good #1. I'd pass. I'd rather give assets away for Gay who I think is a better #1 option, or swing for the fences and trade Bargnani with a lottery team in 2013 (Muhammad/McAdoo) or 2014 (Parker/Wiggins) and try to get a potential stud that way.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Josh Smith will be commanding a max contract.. and like Bosh, I don't think he deserves it. He's a good player but not a game changer. He'd be a good #2 on a team but not a good #1. I'd pass. I'd rather give assets away for Gay who I think is a better #1 option, or swing for the fences and trade Bargnani with a lottery team in 2013 (Muhammad/McAdoo) or 2014 (Parker/Wiggins) and try to get a potential stud that way.
            That's a good suggestion, but the only problem I see is that if you are going to play the lottery game then you're sending a clear message that your are still in a rebuilding phase. We are a little too far along now with the roster moves this summer to back track and rebuild. I was all for rebuilding through the draft prior to the moves they made for Lowry, Fields, etc. but now imo we're in too deep and we must move forward.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
              No way, I don't like the idea of giving up Ed Davis and Bargnani together. Ed Davis has now had two straight seasons averaging a double double per 36 and he is getting the the age where big men typicaly start to come into their own. Josh Smith is a very good player but he is not that much of an upgrade over what he have right now and could be a potentially negative influence in the locker room.
              I would hate to give up on Ed Davis as well as he's one of my personal fav's whom I keep hoping will break out. However, the team has been so bad for so long that you have to make some drastic changes. This trade isn't actually on the table, but if it was the opportunity might not come from anywhere else to make a drastic change.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                That's a good suggestion, but the only problem I see is that if you are going to play the lottery game then you're sending a clear message that your are still in a rebuilding phase. We are a little too far along now with the roster moves this summer to back track and rebuild. I was all for rebuilding through the draft prior to the moves they made for Lowry, Fields, etc. but now imo we're in too deep and we must move forward.
                The roster moves if you think about it were not moving away from the rebuild. We did trade a lottery pick for Lowry but Lowry is still young and I'd be far more concerned if he was hitting his late 20's early 30's. Fields has only played two seasons, and both JV/TR are rookies.. so it's not like we went and got someone like Pau Gasol or Paul Pierce.

But in reality I don't see Bryan trading away an asset to jump back into the lottery either. I don't ever recall him trying to move up in a draft. And Casey seems to like his veterans. But if some team for example has a chance to draft Wiggins and they'd be happy to trade Bargnani for him, I'd do it. I would rather take a chance on Wiggins then give a max contract to Smith.

Comment

I dont think its a matter of who's better between the two (bargnani/smith), but rather who would be the best fit with the core players. I think Bargnani, right now, is the better fit. he would space the floor, open the paint for lowry to penetrate and JV to work inside. I think Jsmith's jumper has improved, but not to the point to expect him to hit perimeter shots at a consistent basis.

If they get JSmith to play with Lowry, Bargnani and JV, that could be a contender in the making.

Comment

Toronto send Andrea + DeMar DeRozan + Calderon in the midseason for Josh Smith + John Jenkins

We make the playoff, hopefully face either Celtics and Pacers and beat them but get eliminated in the second round by the Heat.

Offseason, we sign key free agents: PF - Paul Millsap = 3 years 25mil
                    PG - Chauncey Billups = vet minimum
                    C - Samuel Dalembart = 2 years 8 mil

We give Josh Smith the max, 5 years 80mil contract.

2013-14 Lineups
                    Lowry/Billups/Lucas
                    Ross/Jenkins/Anderson
                    Smith/Fields/Kleiza
                    Millsap/Davis/Acy
                    Valanciunas/Dalembart/2nd rounder

We will become one of the best defensive team in the East. Our starting lineups + bench players can all play defense.

Comment

Cocaine's a helluva drug....

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        Toronto send Andrea + DeMar DeRozan + Calderon in the midseason for Josh Smith + John Jenkins

We make the playoff, hopefully face either Celtics and Pacers and beat them but get eliminated in the second round by the Heat.

2013-14 Lineups
                        Lowry/Billups/Lucas
                        Ross/Jenkins/Anderson
                        Smith/Fields/Kleiza
                        Millsap/Davis/Acy

We will become one of the best defensive team in the East. Our starting lineups + bench players can all play defense.
                        Who's going to score?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          hahahahahaha

+1

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            +2

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

2013-14 Lineups
                              Lowry/Billups/Lucas
                              Ross/Jenkins/Anderson
                              Smith/Fields/Kleiza
                              Millsap/Davis/Acy

Amazing, wow, this trade was absolutely great for the team. Yeah.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I'd never thought I'd say this but I like where tenforthewin is reaching for here. But that's b/c I'm hoping ed Davis can make the right adjustments, and b/c I believe josh smith is skilled enough to play the 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X