X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=72za8tn

Clipps could add picks

Must say that I'm not in favour of this trade my friend. From the Raptors perspective, C Butler would be great to have on our team but trading Jose is trading away our flexibility. By doing so we'll put the Clippers in the position('13='14 off=season) that we'd be in if Jose is retained. Plus they'll have a good young PF at a very affordable price. We on the other hand, will be stuck with about 10 million for another year. Clippers must agree to trade their '13='14 1st round pick if this is to be done.

From the Clippers perspective, if they are willing to acquire Jose, it would be for future flexibility which I don't think they require considering they are about contending now(they hope to re-sign C Paul). I say this because in C Paul and C Billups, they have one of the best PG duo's and Jose's acquisition would not serve any purpose unless they flip him to another team to address another need. Besides with the possibility of Paul leaving at the end of the season, they'll be reluctant to part with their 1st rounder.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

raps clips

I actually like that deal, if we could get a top 5 protected #1 out of it, I would do it. Finding Bledsoe the minutes he would demand is the coaching challenge, but having two young point guards is enticing. I doubt Butler would pan out, but you never know, if he came back to 75% of his prime it would be a coup, if not we have an expiring $8m in 2014.

Comment

I like this trade. But clips wouldn't add a pick. They really like bledsoe and he wouldn't come cheap. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat but I don't think clippers would. I'd imagine they'd want more.

Comment

I don't really think the Clippers would do this trade. Like Tucas, I would do this trade in a heartbeat! But for the Clippers, I don't really see why they wouldn't want at least a young SF back for Butler. I mean Grant Hill is a great starting SF, but he's 39. He's probably gonna retired next season or the season after that. That would seriously compromise their SF position in the future. As for Davis, I don't really think they would want him. I mean the PF position is already pretty stacked with Griffin and Odom and he can't really play the center position, which is also pretty stacked with Jordan and Turiaf. So as much I love this trade, I really doubt the clippers will do it.

Comment

This one makes absolutely no sense for the Clipper from my perspective.

Basically:

The Clippers have arguably the best point guard in the league in Chris Paul and he averages 36+ mpg. It makes a whole lot more sense to develop a young point guard - Eric Bledsoe - than to acquire another good veteran who would only see very limited minutes. The Clippers also resigned Chauncey Billups to a one year contract and he too can play point guard if needed.

Caron Butler is the Clippers starting small forward and although he was not a good player last year, he will either start again this year or see a lot of minutes if Lamar Odom is the starter. Their small position would severely weakened if they traded Caron Butler and did not get a small forward in return.

Ed Davis would play behind Blake Griffin and see limited minutes and that's assuming assuming Lama Odom sucks again or solely plays SF.

No way the Clippers do this deal.

Comment

hugmenot wrote: View Post
              this one makes absolutely no sense for the clipper from my perspective.

No way the clippers do this deal.
              quoted for truth.

Comment

Working...
              X