Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight

If we drafted either of the two back 2011 instead of Valanciunas, who would we have draft, sign for this season. My guess would be

2012 = Andre Drummond, Quincy Miller
    FA = Landry Fields
    Trade Gary Forbes + Davis + 2013 1st rounder for Wilson Chandler

Walker or Knight/Calderon/Lucas
    Derozan/Fields/Anderson
    Gay/Kleiza/McGuire
    Bargs/Amir/Miller/
    Drummond/Gray/Magloire

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

really wanted kemba. depending on draft position davis, t.rob, drummond, zeller

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we're better off with lowry, Kemba is decent, but he's really undersized and I don't see all star potential in him. And for Drummond dudes the boggest bang or bust prospect in about 10 years

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Kemba is just terrible. He's a mediocre scoring guard who can't pass stuffed into a tiny point guard's body. When he decides he's gonna make a move, he gets tunnel vision. I'm eternally grateful we dodged that bullet last year.

I also think Drummond's destined to become a bust. I don't even think he's got as much potential as everyone says. Dude doesn't have NBA coordination; he has bad hands and fumbles passes any decent bench big should be able to handle. I'd say his ceiling is something like Ian Mahinmi minus the jump shot, and his floor is Hasheem Thabeet.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were forced to pick between Walker and Knight, I pick Knight, and that is what I thought last year before teh draft happened, I did not want Walker then, and I don't want him now.

AS for filling out the roster and potential draft picks, you can't call that, would we have been better or worse with Knight, would Bayless have been shipped out early....too many variables.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    If we drafted either of the two back 2011 instead of Valanciunas, who would we have draft, sign for this season. My guess would be

FA = Landry Fields

Derozan/Fields/Anderson
    Gay/Kleiza/McGuire
    Bargs/Amir/Miller/
    Drummond/Gray/Magloire
    That's absolutely way too much to give up for Wilson Chandler. But then I guess we flipped him for Rudy Gay (according to your depth chart), which would be great. I'd rather have our lineup going forward still.

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kemba > Knight
    (Sorry for poor English )

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember being disappointed that we didn't draft Knight. In hind sight I'm glad. I guess that's the reason BC makes the decisions.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post

FA = Landry Fields

Derozan/Fields/Anderson
    Gay/Kleiza/McGuire
    Bargs/Amir/Miller/
    Drummond/Gray/Magloire
    I was major Kemba Walker supporter in here leading up to that draft. My feelings have not changed.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad we chose Val over those 2... More reason to be excited for this year!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Valanciunas over both of them. Kemba over Knight. Though Knight has presumably more potential, I think Kemba is just in the wrong situation. He'd be great learning from Jose.

Post Thanks / Like

I was a huge fan of Kemba, although like many said, Knight has better potential, Kemba has the pedigree.

A national championship, and a guy who is almost like Lowry in the sense of toughness. I was extremely disappointed hearing Jonas's name, but now, I'm quite glad we drafted Jonas.

That's why BC is there, and we're sitting here..

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a funny thread. Even though it's way in the past, I've been a long supporter of Kemba over Valanciunas and most likely always will be. If Kemba had come here though, impossible to know how things would have turned out. Also with a potential all-star like Lowry it's hard to judge whether we won out or not.

You could say this though -- if the Raptors were able to get a low-key type of guy like Lowry (a potential all-star for very little), then what's to say we couldn't do the same with a SF, which the league has plenty of. Now if we're getting a Lowry level guy at SF and not Landry (because we've drafted a PG now and won't be mistakenly trying to stop the Knicks from getting Nash), then suddenly this is a better squad than what we have now because an all-star point does not a championship team make as evidenced by the past 15 winners.

Hard to say really what happened to Kemba this past season. He shot horribly, but so did a lot of guys in this shortened season. Charlotte was just horrible in general though, and I doubt you'd find a single player on a 7-win team that had better than normal stats. I definitely think he would have benefited from Casey as his coach and tutelage from Calderon than from Augustin or whatever joke excuse of coaching they had in Charlotte. If anyone saw any of their games and paid attention you'd know what I meant by that.

In terms of where we'd stand at seasons end and what draft choice we'd end up with is hard to say. I think there's a chance we're better than where we ended up which means a much worse draft position. We probably still could get Ross possibly to replace DeRozan. Or we draft a big man like Drummond. I don't know anything about Drummond or any of the big men due to me just not paying attention this draft because of the current makeup of the team..

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a big supporter of Kemba leading up to the draft, but in hindsight, I'm glad we picked Jonas instead.

Having said that, I think it's far too early to label Kemba as a bust. He'll be a legit PG in this league soon enough.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

more interesting would have been a scenario where the cavs have picked Jonas two years ago and added Thomas Robinson this year... with the development of Irving this could have been a dynamic lineup.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually like Val on Cleveland because they're a team that could stand the wait. They lost Lebron and no one expected them to turn things around right away. Unlike the Raptors who have had 3-4 bad seasons prior to drafting Val, Cleveland had pressing needs at every position and could withstand drafting a player that might be 2-3 years away from being an effective NBA player. Tristan Thompson was a reach where they picked him.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I actually like Val on Cleveland because they're a team that could stand the wait. They lost Lebron and no one expected them to turn things around right away. Unlike the Raptors who have had 3-4 bad seasons prior to drafting Val, Cleveland had pressing needs at every position and could withstand drafting a player that might be 2-3 years away from being an effective NBA player. Tristan Thompson was a reach where they picked him.
    I am glad JV was picked over Knight or Kemba. A legit starting centre is the hardest thing to find in the NBA - with PG a distant 2nd.

Totally agree with Cleveland and JV. They would be looking extremely solid with an Irving/JV pairing moving forward. I do think they botched 2 of their 3 top 4 picks. Imagine Irving/JV/Barnes or Beal or MKG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I am glad JV was picked over Knight or Kemba. A legit starting centre is the hardest thing to find in the NBA - with PG a distant 2nd.

Totally agree with Cleveland and JV. They would be looking extremely solid with an Irving/JV pairing moving forward. I do think they botched 2 of their 3 top 4 picks. Imagine Irving/JV/Barnes or Beal or MKG.
    I agree a legit starting centre is definitely hard to find. Hopefully we keep looking and eventually find one. In the meantime JV will have to do since we've spent a high draft pick in him. Who knows, he may even pan out in few years.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I agree a legit starting centre is definitely hard to find. Hopefully we keep looking and eventually find one. In the meantime JV will have to do since we've spent a high draft pick in him. Who knows, he may even pan out in few years.
    lol - oh ebrian. I think you should go full time Bobcats fan.

(jk)

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    What are you basing this on?

Every player you named beside Irving there has played zero NBA games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information