Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jonas Injured

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, he'll bust his ass and be ready for the season opener...

.... Then DC will play him 48 mins and blow out the injury to a season-ender.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    Well I guess when building a successful team fails, spin it and sell it.
    Bryan Colangelo's primary goal is to ensure the Raptors are a successful business. Fans want to believe and it's easy enough to cultivate the hope that maybe, if everything is just so, we will be successful.

That hope is a very good thing in my opinion, regardless of the outcome.

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Bryan Colangelo's primary goal is to ensure the Raptors are a successful business. Fans want to believe and it's easy enough to cultivate the hope that maybe, if everything is just so, we will be successful.

I have hope, I'm excited to see our new roster take the floor. I'm just sceptacle of anything ran by the same people as the leafs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post

sport fan perspective,,,,, meet,,,,, wisdom

Post Thanks / Like

I think too much is being made out of it. Jonas will certainly get back to 100% very soon. As Coach Casey said, the doctors have only ruled it a light calf strain. Coach Casey also said he's moving better every day in the voluntary practices.

Just trying to take extra care of it. Hopefully he will be ready to go by Media Day.

Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this related to the injury he suffered in the olympics that had him hobbling up and down the court?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't we just start the season already, I'm ready to go!!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a bigger issue: DC plays his best guys into the ground, regardless of injury.

We saw it last year with Bargnani. 40+ minutes immediately after coming off the injury. It was beyond confusing at the time and remains the stupidest decision of DC's Raptor tenure.

We all love DC. But he's gotta figure out how to ease guys back in and take care of players when they are ailing. This injury to Jonas is a chance to either prove he's learned from this mistakes, or to cement his status as a coach that will grind his players to the bone. Unfortuneately, the scenario's is going to play out with the future of the franchise (Jonas) as the trial run.

Here's hoping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    Here's a bigger issue: DC plays his best guys into the ground, regardless of injury.

We saw it last year with Bargnani. 40+ minutes immediately after coming off the injury. It was beyond confusing at the time and remains the stupidest decision of DC's Raptor tenure.

We all love DC. But he's gotta figure out how to ease guys back in and take care of players when they are ailing. This injury to Jonas is a chance to either prove he's learned from this mistakes, or to cement his status as a coach that will grind his players to the bone. Unfortuneately, the scenario's is going to play out with the future of the franchise (Jonas) as the trial run.

Here's hoping.
    I wonder if that thinking is part of the driving force behind BC assembling such a deep team, with plenty of positional battles for playing time. Not only does comeptition bring out the best in each player (it better, or they'll be traded... *cough* Bayless and JJ *cough*) and make the overall team better, but it also increases the trade value of more players and eliminates the need to play guys into the ground.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another variable is the competence of Toronto's medical staff. If they say a player is "100%", there should be no reason to limit his minutes in fear of injury.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Another variable is the competence of Toronto's medical staff. If they say a player is "100%", there should be no reason to limit his minutes in fear of injury.
    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I wonder if that thinking is part of the driving force behind BC assembling such a deep team, with plenty of positional battles for playing time. Not only does comeptition bring out the best in each player (it better, or they'll be traded... *cough* Bayless and JJ *cough*) and make the overall team better, but it also increases the trade value of more players and eliminates the need to play guys into the ground.
    Both solid points. The deep(er) roster will help. DC likely felt compelled to over-play an injured Bargs last year due to lack of options behind him; unwittingly driving nails into the coffin of a potential all-star season. Perhaps adding JV down low, and maybe (just maybe) some development from Big Ed, will provide some of the coverage we need to deal with the injury bug. That being said, we're not running that deep with capable starters this year either.

I think the connection between the trianing & coaching staffs is something worth looking at. There's gotta be a point during recovery (especially for things like calf strains) where a guy is capable for contributing for 20ish mins, but still is too much of a re-injury risk to run out for 40+. That's a message that the trianing staff needs to send and the coaching staff needs to hear and prioritize. Last year that communication broke down and it cost us our best player. This year it's looking like the development of our most exciting prospect since Bosh hangs in the balance. Training staff competency is one thing, their ability to influence the coach's in game decisions is another.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stefanski discusses Jonas' injury....

"I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I think too much is being made out of it. Jonas will certainly get back to 100% very soon. As Coach Casey said, the doctors have only ruled it a light calf strain. Coach Casey also said he's moving better every day in the voluntary practices.

Just trying to take extra care of it. Hopefully he will be ready to go by Media Day.
    ok sometimes we post with our head and sometimes we post with our heart.

WE HOPE HE IS 100%
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

The only certainty is death. I think we can all agree though, this shouldn't be an issue, and he will be fine. Just in case though, MLSE has an excuse ready to go

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Taxes are also a certainty.

Post Thanks / Like

Isint it crazy though, some 19 (20?) year old kid twists his ankle, and we are all about to have a heart attack

Thread Information