Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlz wrote: View Post
    translation:

....Jonas went up against a scrub and looked like garbage...

... AND ... since NBA Raptors TV has been running the Jonas V story all summer to sell tix they can't afford to burst that bubble until the 10-15 game mark....

... at which time the apology has already been installed that "he missed camp and can't possibly be expected to have a good rookie campaign.."

...raptors buy more time from fans...

... haha suckers...

All that from twisting his ankle? Who would have thought...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      It really is Hilarious how consistently Over-the-Top-Negative your comments are.
      Charlz's response was hilarious!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        It really is Hilarious how consistently Over-the-Top-Negative your comments are.
        Dude rather than attack me look back on Raptor history. Speak to the facts don't try to attack my character.

this is not a slam on JV - we all hope his is a player - its Rap management that takes us for a ride.... the lies ... the spin.. the praying on our hopefulness.
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
          Dude rather than attack me look back on Raptor history. Speak to the facts don't try to attack my character.

this is not a slam on JV - we all hope his is a player - its Rap management that takes us for a ride.... the lies ... the spin.. the praying on our hopefulness.
          Well I guess when building a successful team fails, spin it and sell it.

Comment

Theycallmezz +100 on the Space Jam reference.

Comment

Don't worry, he'll bust his ass and be ready for the season opener...

.... Then DC will play him 48 mins and blow out the injury to a season-ender.

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                Well I guess when building a successful team fails, spin it and sell it.
                Bryan Colangelo's primary goal is to ensure the Raptors are a successful business. Fans want to believe and it's easy enough to cultivate the hope that maybe, if everything is just so, we will be successful.

That hope is a very good thing in my opinion, regardless of the outcome.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                  Bryan Colangelo's primary goal is to ensure the Raptors are a successful business. Fans want to believe and it's easy enough to cultivate the hope that maybe, if everything is just so, we will be successful.

I have hope, I'm excited to see our new roster take the floor. I'm just sceptacle of anything ran by the same people as the leafs.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post

sport fan perspective,,,,, meet,,,,, wisdom

Comment

I think too much is being made out of it. Jonas will certainly get back to 100% very soon. As Coach Casey said, the doctors have only ruled it a light calf strain. Coach Casey also said he's moving better every day in the voluntary practices.

Just trying to take extra care of it. Hopefully he will be ready to go by Media Day.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Is this related to the injury he suffered in the olympics that had him hobbling up and down the court?

Comment

Can't we just start the season already, I'm ready to go!!

Comment

Here's a bigger issue: DC plays his best guys into the ground, regardless of injury.

We saw it last year with Bargnani. 40+ minutes immediately after coming off the injury. It was beyond confusing at the time and remains the stupidest decision of DC's Raptor tenure.

We all love DC. But he's gotta figure out how to ease guys back in and take care of players when they are ailing. This injury to Jonas is a chance to either prove he's learned from this mistakes, or to cement his status as a coach that will grind his players to the bone. Unfortuneately, the scenario's is going to play out with the future of the franchise (Jonas) as the trial run.

Here's hoping.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
                              Here's a bigger issue: DC plays his best guys into the ground, regardless of injury.

We saw it last year with Bargnani. 40+ minutes immediately after coming off the injury. It was beyond confusing at the time and remains the stupidest decision of DC's Raptor tenure.

We all love DC. But he's gotta figure out how to ease guys back in and take care of players when they are ailing. This injury to Jonas is a chance to either prove he's learned from this mistakes, or to cement his status as a coach that will grind his players to the bone. Unfortuneately, the scenario's is going to play out with the future of the franchise (Jonas) as the trial run.

Here's hoping.
                              I wonder if that thinking is part of the driving force behind BC assembling such a deep team, with plenty of positional battles for playing time. Not only does comeptition bring out the best in each player (it better, or they'll be traded... *cough* Bayless and JJ *cough*) and make the overall team better, but it also increases the trade value of more players and eliminates the need to play guys into the ground.

Comment

Another variable is the competence of Toronto's medical staff. If they say a player is "100%", there should be no reason to limit his minutes in fear of injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X