The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boxing Thread

What-up peeps? I came across an Mike Tyson career highlight tape today and I was hoping I would find a boxing thread on RR where we can share cool youtube clips and meaningful conversations about boxing. Since there wasn't already one, I decided to go ahead and create one. So lets get things started off on the right foot with this awesome clip. Enjoy!

We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Tell you right now you won't find any basketball players featured. Kings of the hard slap.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      Tell you right now you won't find any basketball players featured. Kings of the hard slap.
      I seriously wouldn't bet against that. Although, I heard somewhere that Ron Artest is interested in doing some boxing after he retires from basketball. After what he did to James Harden I got to say he has some serious pent up anger that needs to be released and boxing might be it. I just think he would be a better fit with either Muai Thai from his usage of elbows.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Haha I came here looking to start a conversation about Mike Tyson, and likely would have used a video very similar to the one you've chosen.

Mike Tyson was the greatest of all time. Right there with Ali. No one will ever throw a punch like Iron Mike.

Comment

Old HBO documentary on Iron Mike:

Comment

Anybody catch Mayweather vs. Alvarez last night? Just torrented it and watching it now.
            Alvarez looks HUGE compared to Mayweather. He's got like 15lbs on him they're saying.

Comment

For 36, Mayweather is looking SHARP. God damn. Love how that guy fights. So classic.

Comment

Majority Decision?! Where the hell was there a DRAW in there anywhere??
                Mayweather beat his ass!!

That's ridiculous. Shoulda been unanimous. Absolutely brutal judging.
                No surprise it was the same judge, CJ Ross, who completely screwed up the Pacquiao-Bradley fight too.
                Mayweather landed easily 100 more punches that Alvarez.

And you know its a bad judgement when Alvarez' promoter even questions where the 114-114 draw came from.

"It was so one-sided," said Bernard Hopkins, the all-time great who is often critical of Mayweather and works within Golden Boy Promotions, which promotes Alvarez. "I don't care who it is, when it is not right, it is not right. I don't know where it came from."
                Last edited by Joey; Sun Sep 15, 2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  For 36, Mayweather is looking SHARP. God damn. Love how that guy fights. So classic.
                  It looked so easy. This dude will be unbeaten if he continues to use his brain more than his fists.

Amazing fighter.

Comment

Mayweather vs Maidana is set for May 3rd. Your thoughts?
                    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Feb 24, 2014, 09:34 PM.

Comment

This video is GOLD.
                      Mike Tyson Highlights set to Street Fighter sound effects.

Comment

RIP Rubin "The Hurricane" Carter.

Apparently he was living in Toronto before he died.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          RIP Rubin "The Hurricane" Carter.

Apparently he was living in Toronto before he died.

Last 25 years or so.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Last 25 years or so.
                            Unreal. Don't know what I would have done with that information, but for some reason I'm disappointed I didn't know that ... The things he could've done in the boxing world, if not for Racism.

Comment

Mayweather fight should start in an hour. ( approx )

Who you got?

Comment

Working...
                              X